Windows 10: Turn off Visible Checkboxes on Windows 10 File Explorer

Discus and support Turn off Visible Checkboxes on Windows 10 File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So for some reason, all of the checkboxes in my file explorer are visible. It wasn't like this a few hours ago, and seems to have happened while I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ConnorBell1, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Turn off Visible Checkboxes on Windows 10 File Explorer

So for some reason, all of the checkboxes in my file explorer are visible. It wasn't like this a few hours ago, and seems to have happened while I wasn't using my computer. Here's what mine looks like:

Turn off Visible Checkboxes on Windows 10 File Explorer 24528147-0712-4f1a-b217-27b2f3e879be?upload=true.jpg

And here's what it used to look like what I want mine to look like [NOT MY IMAGE]

Turn off Visible Checkboxes on Windows 10 File Explorer 342f8fad-a08f-4b4f-9ed8-fc501327f3e4?upload=true.png

Notice how on mine, all 3 checkboxes are visible. But on the other, only the currently checked / highlighted items' checkboxes are visible. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

Device info: Surface_Pro_6_1796_Consumer

Version info: Windows 10 Home 10.0.19041 Build 19041

:)

ConnorBell1, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2020
  3. lorraine walsh, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Turn off Visible Checkboxes on Windows 10 File Explorer

Details Pane in not visible in File explorer window

Hello Arafeh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not getting the details of the file in File Explorer. We will help you.

I suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys, opens the File explorer.
    • Click on the View tab in File ribbon.
    • Click on the Details Pane. Check if the details are appearing in File explorer after selecting any files.

Follow the below image.

Turn off Visible Checkboxes on Windows 10 File Explorer windows-10-activate-details-pane.png

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Turn off Visible Checkboxes on Windows 10 File Explorer

1. Turn off Visible Checkboxes on Windows 10 File Explorer - Similar Threads - Turn off Visible

2. In Turn windows features on/off Hyper V checkbox is not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Turn windows features on/off Hyper V checkbox is not showing.: In Turn windows features on/off Hyper V checkbox is not showing. Im using windows 11 home. how do i turn on hyper v without this check box? I cannot get Bluestacks 5 program to run as it uses hyper v.Ive checked in UEFI bios and all virtualisation is turned on.in windows...
  3. In Turn windows features on/off Hyper V checkbox is not showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Turn windows features on/off Hyper V checkbox is not showing.: In Turn windows features on/off Hyper V checkbox is not showing. Im using windows 11 home. how do i turn on hyper v without this check box? I cannot get Bluestacks 5 program to run as it uses hyper v.Ive checked in UEFI bios and all virtualisation is turned on.in windows...
  4. Explorer Checkboxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Checkboxes: I recently lost the ability to use the checkboxes File Name Extensions, Hidden Items, Item Check Boxes within Explorer Folders / View ribbon. They are currently "stuck" in their current configuration and I am unable to toggle the selection.I was able to use them while booted...
  5. Explorer Checkboxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer Checkboxes: I recently lost the ability to use the checkboxes File Name Extensions, Hidden Items, Item Check Boxes within Explorer Folders / View ribbon. They are currently "stuck" in their current configuration and I am unable to toggle the selection.I was able to use them while booted...
  6. Explorer Checkboxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Is it possible to save the file explorers checkbox selections?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to save the file explorers checkbox selections?: I have a large collection of files: videos, movies, music, apps, backup images, data files, ratings, etc all on NAS.It is convenient to be able to use the file explorer checkbox feature for presenting, moving, copying ie: selecting certain files. The items can be "Saved as...
  8. Is it possible to save the file explorers checkbox selections?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to save the file explorers checkbox selections?: I have a large collection of files: videos, movies, music, apps, backup images, data files, ratings, etc all on NAS.It is convenient to be able to use the file explorer checkbox feature for presenting, moving, copying ie: selecting certain files. The items can be "Saved as...
  9. File Explorer Checkbox in Tablet Mode Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Checkbox in Tablet Mode Windows 11: I just upgraded my laptop OS from Windows 10 to Windows 11. When I flip my laptop to turn it to tablet mode, I notice that there is a checkbox for every file displayed in File Explorer. I can't get rid of it even after disabling it through View > Show > Uncheck Item check...
  10. Turn On or Off Friendly Dates in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Friendly Dates in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Turn On or Off Friendly Dates in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Turn On or Off Friendly Dates in Windows 10 File Explorer Starting with Windows 10 build 18277, Microsoft said and build 18305, "Some Insiders may notice small differences in File Explorer over the...