Windows 10: Turn off track pad when mouse is present

Discus and support Turn off track pad when mouse is present in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; just running the by everyone. I'm configuring a dell inspiration 13 7368, I have been unable to turn off the trackpad. No options seem to be available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Clintlgm, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Clintlgm Win User

Turn off track pad when mouse is present

just running the by everyone. I'm configuring a dell inspiration 13 7368, I have been unable to turn off the trackpad. No options seem to be available in either control panel or setting/trackpad or settings/mouse. and no trackpad software. although the trackpad works great. I just need to turn it off to be able to type.
    I've updated to 1809 xxxxxx.195. Has anyone else noticed the loss of this setting? or know where the setting moved too.
    Not getting much help on the Dell forum. Using a Logitech MX 2 wireless

:)

Clintlgm, Jan 2, 2019

2. Mouse pad turn off windows 10 on a HP laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply: What happens when you try disabling the mouse pad? Do you receive any error message?

You can also disable your mouse pad by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the Mouse driver and click on Disable.
    • A prompt will appear, click yes.
    I would also suggest you update the driver from the device manager.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Track pad failure

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Welcome to Windows 10 family.

I would suggest you to install all your Windows Updates as this seems to be a driver issue. If the issue still persists, try updating your track pad drivers from Device Manager and check. Please follow the steps below and check:

• Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, click on
      Control Panel; select System and Maintenance.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, locate track pad drivers and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
    • Go to Driver tab, then click on Update Driver. And follow the instructions.

Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Turn off track pad when mouse is present

nextBook track pad not working

24 weeks ago the track-pad on my nextbook broke. Since then I have updated to windows 10 and recently reinstalled windows 10 in the hopes that it was a driver problem. The f6 button dosen't work at the track pad is completely un-responsive. A external
    mouse works, but I would really like the track-pad to work again. The nextbook is about 1 1/2 years old. Untill 24 weeks ago, the track-pad worked fine.

ZachSchurr, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Turn off track pad when mouse is present

1. Turn off track pad when mouse is present - Similar Threads - Turn off track

2. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad not turning off: Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all....
  3. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch pad not turning off: Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all....
  4. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to turn on/off the Touch Pad when an optical mouse is attached

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn on/off the Touch Pad when an optical mouse is attached: I need help in being able to turn off my touch pad when I have an optical mouse attached. When you go the Touch Pad setting there isn't any box to turn it off when an optical or wired mouse is attached. At one time there was a box that you would check, now nothing. This was...
  6. Mouse and track pad stopped working

Mouse and track pad stopped working: I was coding using python on my laptop and my usb mouse shut off. I tried plugging it into other usb ports and it wouldn’t work. My trackpad is also not working at all and won’t respond to me sliding or pressing it. How can I fix this?...
  7. Track pad unresponsive

Track pad unresponsive: So my track pad recently stopped working. I uninstalled the driver and then the track pad worked for a minute on the sign in screen and then after I put in my password the track pad stopped responding again. I uninstalled the driver again and the same thing happened. Any...
  8. Mouse pad not able to be turned off

Mouse pad not able to be turned off: Hi, I have a laptop which I use to play games on so I use a mouse. I usually turn off the mousepad so my wrist doesn't touch it. I used to be able to press windows+R and type main.cpl to go to the mouse settings tab and from there I would hit turn off the mouse pad when a USB...
  9. Track pad not responding

Track pad not responding: Hi. I am using windows precision drivers (HID compliant) and on Windows 10 Pro (1809). My track pad was operating perfectly until I plugged in my printer via usb. It then became very slow and eventually stopped responding. I removed the printer's usb cable and the track pad...
  10. Mouse pad doesn't seem to work after turning off a mouse

Mouse pad doesn't seem to work after turning off a mouse: So my mouse pad seems to have stopped working for some reason and I have no clue why is that. Every time I try to move the cursor, it won't move unless I connect my mouse to make it move....