Windows 10: Turn off "Send to OneNote" popup

Discus and support Turn off "Send to OneNote" popup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I first got a Windows 10 computer over a year ago, the daily "Send to OneNote" popup (from the Taskbar) on startup drove me crazy. I finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Suzanne S. Barnhill, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Turn off "Send to OneNote" popup

When I first got a Windows 10 computer over a year ago, the daily "Send to OneNote" popup (from the Taskbar) on startup drove me crazy. I finally managed to get it to stop, but I don't remember how I did it. Somehow I've reawakened the beast now, however. I am using an older version of OneNote that I'm happy with, but I think I inadvertently opened the one that apparently comes with Windows 10, and now I get the popup at startup every day. How can I stop it?

At Settings | Apps | Startup, both Microsoft OneNote Quick Launcher (which I believe is associated with OneNote 2010) and Send to OneNote Tool are turned off.

Turn off "Send to OneNote" popup b4dd5985-1c19-4137-8179-e7ef4e75845b?upload=true.png

Please let me know if this is not the best forum for this question.

:)

Suzanne S. Barnhill, Dec 2, 2019

2. Send to onenote

Hi,

It may be an issue with the add ins in OneNote, we suggest that you disable OneNote add-on and enable it. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Manage add-ons.
    • On the left pane, click Toolbars and Extensions.
    • On the right hand side of the page check for Send to OneNote add-on. Highlight
      Send to OneNote and click on disable.
    • Once the add-on is disabled highlight the add-on again and enable it.
    Note: To enable the File menu in Internet Explorer press the
    Alt
    key on your keyboard.

You may also perform an online repair in Office 2007, to do an Online repair, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Right click Microsoft Office, click Change.
    • Choose Online repair.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    OneNote Insert PDF printout turns black

Since you are still having the same issue even if you use the Windows app troubleshooter, we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the Windows 10 OneNote. You can uninstall the app by using PowerShell as administrator. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open the Start menu, search for PowerShell.
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut, and select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the following command into the PowerShell prompt and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage

• Restart your computer and download the OneNote app from Windows Store.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Dec 2, 2019
  4. George Win User

Turn off "Send to OneNote" popup

Printing on "Send to Microsoft OneNote" printer does nothing

There is a way to do it. Here are the instructions:

1. Use the appropriate program to open the document or file that you want to import into OneNote. For example, use Microsoft Office Word to open documents or Microsoft Office Excel to open Excel workbooks.
    2. On the File menu, click Print.

Note: Some third-party programs might have different interfaces than the Windows interface. Print commands may have different names and may be in different locations than the commands described in these steps.
    3. In the Print dialog box, select Send to OneNote as the printer, and then click Print. OneNote does not maintain a link to the source file. If the source file is updated, those changes do not appear in your notebook unless you import the file again.

Note: When you print a file to OneNote by using the OneNote print driver, a copy of the file's contents is imported.

Click here for addition info, it's Microsoft's KB also you can watch this . I hope this helps.

George, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Turn off "Send to OneNote" popup

1. Turn off "Send to OneNote" popup - Similar Threads - Turn off Send

2. How to turn off Nero popup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to turn off Nero popup: Nero Popup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-nero-popup/f6dd432c-f01a-471a-99db-c13ff9009b71
  3. How to turn off Nero popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off Nero popup: Nero Popup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-nero-popup/f6dd432c-f01a-471a-99db-c13ff9009b71
  4. How to turn off Nero popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to turn off song change popup notifications ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off song change popup notifications ?: I want to turn off notifications about next song popup . that takes to much screen size and time to disappear automatically.it gives problem when I am working and use dedicated function keys to next and previous song also with sound up and down that huge pop up comes and cant...
  6. turn off popup keyboard in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off popup keyboard in windows 10: how do i turn off the keyboard popping up in windows 10 when i tried to type on the built in keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-popup-keyboard-in-windows-10/f584c6dd-01da-4410-8de7-11c357ccf771
  7. Whiteboard "Send to OneNote" is not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whiteboard "Send to OneNote" is not showing up: Hello, I am a teacher who uses the Whiteboard app in class and when class is over I send it to the class' OneNote so they have access and can review the notes when they want. After class this morning I went to where I normally do but the option to send to OneNote was...
  8. Turn off Windows 10 taskbar popups?

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off Windows 10 taskbar popups?: I want to turn off all taskbar popups in Windows 10. Some apps, such as Line (a messaging app) cause the taskbar to popup every time I receive a new notification. Another app, Evernote, always causes the taskbar to appear whenever I create a new note using Evernote's...
  9. How to turn off changing language popup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off changing language popup?: [ATTACH] this popup is very annoying, I know that if I will use Shift + alt this popup will not appear, but it is not a solution, I want fully disable it without removing second language...
  10. Hello, I'm having trouble sending to OneNote 2016. It sends to the other OneNote account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hello, I'm having trouble sending to OneNote 2016. It sends to the other OneNote account: I had uninstalled the other OneNote account and now cannot seem to print/save as/send to OneNote 2016. Please advise? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-im-having-trouble-sending-to-onenote-2016-it/d05fcb5a-d3ea-4e4e-aacd-d0119132f331