Windows 10: Turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support Turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry, newbie question....I just migrated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and I don't like the behavior of Windows 10 where when you hover over a taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeEcho, Dec 5, 2019.

1. MikeEcho Win User

Turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10 Pro?

Sorry, newbie question....I just migrated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and I don't like the behavior of Windows 10 where when you hover over a taskbar app at the bottom of the screen, it gives you a thumbnail preview of any open windows in the apps.

I prefer the previous behavior of Windows 7, where you got a *text list* of the open windows for each app, but not a thumbnail for each app.

I found a supposed fix online at: Turn Off Taskbar Thumbnail Previews in Windows 7/8/10 .

The fix was called "Turn Off Taskbar Thumbnail Previews in Windows 7/8/10"

I followed the instructions to disable taskbar previews in group policy, and I found the correct setting to toggle, but even after rebooting the machine, it didn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

Using Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks.

:)

MikeEcho, Dec 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview (Taskbar Hover preview)

daiyueweng, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview?

Hey there,

I was just searching the internet for ways to disable the Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10, and I found one that half-worked (only some apps use list view instead of thumbnails). I was wondering if there was a way to completely disable the preview?
    I am alright editing the registry.

Thanks,

Pointy

PointlessnessSteam, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Bilo Win User

Getting rid of taskbar thumbnail previews in windows 10

I want to remove the preview also then I used Taskbar Thumbnails Tuner to achieved it. Although it said it is working on Windows 7 and 8 only, I have tested it is also working on Windows 10. The step is simple:

1. Click "Disable Thumbnails"
    2. Click "Apply"

No need to restart or logout to take effect

Bilo, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - Turn off taskbar

2. Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10: Hello.Im looking for some help here, because hours of googling have not revealed the answer.Nothing I have done has disable the absolutely useless and garbage interfering "feature" taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10. Before someone jumps in to extol the virtues of how...
  3. Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10: Hello.Im looking for some help here, because hours of googling have not revealed the answer.Nothing I have done has disable the absolutely useless and garbage interfering "feature" taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10. Before someone jumps in to extol the virtues of how...
  4. Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10

Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10: refer to:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-off-taskbar-thumbnail-previews-in/1526f2f8-e29b-4a1c-8293-7b2d9e542abcnone of the replies works on Windows 10 20H2 now.Is there a way working for Windows 10 20H2 ?...
  6. Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10

Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10: I'm trying to turn off taskbar thumbnail previews.There are dozens of forums and questions trying to do so, even about a dozen on this site alone, but none of them work anymore. I'll just aggregate all of the options I've found and attempted:- gpedit.msc -> User Configuration...
  7. turn off taskbar thumbnail previews

turn off taskbar thumbnail previews: [ATTACH] I would like to see the list not the thumbnail previews when I hover a mouse pointer over the taskbar icons. To turn off taskbar thumbnail in Windows 10 pro version 20H2 build 19042.844, I have read the post Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows...
  8. Taskbar Thumbnail Previews

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Thumbnail Previews: For some unknown reason my taskbar thumbnail previews have suddenly disappeared. Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get them back. Something simple caused it - something simple will cure it 172523
  9. Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit: I've unchecked Enable Peek under Performance Options Visual Effects. But I still see thumbnails of my applications when I hover over them on the taskbar. I have: 1. Press WINDOWS + R 2. Type "gpedit.msc" without quotes and press ENTER 3. Click "Administrative...
  10. Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10

Can't turn off taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 10: I've unchecked Enable Peek under Performance Options Visual Effects. But I still see thumbnails of my applications when I hover over them on the taskbar. How do I turn this off?...