Windows 10: Turn off shortcut keys

Discus and support Turn off shortcut keys in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guy's,I'm playing in game and I'm hitting "Windows key+Ctrl+F" on accident and I'm getting dialogue boxes for "Find Computers on your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RG_DaveThomas, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Turn off shortcut keys

Hey guy's,I'm playing in game and I'm hitting "Windows key+Ctrl+F" on accident and I'm getting dialogue boxes for "Find Computers on your network."Causing my game to run in the background. I've found how to turn off shortcut key's but it will turn off all shortcut keys. I just want the one deleted. Any Ideas?Thx,Dave

:)

RG_DaveThomas, Feb 17, 2022
  2. grecinos Win User

Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Feb 17, 2022
  3. shortcut key

Hi Devanshu,

To get a shortcut key for the calculator, go to your desktop and then follow these steps for Windows 10

1. Open the start menu

2. Navigate to calculator in the apps list on the left hand side of the start menu

3. Click and drag the calculator app to your desktop

4. Right-click on calculator and open properties

5. In properties there should be an option to add a shortcut key

ArmadilloHead02, Feb 17, 2022
  4. Autumn20 Win User

Turn off shortcut keys

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Feb 17, 2022
Thema:

Turn off shortcut keys

1. Turn off shortcut keys - Similar Threads - Turn off shortcut

2. How do I turn off ALL shortcut keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off ALL shortcut keys.: I'm retired and honestly the only typing I do any more is in social media. The new laptop keyboard is a bit small so I sometimes end up hitting an alt or ctl key. It messes up the screen. I do NOT play games so answers about games do not help. I need to be able to just type...
  3. How do I turn off ALL shortcut keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off ALL shortcut keys.: I'm retired and honestly the only typing I do any more is in social media. The new laptop keyboard is a bit small so I sometimes end up hitting an alt or ctl key. It messes up the screen. I do NOT play games so answers about games do not help. I need to be able to just type...
  4. Turn off shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off shortcut keys: Hey guy's,I'm playing in game and I'm hitting "Windows key+Ctrl+F" on accident and I'm getting dialogue boxes for "Find Computers on your network."Causing my game to run in the background. I've found how to turn off shortcut key's but it will turn off all shortcut keys. I...
  5. Turn off shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off shortcut keys: Hey guy's,I'm playing in game and I'm hitting "Windows key+Ctrl+F" on accident and I'm getting dialogue boxes for "Find Computers on your network."Causing my game to run in the background. I've found how to turn off shortcut key's but it will turn off all shortcut keys. I...
  6. How to turn off Windows shortcut keys Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off Windows shortcut keys Windows 11: Its really annoying when it opens random applications bind to those keys when I don’t have the windows key pressed and I’m just trying to type. Before I could do a Registry Edit to turn it off completely but that does not seem to work anymore. Are there any suggestions/fixes...
  7. Shortcut to turn off monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut to turn off monitors?: I have a Windows 10 machine that I'm using with these big Apple cinema displays that were given to me for free. They're great monitors with built in webcams, mics, speakers, etc. The only problem is they don't have any physical buttons. ...so I have no way to turn off the...
  8. Is there a way to turn off shortcut function keys?

Is there a way to turn off shortcut function keys?: So basically i bought a laptop but the function keys (f1-f12) they all have shortcuts for example f10 lowers volume and f1 puts laptop on sleep mode and f2 applies airplane mode and so on, is there a way to turn this off? submitted by /u/NM_XDD [link] [comments]...
  9. How to turn off language shortcut key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to turn off language shortcut key: How to turn off language shortcut key ? Because when I play team building PUBG game, I often press this switch Thank you very much ! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-language-shortcut-key/40379a7e-b0f2-43f8-8335-ba634d4637be
  10. Shortcut to turn off screen

Shortcut to turn off screen: I just got a new Lenovo yoga I need a way to make the screen turn off on demand, preferably with a shortcut or icon on the task bar or action center, that will just simply turn the display off without interrupting what the PC is doing. So it dosent turn off sound or sends it...