Windows 10: Turn off traffic delay in Maps

Discus and support Turn off traffic delay in Maps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to turn off the traffic delay for travel time in Maps? Since I plan my route the day before, current traffic delays aren't really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LighthopeEF, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Turn off traffic delay in Maps

Is there a way to turn off the traffic delay for travel time in Maps? Since I plan my route the day before, current traffic delays aren't really relevant, but I don't see a way to turn it off.

:)

LighthopeEF, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Warlokk Win User

How to totally turn off data traffic when using maps and navigation?

Nokia N8-00:

I only use the integrated gps and have turned off the assisted gps, net based gps and Wi-Fi/Network but when accessing maps it still generates data traffic.

Normally this is´nt a problem but when traveling abroad data traffic costs a small fortune.

In my old N95 when I downloaded offline maps and turned everything but integrated gps off there was no data traffic at all but even after the latest maps updates (i.e. yesterday) it appears that the maps still needs downloading when accessed...

Any suggestions how to completely avoid data traffic when using maps?

Warlokk, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Viewing traffic on Windows 10 Mobile Maps app

Still trying to see how to view traffic in Windows Maps. I can see traffic when not using step-by-step directions but an unable to see traffic when it would be most useful - when I am using Maps to guide me.

AndreKiebuzinski, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Happytoon Win User

Turn off traffic delay in Maps

Windows Maps traffic layer in navigation

Same here, but there is a workaround.

For some reason, I am not getting the latest map update ( I am stuck on v5.1603.1471.0 in the UK).

I use Maps as my daily commute map, as I was used to do with Here maps on Windows Phone 8.1...

As soon as you start navigation, the Traffic layer is turned off.

A way around this requires quick fingers... The key here is to display the Map Layer windows at the right time.

Indeed, once the 3D navigation has started, you can no longer access the Map Layer windows to turn the traffic layer back on.

"Easiest" way:

- Pin to Start the Direction to your favourite (home and work of me).

- When you tap on the tile on the start screen, it will start the Map app, calculate the route and launch the navigation to the destination

- AS SOON AS the map app is started, tap on the Map layer button on the right of the screen to display the layer window... If traffic is on, you will notice that the app switch it off as soon as the route is calculated and the navigation in 3D starts...
    Because the Layer window is still displayed, you can now switch the traffic layer back on...

- Tap anywhere outside the Layer Windows to make it disappear...

"Harder way", needs good timing:

- calculate the direction to a destination... the Map app will show the suggested route and will display a "Go" button to launch the navigation.

- you need to tap "Go" and the Map Layer button
    immediately (in that order) before it disappears and the Map switch to 3D navigation screen (then the Map Layer button is no longer displayed)...

Now you can enjoy navigation with the Traffic layer on...

At this stage, the Map app won't re-route on traffic condition, only displays the traffic (probably the reason why the traffic layer is off in navigation by default !).

Hopefully, automatic traffic condition re-route will be implemented soon!

Have fun!

Tony

Happytoon, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Turn off traffic delay in Maps

1. Turn off traffic delay in Maps - Similar Threads - Turn off traffic

2. Adaptive controller turned off as a controller and map it to keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive controller turned off as a controller and map it to keyboard: The game I want to play does not have an option to turn off the controller. pubg. I want to map the adaptive controller to the keyboard with a 3rd party app. It works but pubg still sees it as a controller so some of the actions go between the keyboard mapping and the...
  3. How do I turn off, not slow, the repeat delay?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off, not slow, the repeat delay?: The repeat delay is the pause before pressing a key for a long time engages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-not-slow-the-repeat-delay/24c63054-5825-48f7-865b-05a3d0b4e75a
  4. Turning off mouse delay after typing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off mouse delay after typing: I feel like I've looked everywhere for a solution and nothing has worked. I'm completely stumped and any suggestions are welcomed. submitted by /u/igNeedsABetterName [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/el2nn3/turning_off_mouse_delay_after_typing/
  5. Bing Maps Routing made easier with traffic camera images and more

in Windows 10 News
    Bing Maps Routing made easier with traffic camera images and more: After launching traffic camera imagery on Bing Maps in April, we have seen a lot of interest in this new feature. You can view traffic conditions directly on a map and see the road ahead for your planned routes. This extra visibility helps you make informed decisions about...
  6. Now See the Road Ahead with Traffic Camera Images on Bing Maps

in Windows 10 News
    Now See the Road Ahead with Traffic Camera Images on Bing Maps: The Bing Maps Routing and Traffic Team is constantly working to make navigation and route planning easier! Hot on the heels of our previous announcement about traffic coloring, the Bing Maps team is proud to announce that we have made it possible for users to access traffic...
  7. New route traffic coloring feature for Bing Maps

in Windows 10 News
    New route traffic coloring feature for Bing Maps: There is an old saying that you don’t know where you are going until you get there. With Bing Maps new route coloring feature, you will know right away where the delays will be along your selected route so you can change your route, your plans or your destination based on the...
  8. Traffic CHokes/Turning off BITS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Traffic CHokes/Turning off BITS: Hi all, tried a quick search but got swamped by non-relevants so i thought i'd post. i keep getting total chokes on my internet, usually just after start up, and randomly. Cortana is turned off properly, i believe, and a quick google suggested BITS was the culprit and...
  9. HDD startup delay -- How to turn it off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD startup delay -- How to turn it off: Hi there. An old problem seems to have re-occurred with W10 -- I had a post ages ago - can't find it - about this problem --if I haven't used the computer for a while and then I want to browse files on a standard HDD there is a delay while the HDD powers on (or seems to)...
  10. Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Offline Maps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Offline Maps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Offline Maps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Offline Maps in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with the Maps app preinstalled. Maps is your guide to everywhere. Find your way with voice navigation and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is bing maps saying theres a delay in my route