Windows 10: Turn off weather in new tab page in edge.

Discus and support Turn off weather in new tab page in edge. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there I've noticed of late that when you have a new tab page in edge, it now puts your local weather in the top left. Is there any way to stop this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by zooburner, Nov 18, 2020.

1. zooburner Win User

Turn off weather in new tab page in edge.

Hi there

I've noticed of late that when you have a new tab page in edge, it now puts your local weather in the top left. Is there any way to stop this ?

I've really tried to like Edge, but I'm getting rather tired of Microsoft putting things there for 'my convenience' when all I really want is a blank tab.

:)

zooburner, Nov 18, 2020

2. Edge new tab

Hi Niranjan,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not see a direct answer in your response to Pat's question:

"How can I set new tab in Edge to google.co.uk".

Please rephrase your answer so an old computer dinosaur could understand it.

I believe Pat was asking how to have each “new tab” open to a specific web page; in his case to google.co.uk.

When I open a new tab:

• I DON'T want ‘"suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.’
    • I DON'T want a “Blank page”
    • I Do want the Google search page: google.com
    Admittedly, I’m new to Windows 10 and Windows Edge but it appears to me that Microsoft is making it very difficult (or impossible) to use non-Microsoft search engines
    or default to non-Microsoft web pages.

Hope you can dispel my concerns.

Thanks, Jack

JackThorworth, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Edge new tab

Hi Pat,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Especially for Edge, its New tab page also shows “suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.

Turn off weather in new tab page in edge. edge_newtab_10122_1.png

In Microsoft Edge, you have an option not to show the New tab page when you open a new tab. Just head to the ellipsis icon at the top right then select Settings. In Settings panel, you’ll see the option “Open new tab with.” In the drop-down menu, select
    “Blank page” to disable New tab page.

Turn off weather in new tab page in edge. edge_newtab_10122_2.png

Turn off weather in new tab page in edge. edge_newtab_10122_3.png

How to disable suggested content in New tab page

Suggested content has your information at a glance: weather, national news, local news, and even featured apps from the Store. Sometimes you don’t want to see this cluster and wish to hide it. To do that, you need to open Settings via the ellipsis icon.
    Then select “Top sites” in the drop-down menu of “Open new tab with.”

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Turn off weather in new tab page in edge.

open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Turn off weather in new tab page in edge.

1. Turn off weather in new tab page in edge. - Similar Threads - Turn off weather

2. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  3. Edge Chromium New tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium New tab page: Just wanted to see some responses that do you think MS Edge will have an option to use a Blank page instead of that annoying MS search bar? Thats one of the reasons I switched to using Firefox. 181404
  4. Truly blank new tab page in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Truly blank new tab page in Edge: Ive tried getting a truly blank page in edge when opening a new tab, the closest i can get is a page with a Bing search box in the middle. Is there a way to fer a truly 'blank' page like in firefox ? 167957
  5. Chrome's Broken New Tab Page on Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome's Broken New Tab Page on Edge: [ATTACH] This is so weird. You can even you Google Voice Search and the design scheme is Google's. I guess this is Microsoft and this is to be expected. Chrome's Broken New Tab Page Edge New Tab Page submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  6. Change New Tab Page Layout in the new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Change New Tab Page Layout in the new Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has reengineered its Microsoft Edge browser and has moved it from EdgeHTML to the Chromium engine. This means that Google Chrome and the new Microsoft Edge will be powered by the same web engine. However, Microsoft has added some [...] This post...
  7. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard in the "Top Sites" page when you open a new Tab, while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address...
  8. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard on the New Tab page while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address bar itself. I remember this...
  9. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826
  10. Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge new tab disable weather