Windows 10: Turn off Touchscreen's pinch/zoom function

Discus and support Turn off Touchscreen's pinch/zoom function in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell 3030 and 3050 All in one that is running Windows 10. They have the 1809 Fall update installed and we are using an application as a kiosk.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StevenVandeGeer, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Turn off Touchscreen's pinch/zoom function

I have a Dell 3030 and 3050 All in one that is running Windows 10. They have the 1809 Fall update installed and we are using an application as a kiosk. These machines have a touchscreen and NOT a touch pad.

Is there a way to turn off the pinch/zoom gesture for the touchscreen? There was a way in Windows 8, but it was removed after 8.1 and since.

:)

StevenVandeGeer, Apr 29, 2019
  2. RUU
    Ruu Win User

Pinch zoom on touchscreens

I want to know why it is not possible to disable pinch zoom? Not for OS in general and not also for web browsers. A lot of people is asking because it is annoying problem for touchscreen kiosk projects.

I have read that it is related not of touch screen itself, but mouse drivers(?). Unfortunately synaptic drivers is not solution for desktop PC's with touch screen. With respect to browsers, there is no plugins, no working extensions that prevent zoom, and it is not doable even with HTML. Just want to know Why?

3. How to turn off the pinch zoom?

I have an Evoo Touchscreen Laptop model EV-2in1-116-1 with windows version 10.0.17134 and I can't even enjoy it because the mouse pinch zoom function zooms in and out as I scroll and click. I can't even write in MS word without this happening. I have looked
    all over and for some reason, none of the instructions I have found can apply to me. There is no Mouse & Touchpad settings. There is only the Mouse settings and it does not have any options for turning off the pinch zoom. Even the mouse properties don't mention
    it. Please tell me if there is any other way turn off the pinch zoom.

LadayshaMcClendon, Apr 29, 2019
  4. EmoneyCC Win User

Turn off Touchscreen's pinch/zoom function

Disabling Pinch Zoom in IE11 on a Touchscreen

Current OS: Windows 10 IOTx64bit - LTSB2016

Hi,

I'm still having trouble disabling the Pinch to Zoom in Internet Explorer 11
    We are not using Synpatics so the option to change the "Device Settings" in control panel is not there.
    I've tried changing the registry to disable the zoom or other features like swipe. Issues still remains.
    (HKLM\Software\Microsoft Internet Explorer\Zoom -> Add DWORD "ZoomDisabled" and set value to 1)

Any other ideas on how to disable the pinch to zoom in Internet Explorer 11?

Note: I'm using a Touchscreen System (Point of Sale) and not a trackpad.

EmoneyCC, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Turn off Touchscreen's pinch/zoom function

1. Turn off Touchscreen's pinch/zoom function - Similar Threads - Turn off Touchscreen's

2. How to disable touchscreen pinch-to-zoom on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable touchscreen pinch-to-zoom on Windows 11?: My version of windows:Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎11/‎7/‎2022OS build 22621.819Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0I use Superdisplay as a touch screen for various applications such as Photoshop. This shows up in windows as a second...
  3. How to disable touchscreen pinch-to-zoom on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable touchscreen pinch-to-zoom on Windows 11?: My version of windows:Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎11/‎7/‎2022OS build 22621.819Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0I use Superdisplay as a touch screen for various applications such as Photoshop. This shows up in windows as a second...
  4. Pinch zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinch zoom: I've tried many different instructions for disabling the pinch to zoom feature of the touchpad but none of them seem to work for me. Is there anything else I can try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinch-zoom/482982b1-9185-47b8-8c04-8330ecc8d5a6
  5. turn off pinch zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off pinch zoom: I have a Lenovo S1445 with windows 10S I want to turn off the pinch zoom on the touchpad but it doesn't give me any options for the pinch zoom under the touchpad settings....
  6. TOUCHPAD AND TOUCHSCREEN PINCH ZOOM NOT WORKING IN DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    TOUCHPAD AND TOUCHSCREEN PINCH ZOOM NOT WORKING IN DESKTOP: Yesterday I was able to to zoom in my desktop icons with touchscreen as well as with my touchpad in xps 13 9370.But its not working now,any solutions?...
  7. How to turn off pinch zoom?

How to turn off pinch zoom?: No matter how hard I try to only use my two fingers to scroll up and down, it always manages to zoom in on its own, especially on websites. Its very annoying, and I can't find any settings to turn this particular touch/mouse setting off. Help!...
  8. How to turn off the pinch zoom?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off the pinch zoom?: I have an Evoo Touchscreen Laptop model EV-2in1-116-1 with windows version 10.0.17134 and I can't even enjoy it because the mouse pinch zoom function zooms in and out as I scroll and click. I can't even write in MS word without this happening. I have looked all over and for...
  9. Disabling Pinch Zoom in IE11 on a Touchscreen

in Browsers and Email
    Disabling Pinch Zoom in IE11 on a Touchscreen: Current OS: Windows 10 IOTx64bit - LTSB2016 Hi, I'm still having trouble disabling the Pinch to Zoom in Internet Explorer 11 We are not using Synpatics so the option to change the "Device Settings" in control panel is not there. I've tried changing the registry to...
  10. Pinch zoom on touchscreens

Pinch zoom on touchscreens: I want to know why it is not possible to disable pinch zoom? Not for OS in general and not also for web browsers. A lot of people is asking because it is annoying problem for touchscreen kiosk projects. I have read that it is related not of touch screen itself, but mouse...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pinch zoom wont turn off even though it is disabled