Windows 10: TURN OFF THE ADAPTIVE DISPLAY SETTINGS.

Discus and support TURN OFF THE ADAPTIVE DISPLAY SETTINGS. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Many of us are experiencing the screen dimming due to the adaptive display setting in windows 10. Rather than following complicate procedures aimed at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mercurio gioffregioffre, Oct 2, 2019.

1. TURN OFF THE ADAPTIVE DISPLAY SETTINGS.

Many of us are experiencing the screen dimming due to the adaptive display setting in windows 10.

Rather than following complicate procedures aimed at disabling this option, I found that simply going into DEVICE MANAGER-->SENSORS-->AMBIENT LIGHT SENSOR-->ENTER-->DRIVER-->DISABLE it will stop the functioning of the sensor itself, ending this way the screen dimming in both BATTERY AND PLUGGED situation.

You will be able to MANUALLY dim or brighten the screen as you like.

:)

mercurio gioffregioffre, Oct 2, 2019

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 2, 2019
  4. TURN OFF THE ADAPTIVE DISPLAY SETTINGS.

Microsoft Display Adapter not getting connected to PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can find the adapter in Device Manager.

1. Right click on the Start Menu and then click on Device Manager.

2. From the list of Hardware, find the Microsoft Display Adapter and check if you can find the device in question.

I would also suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the first link and check if it helps.

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

TURN OFF THE ADAPTIVE DISPLAY SETTINGS.

1. TURN OFF THE ADAPTIVE DISPLAY SETTINGS. - Similar Threads - TURN OFF ADAPTIVE

2. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  3. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  4. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on

in Windows 10 Support
    Power setting turns display off as set but then it turns right back on: Windows 10 version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1110) I have a Dell Inspiron 7700 All-in-One computer. I have the power setting set to turn off display in 10 minutes and the put the computer to sleep set to never. After 10 minutes of no activity the screen turns off but then turns...
  6. Windows Display Adapter Turning Off / Not Enough Power

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Display Adapter Turning Off / Not Enough Power: I bought a Windows Display Adapter V2 back in February 2020. It has been working great every day in my classroom since I purchased it. Today, as I turned on my projector as I always do, the WDA was not connecting to my computer. The Windows logo would come on and about 10...
  7. Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.: 2 months ago i bought a new PC with windows 10. Everything runs perfectly, except this annoying thing: I have display turn-off set to 15 minutes. So after 15 minutes of inactivity the display turns off, but then turns on immediately again. After an additional 15 minutes the...
  8. Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.

in Windows 10 Support
    Display set to turn off but turns on again immediately.: 2 months ago i bought a new PC with windows 10. Everything runs perfectly, except this annoying thing: I have display turn-off set to 15 minutes. So after 15 minutes of inactivity the display turns off, but then turns on immediately again. After an additional 15 minutes the...
  9. turn off display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off display: Hi, I have a screen and a tv plugged in my GC. When the TV is off, I would like the corresponding display to be turned off si my mouse don't get lost on a second screen that is not turned on. Normally I would go in the display setting page and turn it off from the...
  10. Display turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display turns off: My display always turns off after 5 minutes of whatever game I played. My screen shows that it is sleeping, but I can't turn it on, forcing me to restart. I have set my monitor and computer to sleep after 2 hours. Is my computer over-heating, or can I fix this in my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off adaptive display