Windows 10: Turn off or work around screen saver

Discus and support Turn off or work around screen saver in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I would like to ask for some help with my predicament. On my work laptop with Win10 the screen saver is set to activate after 10 minutes of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/christoforough, May 28, 2020.

1. Turn off or work around screen saver

Hello! I would like to ask for some help with my predicament. On my work laptop with Win10 the screen saver is set to activate after 10 minutes of inactivity. This is extremely annoying because i am not doing always something on it, but i would like the screen to be always on so i can glance on it time to time to look if i got a new email or message. I have to always retype my password to log back into Windows.

Unfortunately the option to turn the screen saver off is admin locked.

Does anyone have an idea how i could work around this somehow? Some points i cannot do:

• cannot install anything on the computer

• cannot run exe files

• cannot change registry

• cannot change anything in gpedit.msc

Everything is admin locked.

I looked into web based programs that move the mouse by themself or maybe a browser add-on. Those i can install. I tried VLC to play in the background. Did not help. Screen saver still started. I am now thinking about writing an excel macro to move the mouse periodically. But i am not even sure if Win10 would take that as "activity"

If anyone has any more ideas, that would be welcome.

submitted by /u/christoforough
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/christoforough, May 28, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Screen Saver won't turn off

Hi Bodine,

There may be an issue with the screen saver settings that is why you cannot turn off your screen saver using your mouse or keyboard. To resolve this issue, kindly disable the screen saver, and then re-enable it. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • On the left pane, select Lock screen.
    • On the right pane, click Screen saver settings.
    • On the Screen Saver Settings window, click the drop-down menu under
      Screen saver and choose None.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.
    • Access the Screen Saver Settings window again.
    • On the Screen Saver Settings window, click the drop-down menu under
      Screen saver and choose the screen saver that you want.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.
    • Check if you'll be able to turn off the screen saver using your mouse or keyboard.
    After performing the steps above, kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, May 28, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen Saver/Desktop/Screen Saver

Hi Jim,

The issue you encountered with screen saver can be due to incorrect screen saver settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried changing the screen saver settings?
    • Are you trying to off the the screen saver?

Meanwhile, you can follow these steps to turn off your screen saver:

• Open Settings and Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock screen, scroll down and choose Screen saver settings.
    • Choose None in the drop-down menu.
    • Select Apply.
    • Click OK.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 28, 2020
  4. Asylum Win User

Turn off or work around screen saver

BSOD during screen saver

Screen savers screw up everthing....My advice is to turn off screen savers!! *Pimp Turn off or work around screen saver :pimp:

Asylum, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Turn off or work around screen saver

1. Turn off or work around screen saver - Similar Threads - Turn off around

2. How to turn off screen saver adverts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off screen saver adverts: Today - I noticed that on my paid windows license product the desktop is showing me screen saver adverts - Um. and the screen shaver lock screen pages don't let me turn it off, no setting to turn it off.Please tell me this was a mistake and will be rectified. What is most...
  3. How to turn off screen saver adverts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off screen saver adverts: Today - I noticed that on my paid windows license product the desktop is showing me screen saver adverts - Um. and the screen shaver lock screen pages don't let me turn it off, no setting to turn it off.Please tell me this was a mistake and will be rectified....
  4. How to turn off screen saver adverts

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off screen saver adverts: Today - I noticed that on my paid windows license product the desktop is showing me screen saver adverts - Um. and the screen shaver lock screen pages don't let me turn it off, no setting to turn it off.Please tell me this was a mistake and will be rectified....
  5. can't turn off screen saver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't turn off screen saver: So I set the screen saver to none and pressed apply but the screen still turns off and locks after the time i set in the grayed box. submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ku77fj/cant_turn_off_screen_saver/
  6. Screen Saver Randomly Turning OFF

Screen Saver Randomly Turning OFF: I'm having this issue of my screen saver randomly turning off and I see that it's a problem that's been around for quite some time now. Is there any new information or workarounds on this issue? Are there any edits of the registry that can be done to keep the screen saver...
  7. Screen saver turning off

Screen saver turning off: This is really confusing me. So, for some reason, my screen saver keeps turning itself off. As in, it sets itself to "none." then I have to set it back up. It seems to do this randomly. Anyone have any advice?...
  8. my screen saver will not turn off in windows 10 using photo gallery as saver

my screen saver will not turn off in windows 10 using photo gallery as saver: my screen saver will not turn off in windows 10 using photo gallery as saver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-saver-will-not-turn-off-in-windows-10/27a22585-19c2-463f-a9bb-3e3dd9d4c69c
  9. Can't turn battery saver off

Can't turn battery saver off: when my laptop is unplugged, even if it has 100%, the battery saver is on. I switch it to off in settings, then it automatically resets to on, and I cant switch it off....
  10. Unable to turn off Battery saver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to turn off Battery saver: Hello guys, i can*t turn off the battery saver..do u know why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-off-battery-saver/2fcc8775-4013-4054-9b22-727bfcd2fdd6