Windows 10: Turn off "unusual sign in" notification emails

Discus and support Turn off "unusual sign in" notification emails in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use two desk tops, a laptop and a tablet to sign into Windows 10. I continually get emails with the above notification. It is ALWAYS me and a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Starrider888, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Turn off "unusual sign in" notification emails

I use two desk tops, a laptop and a tablet to sign into Windows 10. I continually get emails with the above notification. It is ALWAYS me and a legitimate sign in. I have tried signing in with a local account as well as my Microsoft account. I have verified my account MULTITUDES of times on EACH computer. I have changed my password. I have talked to a Microsoft Tech by phone. NOTHING makes any difference. I have stopped opening these emails and have stopped selecting "mark as read". This is RIDICULOUS !!!!! Any solutions ?

:)

Starrider888, Sep 27, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Sep 27, 2018
  3. GSquadron Win User
    Email notifications problem

Hello all!
    After 3 years i opened my very very old email and saw all techpowerup notifications in there.
    After deleting all notifications, i wanted to unsubscribe from receiving email, but the problem was that after unsubscribing, i still received emails! I dont want to unsubscribe from the threads in this forums, i just dont want to receive emails.
    How can i remove email notifications?

I changed this and nothing changed at all

Turn off "unusual sign in" notification emails 23ssl68.png

GSquadron, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Turn off "unusual sign in" notification emails

Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity

Thank you for the reply. I have answered your questions in bold.

But I still fail to see why any of the questions/measures apply to my situation when Microsoft's "Review recent activity" log shows no "unusual sign-in activity" whatsoever. There are approximately 20 sessions showing on my activity log currently, and everyone
    single one of them shows them to be: my computer, my IP address, my location, my operating system, my browser; all at times of the day when I was on my computer...

So unless Microsoft's "Review recent activity" page is inaccurate, where on earth is the "unusual sign-in activity" and why am I getting daily emails alerting me to something, that according to Microsoft's "recent activity" log, does not exist?

Thanks for your continued help/efforts,

SR

03/03/17: Update: and, FTR, I got the email again last night, 8 days in a row now. And once again, there is no "unusual sign-in activity" showing in my "recent activity" whatsoever.

Stever-eno, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Turn off "unusual sign in" notification emails

1. Turn off "unusual sign in" notification emails - Similar Threads - Turn off unusual

2. emails about unusual sign-in activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    emails about unusual sign-in activity: I get emails about unusual sign-in activity. Why does Microsoft account team ask me to click on a link - when that's the first thing I avoid if I get an unexpected message about a problem!...
  3. Unusual Sign In Activity Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual Sign In Activity Email: Occasionally I get these emails sent to my junk mail.Should I be concerned? It also lists an ip address for the supposed user, but I didn't paste that here.See below.Security alert <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>Wed 3/2/2022 2:44 PMTo: YouA user from...
  4. Unusual Sign In Activity Email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual Sign In Activity Email: Occasionally I get these emails sent to my junk mail.Should I be concerned? It also lists an ip address for the supposed user, but I didn't paste that here.See below.Security alert <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>Wed 3/2/2022 2:44 PMTo: YouA user from...
  5. Unusual Sign In Activity Email

6. turn off notification?

turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  7. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  8. How to turn off email notifications on Windows 10

How to turn off email notifications on Windows 10: I have "Set notifications from apps and other senders" under notifications & actions set to off that has stopped all pop-ups from showing up, and all other notification sounds except for the email notification, logged out from the Mail app, have Desktop notifications under...
  9. Phishing Email - Unusual sign in activity

Phishing Email - Unusual sign in activity: Hello, I received an email that was supposedly from Microsoft saying that there was unusual sign in activity from my email account. It said somebody had logged into my account from Spain. The email did not have that green shield icon that tells you it is an official...
  10. Turn off notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off notifications: How do I switch off the notifications in windows 10 on a laptop that pop up in the bottom right corner, it's like Gmail, YouTube alerts etc 112955