Windows 10: turn off programs or apps running in background

Discus and support turn off programs or apps running in background in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; turn off programs or apps running in background - is this possible on Win 7 Pro? My SD hard drive or fan is running all the time. My computer gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by maineiacbob, Mar 10, 2022.

1. turn off programs or apps running in background

turn off programs or apps running in background - is this possible on Win 7 Pro? My SD hard drive or fan is running all the time. My computer gets warm. Can I turn off apps or prpgrams running in the background to save energy and the fan from running so much?

:)

maineiacbob, Mar 10, 2022

2. GPU not idling when program running in background

Whenever there is a program running in background like utorrent, the clock is stuck at 993mhz and the memory at 1500mhz..when I turn it off, the clocks are back to normal...need a fix ..drivers are the latest whql (not 337.5)..clock is measured from zotac firestorm..(use it for fan curve also..works flawlessly)..any suggestions will be appreciated..

ELiTRiGG3R, Mar 10, 2022
  3. werby Win User
    Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10  

It works here too! I also noticed, turning on/off and opening Background Apps is not necessary.
    Just "Reset" any or all WinApps (one by one) and then you can find them under "Background Apps" list.

Thanks again TechHool turn off programs or apps running in background :)

PS: Turning Off "Background Apps", cannot affect Edge.

werby, Mar 10, 2022
  4. turn off programs or apps running in background

Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10  

Works for me, thanks.

lafargeotte, Mar 10, 2022
Thema:

turn off programs or apps running in background

1. turn off programs or apps running in background - Similar Threads - turn off programs

2. No option to turn off background apps in windows 11 temporary fix to turn off apps in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to turn off background apps in windows 11 temporary fix to turn off apps in...: It's a temporary fix for people that don't have background apps the link will show you how to do a group policy edit and a registry edit to disable the background apps https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable-background-apps-in-windows-11.923/Microsoft and their...
  3. No option to turn off background apps in windows 11 temporary fix to turn off apps in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to turn off background apps in windows 11 temporary fix to turn off apps in...: It's a temporary fix for people that don't have background apps the link will show you how to do a group policy edit and a registry edit to disable the background apps https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable-background-apps-in-windows-11.923/Microsoft and their...
  4. No option to turn off background apps in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to turn off background apps in windows 11: Respected Microsoft community,I upgraded to windows 11 home single language last year via windows update . After that I noticed that there is no option to turn off background apps in apps and features and battery settings. Please help me as the background activity of apps is...
  5. turn off programs or apps running in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off programs or apps running in background: turn off programs or apps running in background - is this possible on Win 7 Pro? My SD hard drive or fan is running all the time. My computer gets warm. Can I turn off apps or prpgrams running in the background to save energy and the fan from running so much?...
  6. No option to turn off background apps in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to turn off background apps in windows 11.: Hello Microsoft Community,I upgraded to windows 11 home single language a few days ago. Now my laptop's battery is draining very fast. I decided to turn off background applications. But there is no such option to turn off background apps is Apps and Features section. What...
  7. close program running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    close program running in background: when I shut down, where is always a program running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-program-running-in-background/3f614455-a691-49db-ab18-65981ea0cd5f
  8. How shut off screen while programs run in background?

in Windows 10 Support
    How shut off screen while programs run in background?: Folks, I've got a new build. I use it to run a security camera program, Blue Iris. It runs Blue Iris 24/7. What I'd like is for the screen to go blank 30 minutes after the last mouse or keyboard input. How do I do this? Setting power plan does not work, since the...
  9. Apps Running in Background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps Running in Background: Recently, I've had a lot of Windows apps running in the background- photos, calculator, and the store app, just to name a few- despite the fact that I have my computer set to not run apps in the background. Well, recently I found out that every time I turn on my computer, my...
  10. Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can choose which apps can receive info, send notifications, and stay up-to-date, even when you're not using them. Turning background apps off can...