Windows 10: Turn off/ Wake up problems

Discus and support Turn off/ Wake up problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, everybody! It's me again.. I have some problems and I would be happy if someone can help me. (Feeling so so so stupid..) Problems: 1.I find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by faithful, Apr 6, 2015.

1. faithful Win User

Turn off/ Wake up problems

Hello, everybody! It's me again.. I have some problems and I would be happy if someone can help me. (Feeling so so so stupid..)
    Problems:
    1.I find fbl_impressive (build 10049) when I am looking for updates but an error is showed - 0x80246017 *Sleepy (I know build 10049 is not ready yet, but now I can not use some of the applications (for example - word preview).. It shows me that it requires the newest version of windows)
    2. I can't turn off my PC .. When I press "turn off" it only turns off the display , but not the PC (The only thing I can do Is to remove the charger AND the battery)
    3. When my PC is sleeping.. I can not wake it up ... *Huh /I have been searching how to fix it and it saw this (see the attachment photo),, is it something connected?/
    PLEASEE HELP...

P.S Maybe I don't have luck.. or after "Windows 10 build 9926" should be written "NO INDIANS"

:)

faithful, Apr 6, 2015

2. Prevent mouse from waking up monitors

Hi,

This does not solve the problem. As I mentioned before, it is a known issue, and is not classified as a problem by Windows.. Most laser mouses wake up the computer and the monitors. But for sleeping mode, there is an option to prevent the mouse from waking
    up the PC, and for turned off monitors there isn't...

Guy Rosenmann, Apr 6, 2015
  3. Sleep Problem after "upgrading " to windows 10

Still stuck with the same problem. Get this, if I leave the computer on and turn the monitor off, it goes to sleep and won't wake up.

RichardArthur III, Apr 6, 2015
  4. Turn off/ Wake up problems

For the shut down and wake up issues, try disabling hibernation

Launch and elevated Command Prompt and enter the following command (there is no output)

powercfg /h off
    and restart your machine.

Slartybart, Apr 7, 2015
  5. faithful Win User
    It has worked. Thank you!

faithful, Apr 7, 2015
  6. You are welcome, I am glad that it solved the issue on your machine.

Note that turning off hibernation removes some protection for a laptop when the battery gets to the critical level. The only thing it can do is sleep or shut down. If there is any work open at the time, you will lose that work, although some applications have auto-save features so you might not lose everything since the previous save.

You can try turning hibernation back on and see if the issue reoccurs

powercfg /h on
    I run my laptop without hibernation, but rarely does my battery get below 50%.

Bill

Slartybart, Apr 8, 2015
  7. Not really that relevant here but whatevah:

My windows 10 also had issues where shutting down/hibernate/sleep would result in a black screen (basicly the pc would be in a bricked state).

My solution was to update the bios since I was running on an outdated ond.

UltimateAntic, May 9, 2015
  8. Turn off/ Wake up problems

How to update the bios.

yadvendra bedi, Aug 30, 2015
  9. lgentry Win User
    I had this problem on 2 computers and this is what worked for me.
    First, go to control panel-device manager. (if you don't know how to get to control panel type "control panel" in the search box) Right click on your mouse and choose "properties". Click on power management tab and uncheck "allow this device to wake computer". While in device manager, right click on your keyboard, power management tab and make sure there IS a check to allow it to wake the computer. (from then on only your keyboard will wake the computer)
    Next go to control panel-power options.
    Set your power options as follows:
    Choose what the power buttons do-"when I press power button"=shut down "when I press sleep button"=do nothing
    Choose when to turn off the display="turn off display"=never "put computer to sleep"=never. Click on "change advanced power settings". Here click on "hard disk" "turn off hard disk"=never. Click on "sleep". Set it to never.
    Now, when you leave your computer MANUALLY put it to sleep using POWER from your start menu. It should resume by clicking a key on keyboard without blue screening.
    If this fixes your problem you can experiment by changing any of the aforementioned power options back one at a time but I have found just manually putting the computer to sleep fixes the problem.
    I have also run into systems that just did not like having a screen saver so I always turn the screen saver off. I do not know why all systems running Windows 10 do not have this problem but I think it's a combination of these power settings bumping heads with what settings are in bios.
    I'm anxious to see if this works for anyone else so please post back if it helps you.

lgentry, Oct 15, 2015
  10. Glamour Win User
    I only joined this forum to say THANK YOU, LGENTRY! *Smile

While I had to navigate through what was for me (I completely own my process) a bit of a convoluted way to find the actual settings to make the adjustments you suggested, once I found them, your solution fixed:

• hang/lag time on resume from sleep; and
    • the loss/malfunction of the TASK BAR on resume from sleep - which was the original issue I searched for days to find solutions to without success!

To contribute to your solution:

Instead of accessing settings via control panel-device manager, I used Windows SEARCH for "power management" and was provided with EDIT POWER PLAN and POWER & SLEEP SETTINGS.

POWER & SLEEP SETTINGS is the easiest way to apply the fixes you provided and by choosing Advanced Power Settings, further fine-tuning is easy to do!

• Another contribution: Keyboard Shortcut WINDOWS-KEY + X quickly yields a menu of system and computer management options.

Thank you so very much, again! Much appreciation!

Glamour, Oct 17, 2015
  11. Insomniac Win User
    Tried all the stuff. Commands, Clean Boot, Disabled Apps.. The fix for mine was unplugging my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick from the USB port. It goes to sleep just fine now. Updating the driver to the latest version did not help. I had to actually unplug it. *chuckle

Insomniac, Oct 26, 2015
  12. Lekden Win User
    None of these work for me...

My machine is set to hibernate when I close the lid, not sleep. After recently updating my Intel chipset, it goes into Sleep mode, not hibernate (my LED stays on), and this is the same when I choose "Sleep" from shutdown menu. Then it won't wake up again, I have to force restart. I have a USB mouse plugged in to the computer, that's it. No other changes.

I tried rolling back the driver, and nothing.
    I ensured that all my input devices are set to wake from Sleep, and they are.
    Intel update software confirmed that they did not update my graphics driver, because that is unique to my laptop brand (Acer) and doesn't use a general driver. According to Acer (and Windows), I have the most updated graphics driver for my device.
    I turned off Hibernate using elevated command prompt, restarted, and both sleep and hibernate act the same way

I havent tried updating my BIOS yet, but exhausted all other options. Thoughts? (There are about a million other threads about this topic here on Win10 Forum so I am hunting through those for other ideas, but they all seem to have the same advice.)

Lekden, Oct 27, 2015
  13. caveman88 Win User

This is a desktop PC and this started happening the other day. Added on 12.30.15 this is always after a manually sleep. When I press the enter key or move the mouse, nothing happens. Both devices are hard wired. If I press the power button, it looks like it is rebooting except it does not show all of the usual pages on the display and then I am back to where I was when I put the PC to sleep. I checked the Mouse and Keyboard Power management pages and both have the entry checked to Allow the device the wake the computer.

I do not have Hibernate as a option on this PC.

I am not sure if this started happening immediately after the latest updates on Dec 9 or a day later.

Add-on: I decided to do a shutdown instead of a restart to reset everything. I went to Power>Shutdown. the PC shutdown, the power light went off and THEN the power light came back on and the PC rebooted. I tried it twice and the same thing happened. I also noticed that my remote Toshiba drive which has never connected on a power up of W10 is now recognized and available without my having to pull/insert the power plug. So that is progress.

Stranger yet, I just did a hard shutdown - pressed the power off button. Power light went out THEN power light came back on and it rebooted. I guess my PC no longer wants to do a shutdown.

Any thoughts?

Z

caveman88, Dec 12, 2015
  14. lgentry Win User
    I have found Windows 10 to be glitchy in the area of power. What I have done is to turn sleep completely off in power options. Make sure it is set to never. Also check advanced power options to make sure it is set to never there as well. Under advanced also make sure hybrid sleep and hibernate is off. When I want my computer to sleep I manually put it to sleep rather than letting it automatically go to sleep through its power settings. That seems to have fixed most of my sleep issues and I can wake it from the keyboard. I also went to device manager and set it so that only my keyboard could wake the computer. If you don't know how to do that in device manager (you can get to device manager by doing a search) click on Mice-right click on your mouse. Click properties. Under power management uncheck "allow this device to wake computer". Then go to properties for your keyboard and make sure the box there IS checked.
    Hope this helps. You are not alone with Windows 10 weird power issues.

lgentry, Dec 12, 2015
  15. pknight Win User
    I am having this problem also, or something a lot like it. I set it up as suggested above, where only the sleep option is to manually put it to sleep. That does not help at all. It still starts to reboot, then shut down, then start to reboot, then shut down, ad infinitum. Hibernation is not involved at all. It looks like my only option is to run full power and shut it down completely if I am going to be away for a while.

pknight, Dec 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Turn off/ Wake up problems - Similar Threads - Turn off Wake

2. Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts: All of a sudden, every time I start up my computer or it wakes up from sleep mode, the sound is turned off. I didn't change any settings. This just started yesterday....
  3. Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound turns off when computer wakes up or starts: All of a sudden, every time I start up my computer or it wakes up from sleep mode, the sound is turned off. I didn't change any settings. This just started yesterday....
  4. Why windows keeps waking up, even when turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why windows keeps waking up, even when turned off: i press windows-sleep. it enters sleep mode, then turns on.i press windows-shut down, it shuts off, then turns on.i flick the switch on psu, it turns off and stays off even if switch is turned back on.ive tried removing all drivers on device manager, didnt work, went thru and...
  5. Turn off wake on lan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off wake on lan: Can someone tell me how to turn of WOL becuase everynight my computers turns on at 5:55 AM and its getting annoying submitted by /u/Zylenlox69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kn9rqc/turn_off_wake_on_lan/
  6. turn off Universal Orchestrator wake-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off Universal Orchestrator wake-up: Since going to 1903 my computer has been spontaneously waking up from sleep. I've disabled all the devices that can wake up a PC. Checking last wake-up indicates it is universal orchistrator doing the dirty work. I want to be able to check for updates when I want to, not...
  7. Waking Up Issue and Power LED not turned off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking Up Issue and Power LED not turned off: Hi, Since 15 days i am facing issue in waking up of my laptop after sleep mode.Even after pressing any key computer not waking up.I have switch off laptop and have to switch it on again. Further after shut down my power led also not switching off. I have tried all options...
  8. Wake up problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake up problems: Hi all my laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode , anyone knows how to fix ? Thx 48515
  9. Monitor constantly "wakes up" when display turns off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor constantly "wakes up" when display turns off: I have an Intel NUC Skull Canyon (great device). However, I have one constant problem that I cannot seem to solve. Whenever the display turns off to power savings mode (Note: I have sleep disabled for the OS, but have monitor set to turn off after 15 minutes), the display...
  10. problem waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    problem waking up: Hi, I just upgraded to windows 10 the other day and since then when I put it in sleep mode it will not wake up, Can anybody help me? Thanks 11207