Windows 10: Turn off TAB's Caps lock function in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn off TAB's Caps lock function in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am looking for a way to remove the caps fuction, I find it really annoing and useless. Can anybody suggest me a software that inhibitaes TAB, not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MatteCenza, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Turn off TAB's Caps lock function in Windows 10

I am looking for a way to remove the caps fuction, I find it really annoing and useless. Can anybody suggest me a software that inhibitaes TAB, not the reconition of the button though (I still want to be able to use it in videogames), or a better subreddit to post in?

submitted by /u/MatteCenza
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MatteCenza, Feb 28, 2021

2. Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Feb 28, 2021
  3. pressing shift turns on caps lock

typing in all lowercase because this is incredibly frustrating. whenever i press shift, the caps lock is turned on. i have windows 10, and this started happening after installing the most recent update this morning - today is 12/6/2015. yes, sticky
    keys and filter keys are disabled. when shift is pressed, the light actually comes on for the caps lock button, so i think somehow the shift function was replaced by the caps lock function. i have tried using the regedit fix to disable the caps lock button.
    this caused the caps lock button to no longer work, which was expected, although the shift key still turns caps lock on.

tatonkaman, Feb 28, 2021
  4. paolo.r Win User

Turn off TAB's Caps lock function in Windows 10

Keyboard keys (caps lock, tab, and other keys not functioning

Some of my keyboard keys {e.g. caps lock, tab,
    to name a few} isn't functioning. I did a computer scan for unwanted foreign element that might have caused the issue and turn out negative. Any recommendation is of big help. Thank you.

paolo.r, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Turn off TAB's Caps lock function in Windows 10

1. Turn off TAB's Caps lock function in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn off TAB's

2. Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications: Windows 10 just updated and now, every time I press Caps Lock, I get an annoying pop-up:How do I turn this off for real? Nothing I've found so far works....
  3. Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications: Windows 10 just updated and now, every time I press Caps Lock, I get an annoying pop-up:How do I turn this off for real? Nothing I've found so far works....
  4. Turn off Caps Lock On/Off Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Caps Lock Turns Off Laptop

Caps Lock Turns Off Laptop: Can someone tell me what to do I saw an old thread about this problem and I want some answers I can't find anything in the internet saying how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-turns-off-laptop/754560a0-b0e1-453b-b263-a1e14a50eba1
  6. Turn off caps lock indicator Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off caps lock indicator Windows 10: I have Googled several different ways to turn off this Caps Lock indicator and have gotten stumped at each solution.Under Advanced Display Settings, there is no Screen Configurations tab:There is no Mobility Center when I type that into Windows search.Dell Peripheral Manager...
  7. Turn off caps lock indicator Windows 10

Turn off caps lock indicator Windows 10: I have Googled several different ways to turn off this Caps Lock indicator and have gotten stumped at each solution.Under Advanced Display Settings, there is no Screen Configurations tab:There is no Mobility Center when I type that into Windows search.Dell Peripheral Manager...
  8. Caps lock display turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock display turn off: Caps lock display is a nuisance. It is incredible that such a terrible feature was enabled and made difficult to turn off.Nothing that works has been found on the internet....
  9. Caps lock display turn off

Caps lock display turn off: Caps lock display is a nuisance. It is incredible that such a terrible feature was enabled and made difficult to turn off.Nothing that works has been found on the internet....
  10. Caps Lock Notification Turn off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps Lock Notification Turn off?: Recently, both my HP Spectre and custom built PC have started receiving caps lock notifications, num lock notifications, and scroll lock notifications. I type using Caps Lock since it's much easier than shift but this new "feature" makes typing essays incredibly annoying...