Windows 10: Turn off the display on power options causes a Abnormal Shutdown

Discus and support Turn off the display on power options causes a Abnormal Shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello!Guys, I have an annoying problem.First of all sorry for my english, I am Brazilian. My problem is:Whenever I leave my computer idle it closes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sophiaSchuster, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Turn off the display on power options causes a Abnormal Shutdown

Hello!Guys, I have an annoying problem.First of all sorry for my english, I am Brazilian. My problem is:Whenever I leave my computer idle it closes everything and restarts from scratch.I notice that this problem only happens when this option is active: Power Options >> Edit Plan Settings >> Turn Off the displayI already tried to restore default settings for the energy plan. I don't have any different settings in my graphics card. I tried to do the /sleepstudy diagnostic and I am always having an abnormal shutting down after the screen off

:)

sophiaSchuster, Nov 3, 2021
Thema:

Turn off the display on power options causes a Abnormal Shutdown

1. Turn off the display on power options causes a Abnormal Shutdown - Similar Threads - Turn off display

2. 'turn off the display' option is missing from power buttion config

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'turn off the display' option is missing from power buttion config: Hi,I could not find the 'turn off the display' option for what the sleep and power button do. I saw a solution for the same issue for Windows 10 but that register Key does not exist in Windows 11 so I don't know how to fix it. Could anyone help?...
  3. 'turn off the display' option is missing from power buttion config

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'turn off the display' option is missing from power buttion config: Hi,I could not find the 'turn off the display' option for what the sleep and power button do. I saw a solution for the same issue for Windows 10 but that register Key does not exist in Windows 11 so I don't know how to fix it. Could anyone help?...
  4. Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.: Hey, I just own a new PC, and i cannot found the button of "Turn off Display"... I've read from here that I can go to here: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power" and edit the "CsEnabled" registry, but there is no "CsEnabled" registry there. What...
  5. Turn off all power on shutdown but keep hibernation option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn off all power on shutdown but keep hibernation option: I am getting really frustrated by this, enough to post a question here: Since I updated my system to Windows 10, my USB ports and other auxiliaries stay powered after I shut down the computer. This leads to my audio interface rapidly blinking its blue LED because some...
  6. No "Turn off display" option for what the power buttons and lid do.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No "Turn off display" option for what the power buttons and lid do.: I want to customise my power button of my laptop Dell XPS on Windows 10 Home to make the display turn off. No sleep or hibernate. Up until now the solution was given here by MariusTC:...
  7. turn off display option missing in system power settings

in Windows 10 Support
    turn off display option missing in system power settings: I just got my first laptop 2 days ago from HP. Already in hindsight, I kind of wish I hadn't because of the lame support options, but the laptop itself is just fine with excellent display & performance. The keyboard is nice but the backlighting at my preferred sitting angle...
  8. Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes": I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Whenever I set the option "Turn off the display" to "Never", it reverts back to the default "15 minutes". This is under the "High Performance" profile. I have never, since Windows 3.11, ever had a setting change itself back. I have...
  9. Power Options - Turn off the display doesn't always work

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Options - Turn off the display doesn't always work: I have two 24-inch displays. Its really nice to have them turn off (low power mode) when I have not been active on the computer. Sometimes they don't turn off after the time setting, 3 min, 5 min, whatever. It appears that some system program that is running is causing the...
  10. Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' in Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' in Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' in Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove 'Turn off Display after' from Power Options in Windows The Power Options let's users specify how long the PC is inactive before all connected displays are turned off...