Windows 10: Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity?

Discus and support Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there! Currently I have 2 display that I use for work in WFH and I would like for one of display to turn off if I’m not at the computer after 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Grapeflavor_, May 9, 2022.

1. Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity?

Hi there!

Currently I have 2 display that I use for work in WFH and I would like for one of display to turn off if I’m not at the computer after 10 minutes but want the keep the other one ON forever.

Is this achievable?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Grapeflavor_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Grapeflavor_, May 9, 2022

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 9, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    mouse pointer gets lost on inactive (powered down) display

If you just turn secondary display off but you still have Settings > Display > Multiple displays set to Extend, Windows thinks the display is there even it has been turned off. It's not enough to turn it off, you must also set Multiple Displays to Show only on 1.

Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity? [​IMG]

Kari, May 9, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity?

Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on

Verna,

But you did not look at that tutorial's list of related tutorials for all the other
    Add or Remove ... from Power Options - TenForumsTutorials
    ones. That's what I suggested. The link to that particular tutorial was just a way in to the set of them.

Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity? [​IMG]

And you'll find even more of the set by searching the list of tutorials.

Denis

Try3, May 9, 2022
Thema:

Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity?

1. Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity? - Similar Threads - Turn off secondary

2. Microphone turns off automatically after a min of inactivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone turns off automatically after a min of inactivity: I have recently upgraded my laptop to Win 10 Pro N 20 H2, since then, I have been experiencing a new problem with my microphone. I didn't have any issue with the previous version of win 10. I don't hear in microphone unless I unplug it or from the DTS sound+ I disable "...
  3. A program prevents "Turn off the display" after x minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    A program prevents "Turn off the display" after x minutes: Hello Community, On my Surface Go with Windows 10 Home, a program Siemens - WinCC Runtime is preventing that the display is turned of after a few minutes. How can I prevent that a program can overrule the Windows setting to turn off the display? --> even if the program is...
  4. Display won't turn off after any amount of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display won't turn off after any amount of time: I want my PC to not go to sleep, but I do want the monitor to just turn off after ten minutes of idling or however long amount of time. No screen saver Sleep after: never Allow hybrid sleep: no Hibernate after: never Allow wake timers: enable Turn off display after: (any...
  5. Turn off computer after hours of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn off computer after hours of inactivity: Hi, I want to know if it is possible to create a local active directory policy on a computer that will shut it off not sleep mode setting after given hours of inactivity. N:B: I want to implement this policy on a local device and hope it will not affect other computers...
  6. Secondary monitor display turns off automatically

Secondary monitor display turns off automatically: I have a Dell laptop with 2 extra monitors. Everything has worked fine for a couple years and noticed about a month ago, I will be working along and everything looks up for about a second and my extra 2 displays go dark and anything on them has moved over to my laptop...
  7. Secondary HDD not turning off

Secondary HDD not turning off: Hey guys, I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro yesterday and so far everything works great, the only problem is that my secondary HDD always stays on. I have a 128GB SSD as my main drive and an 750GB HDD as my secondary drive for games, pictures and stuff. Since the...
  8. After PC Boots to Login Screen, how to turn off display for inactivity

After PC Boots to Login Screen, how to turn off display for inactivity: I was wondering if there is a way to turn off the display after a Windows 10 pc is turned on from a shut down state without any user logging in. I have disabled the lock screen via GPO. I also see that the Console Lock Screen Timeout work for me either. 51011
  9. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...
  10. Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Support
    Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity: Hello I have used this site before for help with my computer problems and it never failed, but now I can't find the answer, hope this thread helps I have had my pc for 5 years now, it always worked fine. GA-X79-UD7 I7-3930k GTX 770 Last week the monitor started...