Windows 10: Turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard.

Discus and support Turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard. ***Edited Original Title from: HOW DO I TURN OFF THE TOUCH SCREN & TURN ON KEYBOARD***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GloriaPitts, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard.

How do I turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard.

***Edited Original Title from: HOW DO I TURN OFF THE TOUCH SCREN & TURN ON KEYBOARD***

:)

GloriaPitts, Oct 14, 2018

2. Unable to turn off On screen keyboard on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know the current build installed on the computer and the troubleshooting step that you had already performed.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try to turn off the OSK by following the below steps:

• Select “Start” and select “Settings“.
    • Choose “Ease of Access“.
    • Select “Keyboard“.
    • Set “On-Screen Keyboard” to “On” or “Off” as desired.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Gil deG Win User
    Tenting turns keyboard off

Kindly follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows + I key from keyboard.
    • Select System and click on tablet Mode.
    • Turn off tablet mode.
    • Under when I sign in Choose Keep the mode I was previously in.
    • Restart and check if the settings are retained.
    Keep us posted.

Gil deG, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard.

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard.

1. Turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard. - Similar Threads - Turn off touchscreen

2. My pen randomly turns off with the touchscreen turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pen randomly turns off with the touchscreen turning off: I have a Microsoft Surface laptop 5 i7, 16gb ram, 512gb storage and a surface pen with no clip. Whenever I use the pen on one note or any application that allows me to draw the pen would just randomly stop working with the touchscreen turning off as well. This only happens...
  3. My pen randomly turns off with the touchscreen turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pen randomly turns off with the touchscreen turning off: I have a Microsoft Surface laptop 5 i7, 16gb ram, 512gb storage and a surface pen with no clip. Whenever I use the pen on one note or any application that allows me to draw the pen would just randomly stop working with the touchscreen turning off as well. This only happens...
  4. PC screen turns off, power to mouse, microphone, keyboard all turns off LEDs turn off, then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen turns off, power to mouse, microphone, keyboard all turns off LEDs turn off, then...: So, I've had this problem for a while now and it's just now pissing me off, I checked my graphics, card, my CPU, my motherboard temps and none of them are high when I play my game. I play the new MW2 2022 game and it runs just fine no issues, but when I open up CITIES:...
  5. Windows 10 - turning on touchscreen after turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - turning on touchscreen after turn off: Hello,I'm working as a QA engineer and i have some kind of problem with touchscreen and display.For testing purposes i need to solve problem with one of our testing machine, where is only touchscreen no keyboard or mouse plugged in.Power plan is set in a specific way and it...
  6. turn off keyboard backlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off keyboard backlight: I can't turn off the keyboard backlight https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-keyboard-backlight/c219bc9a-950d-4140-8e08-20ab877cc4f6
  7. Keyboard turns off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard turns off: I have a problem. I have a USB Keyboard. I was playing and then my keyboard and mouse turned off. I restarted my pc and now only my mouse is working. After restarting my keyboard leds go on and turn off 2 seconds later. I switched usb ports and restarted my pc 100 times ,...
  8. Mouse and Keyboard turning off

Mouse and Keyboard turning off: Hello, So for last few days I've had this problem with my keyboard which was turning off randomly and only way to fix it was reBoot. I've tried pretty much everything that I read on internet: Device Managerdrivers update/uninstall, disable power saving on each of them etc...
  9. Turn off Touchscreen's pinch/zoom function

Turn off Touchscreen's pinch/zoom function: I have a Dell 3030 and 3050 All in one that is running Windows 10. They have the 1809 Fall update installed and we are using an application as a kiosk. These machines have a touchscreen and NOT a touch pad. Is there a way to turn off the pinch/zoom gesture for the...
  10. Keyboard backlighting is turned off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard backlighting is turned off: I have recently updated my Dell XPS 13 series laptop to Windows 10 but after that keyboard backlighting stopped working. Help me please how can I turn it on again?...