Windows 10: turn off Universal Orchestrator wake-up

Discus and support turn off Universal Orchestrator wake-up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since going to 1903 my computer has been spontaneously waking up from sleep. I've disabled all the devices that can wake up a PC. Checking last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rgp1942, Sep 16, 2019.

1. rgp1942 Win User

turn off Universal Orchestrator wake-up

Since going to 1903 my computer has been spontaneously waking up from sleep. I've disabled all the devices that can wake up a PC. Checking last wake-up indicates it is universal orchistrator doing the dirty work. I want to be able to check for updates when I want to, not when Microsoft wants to. This ability is no longer available in Win10.

Is there a registry way to prevent universal orchistrator from waking up the PC? Better yet, is there a utility/tool that will allow one to turn off wake-up everywhere? Something simpler than all the labor intensive fixes I'm seeing online regarding this issue.

Thanks!

:)

rgp1942, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Noela Tum Win User

Disable Update Orchestrator from waking my computer

Thanks for your reply. To help resolve your concern with the Update Orchestrator, please follow the steps below:

• Go to the Task Scheduler.
    • Double-click Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select and double-click Microsoft.
    • Select and double-click Windows.
    • Choose Update Orchestrator.
    • Right-click on Reboot.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select Conditions.
    • Under Power options, uncheck "Wake the computer to run this task".
    You may also disable all wake timers for your computer under Power options.

We're looking forward to your response.

Noela Tum, Sep 16, 2019
  3. DrBots Win User
    How can I keep Update Orchestrator from waking my computer.

Update Orchestrator is constantly waking up my computer. I disabled the ability for my mouse and keyboard to wake my computer , I also turned off wake timers, and turned off Update Orchestrator in "Services". In the Command Window it says Update Orchestrator
    is the one responsible for my computer waking up.

DrBots, Sep 16, 2019
  4. turn off Universal Orchestrator wake-up

Windows Waking up from Sleep

I have done the CMD thing etc to see what was making my PC turn on and its this,
    Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Universal Orchestrator Start' scheduled task that requested waking the computer,but now when i go into secluded tasks that one is not listed turn off Universal Orchestrator wake-up :(

LunicornFrey, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

turn off Universal Orchestrator wake-up

1. turn off Universal Orchestrator wake-up - Similar Threads - turn off Universal

2. Turn off wake on lan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off wake on lan: Can someone tell me how to turn of WOL becuase everynight my computers turns on at 5:55 AM and its getting annoying submitted by /u/Zylenlox69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kn9rqc/turn_off_wake_on_lan/
  3. Universal Orchestrator Start refuses to stay off - keeps booting up PC in middle of the night

Universal Orchestrator Start refuses to stay off - keeps booting up PC in middle of the night: [ATTACH] Howdy, Tearing my eyes out about this problem. Windows keeps turning on a task that'll boot up my PC. It's doing it every day or two and jacking up my powerbill as well as waking me up in the middle of (my) night. Behold, the software gore that is Universal...
  4. Universal Orchestrator Start wakes laptop, reliably leads to Windows hardware errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Universal Orchestrator Start wakes laptop, reliably leads to Windows hardware errors: After noticing hardware errors and Cortana/search errors appear in the Windows Reliability Monitor almost daily, I've finally tracked down the basic reason for it: almost every night, Universal Orchestrator Start wakes my laptop to search for updates, immediately after which...
  5. Computer waking up due to Update Orchestrator

Computer waking up due to Update Orchestrator: For over a year my PC wakes up on its own if I put it to sleep, I finally got sick of it and looked around to find out why. I ended up finding out how its been waking it self up by checking the "Event Viewer." It told me that the service "Windows Update Orchestrator" powered...
  6. Task "Universal Orchestrator Start" keeps waking up my computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task "Universal Orchestrator Start" keeps waking up my computer: Hello, I just want to prevent Update Orchestrator from waking up my computer. I've already gone into Task Manager with pstools and the following command psexec.exe -i -s% windir% \ system32 \ mmc.exe / s taskschd.msc In the "Universal Orchestrator Start" task, I have...
  7. Update Orchestrator keeps waking pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Orchestrator keeps waking pc: So in the middle of the night my pc decided that it was time to wake up and install some updates. My pc is half a meter from my head and filled with loud fans and RGB, so of course I woke up immediately... How can I stop Windows Updates from waking up my pc? I regularly (but...
  8. Turn off Task Scheduler "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" on Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off Task Scheduler "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" on Task Scheduler: Hi everyone, I have a problem to DISABLE some existing tasks on Tasks Scheduler. And I think, these tasks were added by Microsoft when I upgrade my windows 10 to version 1903. When I try to disable , I go the permission denied. I tried to use my account and my account...
  9. Waking Up Issue and Power LED not turned off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking Up Issue and Power LED not turned off: Hi, Since 15 days i am facing issue in waking up of my laptop after sleep mode.Even after pressing any key computer not waking up.I have switch off laptop and have to switch it on again. Further after shut down my power led also not switching off. I have tried all options...
  10. Turn off/ Wake up problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off/ Wake up problems: Hello, everybody! It's me again.. I have some problems and I would be happy if someone can help me. (Feeling so so so stupid..) Problems: 1.I find fbl_impressive (build 10049) when I am looking for updates but an error is showed - 0x80246017 *Sleepy (I know build 10049 is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. universal orchestrator start wake up

2. universal orchestrator start

3. Universal Orchestrator

4. NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Universal Orchestrator Start,
  5. universal orchestrator start woke,
  6. universal orchestrator start disable,
  7. universal orchestrator windows sleep,
  8. universal orchestrator start waking computer,
  9. universal orchestrator preventing sleep,
  10. updateorchestrator\universal orchestrator start,
  11. universal orchestrator start windows 10 turn off,
  12. windows 10 Universal Orchestrator Start,
  13. what is universal orchestrator start,
  14. universal orchestartor,
  15. windows will execute nt task\microsoft\windows\updateorchestrator\universal orchestrator start