Windows 10: Turn off SmartScreen Filter in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn off SmartScreen Filter in Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, According to this page: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...=vs.85%29.aspx Navigate to section :: "To turn off Turn on SmartScreen Filter... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by omidsolo, Nov 5, 2015.

1. omidsolo Win User

Turn off SmartScreen Filter in Windows 10

Hi,
    According to this page:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...=vs.85%29.aspx

Navigate to section :: "To turn off Turn on SmartScreen Filter to check web content (URLs) that Windows Store apps use:"

I have created a .bat file with the following contents:

Code: REM Disable "Turn on SmartScreen Filter" REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppHost\EnableWebContentEvaluation" /V "Enabled" /T REG_DWORD /D "0" /F[/quote] After running the .bat file, I go to Settings > Privacy > General and "Turn on SmartScreen Filter..." is still On.
    Am I doing anything wrong?!
    Thanks *Smile

:)

omidsolo, Nov 5, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Nov 5, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello omidsolo, *Smile

It should be for this below instead.

SmartScreen Filter for Store Apps - Turn On or Off

(For .bat file)
    Code: :: Disable "Turn on SmartScreen Filter" REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppHost" /V EnableWebContentEvaluation /T REG_DWORD /D 1 /F[/quote]

Brink, Nov 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Turn off SmartScreen Filter in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn off SmartScreen

2. Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Smartscreen Defender turning itself off!?: I don't know if i have a extreme weak memory but im pretty sure the option in app & browser control about windows smartscreen defender checking apps and files not recognized by the web was on some moments ago and from nowhere it turned itself off, so i have to go and enable...
  3. Filter keys not turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Filter keys not turning off: So, basically I try to do anything but filter keys is on so I go to the little startup thing to turn it off, and its already off, so I press shift 5 times, nothing I hols shift for 8 seconds, nothing WHAT DO I DO submitted by /u/that-drawinguy [link] [comments]...
  4. How to turn on or off Filter Keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn on or off Filter Keys in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has done a lot of work when it comes to Accessibility. It’s a way where software features can help people with physical issues. Filter Keys is one such feature which tells the keyboard to ignore repeated keystrokes. People with [...] This post How...
  5. SmartScreen filter prevents an app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SmartScreen filter prevents an app: I frequently visit a banking website. Every time SmartScreen prevents being unrecognized app from starting. I start it every time by pressing more info and then Run anyway. Is there any way by which I can add this website as an exception to SmartScreen filter so that it...
  6. Turn On or Off Filter Keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Filter Keys in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Filter Keys in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Filter Keys in Windows 10 Filter Keys is an Accessibility option that you can use to control the keyboard repeat rate and ignore repeated keys. When Filter Keys is turned on, you can also turn on...
  7. Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 16215, Windows 10 now includes color filters at the system level, including filters designed to make it easier...
  8. Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Windows Store Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Windows Store Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Windows Store Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender SmartScreen for Store Apps in Windows 10 Windows Defender SmartScreen Filter helps protect your device by checking web content that Windows Store apps use....
  9. Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows...
  10. Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...