Windows 10: Turn off screen but keep sound on

Discus and support Turn off screen but keep sound on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My lap top is connecter to big monitor with HDMI cable, and I have speakers connected to lap top. Is there a way to turn off my monitor, keeping my lap... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/murdafeelin, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Turn off screen but keep sound on

My lap top is connecter to big monitor with HDMI cable, and I have speakers connected to lap top. Is there a way to turn off my monitor, keeping my lap top lid closed but keeping the music going Turn off screen but keep sound on :) When I turn off my monitor audio goes from playing on speakers to playing on lap top speakers(I don’t want that) I want audio to keep going on external speakers.

Thank you for your help

submitted by /u/murdafeelin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/murdafeelin, Apr 15, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Turn off screen but keep sound on :p

cadaveca, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Truckin2U Win User
    Turn screen keyboard sound off

Steps to turn off/on key sounds for Touch
    Keyboard in Windows
    10: Step 1: Enter Settings. Step 2: Choose Devices to move on. Step 3: Open Typing, and then switch off or on Play key
    sounds as I type under Touch keyboard. Related Articles:
    Turn off Click Sound for On-Screen
    Keyboard in Windows

These steps don't work for me, for don't have switch off or on Play key
    sounds as I type. I have gone into typing and turned everything off. What else can I do?

Truckin2U, Apr 15, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Turn off screen but keep sound on

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Turn off screen but keep sound on

1. Turn off screen but keep sound on - Similar Threads - Turn off screen

2. Laptop sound/speaker keeps turning on/off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop sound/speaker keeps turning on/off: Hi,The laptop sound/speaker keeps on turning of and off when I connect bluetooth speaker. I replaced the headphones but the problem still persists. I tried to roll back the updates but it does not allow me to. I got this link but it's not helping in my...
  3. Laptop sound/speaker keeps turning on/off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop sound/speaker keeps turning on/off: Hi,The laptop sound/speaker keeps on turning of and off when I connect bluetooth speaker. I replaced the headphones but the problem still persists. I tried to roll back the updates but it does not allow me to. I got this link but it's not helping in my...
  4. Screen Turn Off Keep resetting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Turn Off Keep resetting: II want my screen to turn off after one hour. I have it set that way on the Power & Sleep section of settings. But then in a few days I find it is reset itself to 15 minutes. How do I keep this setting permanently at one hour?...
  5. Screen Turn Off Keep resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Turn Off Keep resetting: II want my screen to turn off after one hour. I have it set that way on the Power & Sleep section of settings. But then in a few days I find it is reset itself to 15 minutes. How do I keep this setting permanently at one hour?...
  6. Screen Turn Off Keep resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Spatial sound keeps turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spatial sound keeps turning off: I recently got a new DAC for my PC (Topping E30) and it is connected via USB and for some reason the spatial sound keeps turning off when I boot up my PC after a shut down, when rebooting spatial sound stays on but if I shut down and then boot up the spatial sound is off,...
  8. screen turns off but sound keep playing for one or two secends

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen turns off but sound keep playing for one or two secends: Hi, my screen turns off but the sound keeps playing for a few seconds, then it turns off too. the power light in the case blinks but I have no output. so I have no choice but to restart the computer. I am suspicious that using two monitors are the cause. please help me find...
  9. Screens keep turning off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screens keep turning off.: My two screens keep turning off after a while, despite me having set the settings to "never". I've tried to find a solution but nothing works, they just keep turning off after some time of inactivity and they've only been doing it for the last few days....
  10. Turn screen keyboard sound off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn screen keyboard sound off: Steps to turn off/on key sounds for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: Step 1: Enter Settings. Step 2: Choose Devices to move on. Step 3: Open Typing, and then switch off or on Play key sounds as I type under Touch keyboard. Related Articles: Turn off Click Sound for On-Screen...