Windows 10: Turn off S-mode using windows 10 version 1709

Discus and support Turn off S-mode using windows 10 version 1709 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having some problems getting out of this new mode. I need to download a program for one of my class and S-mode keeps blocking me from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Primo1012, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Primo1012 Win User

Turn off S-mode using windows 10 version 1709

Hi, I've been having some problems getting out of this new mode. I need to download a program for one of my class and S-mode keeps blocking me from using installing outside applications. The reason I am on windows version 1709 is whenever I try to update to version 1909, the process stops at 23-25%. If anyone can help me either switch out of S-mode or update my version that would be nice.Sincerely Thomas

:)

Primo1012, Jul 12, 2021
  2. Al Burc Win User

Unable to update Window 10 Pro version 1607 to version 1709

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1607 to the latest version 1709 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer
    • Ran the DISM.exe
    Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101 - 0x30018
    • 0x900704c7
    Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you

Al Burc, Jul 12, 2021
  3. Al Burc Win User
    Unable to update Windows 10 Pro version 1709 to 1803

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1709 to the latest version 1803 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer

Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101
    • 0x80070643

Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you.

Al Burc, Jul 12, 2021
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Turn off S-mode using windows 10 version 1709 - Similar Threads - Turn off mode

2. S Mode turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S Mode turned off: I just got a Lenovo computer and signed out of S mode too quickly. My mom said that my computer will no longer update. That’s probably my biggest/only concern. Can I go to a store and get it rebooted or will my computer never update again? Besides security will my computer be...
  3. S Mode turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    S Mode turned off: I just got a Lenovo computer and signed out of S mode too quickly. My mom said that my computer will no longer update. That’s probably my biggest/only concern. Can I go to a store and get it rebooted or will my computer never update again? Besides security will my computer be...
  4. turn off s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off s mode: Hello,I have microsoft windows 11 home, I'm trying to turn off the S mode as I am unable to open Bourden Printmaster down load, can you help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-s-mode/5e264971-3503-487e-bbf6-bf1e31c68329
  5. turn off s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off s mode: Hello,I have microsoft windows 11 home, I'm trying to turn off the S mode as I am unable to open Bourden Printmaster down load, can you help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-s-mode/5e264971-3503-487e-bbf6-bf1e31c68329
  6. turn off s mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. S mode How to turn off windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    S mode How to turn off windows 10?: How do I turn off S mode in windows 10? Microsoft support says the following but I don't show part 2 on my screen? On your PC running Windows 10 in S mode, open Settings > Update & Security > Activation. Find the Switch to Windows 10 Home or Switch to Windows 10 Pro...
  8. S Mode will not turn off.

S Mode will not turn off.: So, I've been trying to turn off S mode as soon as I got this new PC. It did turn off once the moment I first got this PC But then it came back when I restarted my PC. So, I attempt to try to turn this off once again but then it leaves an infinite "Working on it..."...
  9. Windows S mode will not turn off

Windows S mode will not turn off: I switched out of "S" mode and successfully downloaded Malwarebytes and Google Chrome. now neither program will run and the system is indicating that I need to switch out of "S" mode. I thought once you were out of "S" mode there was no going back. All attempts to once again...
  10. Turn off S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Turn off S Mode: I am attempting to turn off S mode. I went to the Microsoft store and am on the page detailing turn off S mode, but there is no "get" button for me to hit. I need it off, I specifically bought this computer only for my scanner, which requires Windows. But- the Microsoft...