Windows 10: Turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard.

Discus and support Turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard. ***Edited Original Title from: HOW DO I TURN OFF THE TOUCH SCREN & TURN ON KEYBOARD***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GloriaPitts, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard.

How do I turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard.

***Edited Original Title from: HOW DO I TURN OFF THE TOUCH SCREN & TURN ON KEYBOARD***

:)

GloriaPitts, Oct 14, 2018

2. Unable to turn off On screen keyboard on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know the current build installed on the computer and the troubleshooting step that you had already performed.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try to turn off the OSK by following the below steps:

• Select “Start” and select “Settings“.
    • Choose “Ease of Access“.
    • Select “Keyboard“.
    • Set “On-Screen Keyboard” to “On” or “Off” as desired.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Gil deG Win User
    Tenting turns keyboard off

Kindly follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows + I key from keyboard.
    • Select System and click on tablet Mode.
    • Turn off tablet mode.
    • Under when I sign in Choose Keep the mode I was previously in.
    • Restart and check if the settings are retained.
    Keep us posted.

Gil deG, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard.

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard.

1. Turn off the touchscreen and turn on the keyboard. - Similar Threads - Turn off touchscreen

2. Turn screen keyboard sound off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn screen keyboard sound off: Steps to turn off/on key sounds for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: Step 1: Enter Settings. Step 2: Choose Devices to move on. Step 3: Open Typing, and then switch off or on Play key sounds as I type under Touch keyboard. Related Articles: Turn off Click Sound for On-Screen...
  3. Mouse and Keyboard turn off randomly

Mouse and Keyboard turn off randomly: My keyboard and mouse shut down randomly during use. Doesn't matter how long I've been on computer; keyboard/mouse have turned off shortly after powering on as well. I had this same issue before and went into Device Manager and unchecked "allow computer to turn off device"...
  4. Turn off Touchscreen's pinch/zoom function

Turn off Touchscreen's pinch/zoom function: I have a Dell 3030 and 3050 All in one that is running Windows 10. They have the 1809 Fall update installed and we are using an application as a kiosk. These machines have a touchscreen and NOT a touch pad. Is there a way to turn off the pinch/zoom gesture for the...
  5. turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off: how do I go back to my regular picture and turn off paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off/ae72a602-5fc5-48ce-8150-ba8c396566dc
  6. Turn off numlock for laptop keyboard ONLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off numlock for laptop keyboard ONLY: Recently, I bought a numpad keyboard extension for my laptop for ease of data entry. However, I forgot that activating the numlock means the laptop numpad is activated as well. Is there any way to turn on the numlock only for the extension or disable the numlock function...
  7. Keyboard backlighting is turned off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard backlighting is turned off: I have recently updated my Dell XPS 13 series laptop to Windows 10 but after that keyboard backlighting stopped working. Help me please how can I turn it on again?...
  8. How can I turn off a Touchscreen in Windows 10?

How can I turn off a Touchscreen in Windows 10?: Here's something that actually came up... I have an HP AIO on loan with a Touchscreen, running W10 Home. Is there a way to turn the Touchscreen off via software? IMO, a Touchscreen on a desktop is insanity. As usual, TIA! *Smile 109350
  9. Turn On or Off On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10 There are several different kinds of keyboards for PCs. The most common type is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. While Windows 10 has...
  10. Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working: Neither Caps Lock + Esc nor Win key + Enter are working. Forced to go to Task Manager to turn off and Control Panel to Ease of Access to turn on. 71089