Windows 10: Turn off "Send to OneNote" popup

Discus and support Turn off "Send to OneNote" popup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I first got a Windows 10 computer over a year ago, the daily "Send to OneNote" popup (from the Taskbar) on startup drove me crazy. I finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Suzanne S. Barnhill, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Turn off "Send to OneNote" popup

When I first got a Windows 10 computer over a year ago, the daily "Send to OneNote" popup (from the Taskbar) on startup drove me crazy. I finally managed to get it to stop, but I don't remember how I did it. Somehow I've reawakened the beast now, however. I am using an older version of OneNote that I'm happy with, but I think I inadvertently opened the one that apparently comes with Windows 10, and now I get the popup at startup every day. How can I stop it?

At Settings | Apps | Startup, both Microsoft OneNote Quick Launcher (which I believe is associated with OneNote 2010) and Send to OneNote Tool are turned off.

Turn off "Send to OneNote" popup b4dd5985-1c19-4137-8179-e7ef4e75845b?upload=true.png

Please let me know if this is not the best forum for this question.

:)

Suzanne S. Barnhill, Dec 2, 2019

2. Send to onenote

Hi,

It may be an issue with the add ins in OneNote, we suggest that you disable OneNote add-on and enable it. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Manage add-ons.
    • On the left pane, click Toolbars and Extensions.
    • On the right hand side of the page check for Send to OneNote add-on. Highlight
      Send to OneNote and click on disable.
    • Once the add-on is disabled highlight the add-on again and enable it.
    Note: To enable the File menu in Internet Explorer press the
    Alt
    key on your keyboard.

You may also perform an online repair in Office 2007, to do an Online repair, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Right click Microsoft Office, click Change.
    • Choose Online repair.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    OneNote Insert PDF printout turns black

Since you are still having the same issue even if you use the Windows app troubleshooter, we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the Windows 10 OneNote. You can uninstall the app by using PowerShell as administrator. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open the Start menu, search for PowerShell.
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut, and select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the following command into the PowerShell prompt and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage

• Restart your computer and download the OneNote app from Windows Store.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Dec 2, 2019
  4. George Win User

Turn off "Send to OneNote" popup

Printing on "Send to Microsoft OneNote" printer does nothing

There is a way to do it. Here are the instructions:

1. Use the appropriate program to open the document or file that you want to import into OneNote. For example, use Microsoft Office Word to open documents or Microsoft Office Excel to open Excel workbooks.
    2. On the File menu, click Print.

Note: Some third-party programs might have different interfaces than the Windows interface. Print commands may have different names and may be in different locations than the commands described in these steps.
    3. In the Print dialog box, select Send to OneNote as the printer, and then click Print. OneNote does not maintain a link to the source file. If the source file is updated, those changes do not appear in your notebook unless you import the file again.

Note: When you print a file to OneNote by using the OneNote print driver, a copy of the file's contents is imported.

Click here for addition info, it's Microsoft's KB also you can watch this . I hope this helps.

George, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Turn off "Send to OneNote" popup

1. Turn off "Send to OneNote" popup - Similar Threads - Turn off Send

2. How turn off auto numbering ? OneNote App Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How turn off auto numbering ? OneNote App Win10: Hello, How can I turn off auto numbering (listing) in OneNote, App version in Win 10? Everytime I write a number, it automatically creates a number list, and this is completely pointless. How can I turn this automatic feature off, please? I tried Seeting, Options, but...
  3. Turning off Japanese popup suggestions box on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off Japanese popup suggestions box on Windows 10?: Hello everyone. I'm encountering a strange feature on Windows 10, using the Microsoft IME Japanese language pack. When playing a computer game, I attempted to input Japanese text. A little suggestions box would popup instead in the top left corner of my screen, with the...
  4. turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off: how do I go back to my regular picture and turn off paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off/ae72a602-5fc5-48ce-8150-ba8c396566dc
  5. Turn On or Off Send and Receive MMS attachments in Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Send and Receive MMS attachments in Your Phone app: How to: Turn On or Off Send and Receive MMS attachments in Your Phone app How to Turn On or Off Send and Receive MMS attachments from Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. You will can only delete messages on...
  6. How to disable Defender "This app is turned off by group policy" popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable Defender "This app is turned off by group policy" popup: I have Windows 10 Pro. I have Norton Internet Security Suite installed, so I don't need Windows Defender. But I keep getting a pop up saying "Windows Defender - This app is turned off by group policy." How can I stop this pop up from, you know, popping up? Thanks,...
  7. Have popup taskbar on both monitors. How to turn off on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Have popup taskbar on both monitors. How to turn off on 2nd monitor: Just finished the upgrade from Win7-64 to Win10-64 & have an odd problem that I didn't have using Win7. I now have popup taskbars on both monitors. How do you turn off on 2nd monitor? *Confused 9555
  8. Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to...
  9. Turned off action center, still getting popups?

in Windows 10 Support
    Turned off action center, still getting popups?: Followed this, Action Center - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Action center is gone, but I am still getting "Turn on Windows Firewall" and other such popups that seem to originate from the action center? How do I turn these off as well? 61286
  10. Notification popups from text, email, youtube how to turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification popups from text, email, youtube how to turn off: recently I have had notification popups appearing from the lower right side of my computer screen upward. how do i shut these off. it takes up my screen space. I get them from emails, youtube sites I have subscribed to, text, everything. how do i turn these off? 81362