Windows 10: turn off password request when screen in sleep mode

Discus and support turn off password request when screen in sleep mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; have difficulty in having my pc start up when in sleep mode, screen for password does not appear so O'm thinking remove the password requirement when... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidJet99, Oct 16, 2018.

1. turn off password request when screen in sleep mode

have difficulty in having my pc start up when in sleep mode, screen for password does not appear so O'm thinking remove the password requirement when in sleep mode and just a keystroke or mouse movement to start, happy to leave password for initial start up …. any ideas/

:)

DavidJet99, Oct 16, 2018
  2. colnago Win User

Win 10 Constantly Requesting Password After Entering Sleep Mode

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how to stop Win 10 requesting password after going into sleep mode. What I have tried netplwiz and unchecked box and also a Microsoft Rep suggested to access user accounts through cmd which I did and that helped a little to where computer needs to enter sleep mode to request password where as before when screen just shut off to save power and hitting power button before sleep activated password request happened. The device is a Surface 3 with Win 10 from 8.1 where 8.1 never had this issue. Also, I think is weird, when sign in comes up it says switch user in bottom left but computer only has one user that I can verify through control panel and cmd using net users. So issue is tablet goes into sleep mode will request password but instead of entering password you can hit power button and select restart then Win 10 signs right in, weird. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

colnago, Oct 16, 2018
  3. how to activate password screen on sleep mode

Hi, I have a admin password. so when i put the pc in sleep mode it used to prompt for password in windows 8. But it seems in windows 10, it doesn't prompt for a password and goes directly to the os. How to put the password screen back in sleep mode?

Thanks in advance.

adolescent, Oct 16, 2018
  4. turn off password request when screen in sleep mode

Windows 10 Version 1511 causes password request after sleep

After I installed Windows 10 Version 1511 the password request screen appears after sleep mode.

This never happened before and is an annoyance.

I reinstalled no password from netplwiz and I do not get a password after a reboot or cold boot but do get one now after sleep.

How can a stop a password request after sleep?

Tim in Baltimore, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

turn off password request when screen in sleep mode

1. turn off password request when screen in sleep mode - Similar Threads - turn off password

2. How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode: Hi, can someone help how to turn off the sound, I mean here exactly for radio which is running on Chome, when the computer is on sleep mode, for Windows 10.The computer goes to sleep but the radio keeps playing and it is annoying.If anyone can help would be great....
  3. How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode: Hi, can someone help how to turn off the sound, I mean here exactly for radio which is running on Chome, when the computer is on sleep mode, for Windows 10.The computer goes to sleep but the radio keeps playing and it is annoying.If anyone can help would be great....
  4. The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode: With recent updates, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen switches to lock screen before sleeping. In the past, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen would turn off immediately. Is this a new feature? or some kind of...
  5. The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode: With recent updates, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen switches to lock screen before sleeping. In the past, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen would turn off immediately. Is this a new feature? or some kind of...
  6. Sleep Mode & Screen Off Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Mode & Screen Off Mode: If I set,PC screen will turn off after- 1hourPC will sleep after- 2hourWhen the PC will actually sleep during my inactivity? Is it 2hour? Or 1+2=3 hour?I mean, what does it mean by "sleep after"? Does the count start from the screen went off? Or from the the very beginning of...
  7. Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fans/LEDs not turning off when in sleep mode.: Running an old ASRock motherboard with an AMD Phenom II processor. BIOS is updated, latest update of Windows 10, all updated drivers, etc. 2 fans plugged into a splitter to the fan header on my motherboard + 2 more plugged straight into my power supply + the cpu cooler fan...
  8. Turning off sound notifications when PC is in sleep mode

Turning off sound notifications when PC is in sleep mode: My desktop is in sleep mode but I keep hearing audio sounds that typically accompany notifications when the PC is active. I can not find a setting to silence the PC while it is sleeping. Clearly something that I should be able to control....
  9. Computer turns off when going into sleep mode

Computer turns off when going into sleep mode: I just recently started to have an issue of my computer turning off when going into sleep mode. When I turn it back on it takes over 3 minutes to come back to life. I have a copy of the event log but not sure how to post the file. Any help would be appreciated....
  10. Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off

Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off: When entering Sleep Mode the computer is turned off. Performance indicates that Sleep Mode is set for 30 minutes which I have not used, but when I leave my computer and manually select Sleep Mode is when the computer is turned off. I checked the network adapter for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off password login request on sleep mode