Windows 10: Turn off volume mixer notification sound

Discus and support Turn off volume mixer notification sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I get a "ding" notification sound in Windows 10 when I turn the main volume in volume mixer up to 100%. I have all system sounds disabled in control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RikkiBates, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Turn off volume mixer notification sound

I get a "ding" notification sound in Windows 10 when I turn the main volume in volume mixer up to 100%. I have all system sounds disabled in control panel/sounds (set to none). This only seems to happen when audio playback programs are running (like iTunes, MusicBee, MPC-HC, Radiodj, and others). I cannot find any notification settings within those programs' settings. I'd really like to shut this off. Sometimes in my work I need to turn the volume all the way up to critically listen to recordings that were made at very low levels. Having a loud notification sound happen when the volume is up all the way is not only super annoying, it's potentially injurious to my ears. Any suggestions? Thanks.

:)

RikkiBates, Nov 5, 2018

2. Issues with the Volume mixer on windows 10.

Hi Margit,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

1. What is the exact issue that you are facing?

2. Did you receive any error message?

3. Does that mean that the Volume mixer icon is not present on the desktop?

4. Are you facing this sound issue on any specific application, since you had mentioned Skype?

If the Volume mixer icon is missing from the desktop, this issue may arise when the notification for the Volume mixer is not turned on in the settings.

Please follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type Notifications in the Searchbar and select Notifications and action center.

• Select the option “Select which icons appear on the taskbar”.

• Make sure the Volume icon has been turned on from the settings.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope that the information helps. Please do let us know whether you are able to retrieve the icon to the Action center. If the issue still persists, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 5, 2018
  3. How can i get the volume mixer sound for a particular game if it's muted from volume mixer

OT- Sound Issues

Since programs are only listed in volume mixer if they are "making sound", and you mute it from volume mixer, how can you get it back as listed on volume mixer because if it's muted from volume mixer then it won't make sound for volume mixer to identify
    therefore you can never get it back, but I need volume for the game I'm playing. Is there a way to get it to reappear even though it's permanently muted? I've been searching for an answer but it's all saying to make the program make noise so it registers,
    but it's muted from volume mixer, so how do I get it to make noise??

SummerMarceaux, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Turn off volume mixer notification sound

Volume Mixer

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern.

1. Are you getting an error message when using volume mixer with mic?

2. Have you made any changes to your computer?

You may also follow the steps below:

• Can you right click on Speaker Icon - Playback Properties -
    • Click in blank area in box -
    • Check show disabled devices & show disconnected devices - look around in there.

We suggest that you disable the Icon try to reboot your PC and then enable the icon. You may also need to reinstall your sounds driver.

Let us know the outcome.

Karina Aris, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Turn off volume mixer notification sound

1. Turn off volume mixer notification sound - Similar Threads - Turn off volume

2. Edge no sound and not showing in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge no sound and not showing in volume mixer: I cant hear any sound from microsoft edge only, it is also not showing in volume mixer. im using win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-no-sound-and-not-showing-in-volume-mixer/294a351a-6fbc-439a-9bd9-003029421bff
  3. Turn off all notification sounds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off all notification sounds.: This should be simple.I want to turn off all notification sounds. I use my computer to teach. I want all sounds other than those that I am producing for my classes to be turned off. Forever. Any time. All day.I don't want to go down a checklist and select which sounds to turn...
  4. Turn off all notification sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off all notification sounds.: This should be simple.I want to turn off all notification sounds. I use my computer to teach. I want all sounds other than those that I am producing for my classes to be turned off. Forever. Any time. All day.I don't want to go down a checklist and select which sounds to turn...
  5. Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage: After reinstalling Windows, the Volume mixer stopped saving a sound percentage for individual applications, I have the latest drivers and latest Windows version....
  6. Sound-volume mixer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound-volume mixer: i use 2 chrome tabs one with work email and other with personal now using volume mixer i could set different volume levels for both tabs but from few days it doesnt show me 2 tabs in the volume mixer . there is only 1 volume level adjustment bar for both the tabs. I want to...
  7. "System Sounds" slider in volume mixer Resets to Max Volume when notification happens.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "System Sounds" slider in volume mixer Resets to Max Volume when notification happens.: I keep my "system sounds" at a low volume but not muted via the "volume mixer" when i get a notification, the "system sounds" slider resets back to 100%. only while the mixer is closed, not when opened and all system sounds become painfully loud, and a pet bird was startled...
  8. Notification sound not appearing in volume mixer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notification sound not appearing in volume mixer.: Hi, appreciate any help. I have set Windows notification sounds to be completely silent, no sounds set for anything. Every 30 minutes I'll get a notification sound from something that is not viewable in the volume mixer. I've recorded my screen to capture the moment it...
  9. Notification Sound Volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notification Sound Volume: I have the Speaker Volume cranked up high to hear conversations clearly, but this makes the Notification Sounds too High. Is there a way in Windows 10 to keep it high for calls and have a lower volume for Notifications?...
  10. How to turn off notification sound ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off notification sound ?: How to turn off notification "audio" sound heard when update pop up window appears lower right screen as defender is updated done a scan it gives this piano type music I would like to disable. Anyone disabled this and how to do it ? Thanks! 79957

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off ding on windows mixer

2. notifications sound for mixer

3. turn off audio mixer

4. turn off windows audio mixer,
  5. how to turn mixer notifications on