Windows 10: turn off windows 10 desktop history

Discus and support turn off windows 10 desktop history in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please tell me how I can turn off the desktop display with my history showing. My desktop is erratic, the mouse jumps all over the place, desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tracyvan, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Tracyvan Win User

turn off windows 10 desktop history

Please tell me how I can turn off the desktop display with my history showing. My desktop is erratic, the mouse jumps all over the place, desktop history expands to 9 items on desktop and shrinks if I try to click on it. I just want my regular desktop with no history windows popping in and out. I want my desktop back the way it was prior to windows 10 update.

:)

Tracyvan, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Turn on File History in Windows 10

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you turn off File history then add the drive again.

To turn off File History, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start​ button, select Settings.
      Click Update & security.
    • Choose Backupand click More options.
    • See advanced settings, then click the Turn off button.
    Restart the system then turn back on File History and add the drive.

If the issue persist, run the System File Checker tool. System File Checker
    scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To run this tool, please refer to this
    link

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Oct 31, 2018
  3. TiredofFH Win User
    Turn on File History in Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions.

The turn off button was greyed out and was unresponsive.

I had been advised to run the system file checker several time and found no problems.

In the meantime my machine has been returned to the suppler for a factory reset and is working again.

TiredofFH, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. turn off windows 10 desktop history - Similar Threads - turn off desktop

2. Clipboard history even when history is turned off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard history even when history is turned off?: Hello,So I tried copying something and I got a pop-up '24 of 24 - Clipboard Item not collected...'.Btw why is this notification not in my notifications?? Ah, yes that is the MS way.Ok fair enough, but what surprised me was that seemingly there is some collection of copied...
  3. Clipboard history even when history is turned off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard history even when history is turned off?: Hello,So I tried copying something and I got a pop-up '24 of 24 - Clipboard Item not collected...'.Btw why is this notification not in my notifications?? Ah, yes that is the MS way.Ok fair enough, but what surprised me was that seemingly there is some collection of copied...
  4. History off how to turn it ON

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    History off how to turn it ON: simple solution to turning file history on so I can back up to cloud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/history-off-how-to-turn-it-on/06d95968-eeea-4458-bdc5-68bc3592f331
  5. How to Turn On/Off and Clear Clipboard History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn On/Off and Clear Clipboard History in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows 10 Cloud Clipboard feature lets you have a list of multiple copied text in place so you can reuse it. That said, we know for a fact all Clipboard Data is cleared every time the computer restarts, but [...] This post How to Turn On/Off and Clear...
  6. Turn On or Off Device and Search History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Device and Search History in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Device and Search History in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Device and Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10 taskbar to find help, apps, files, settingsyou name it. You can also get quick answers from the weblike weather, stock...
  7. Turn On or Off Clipboard History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Clipboard History in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Clipboard History in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Clipboard History in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and again? How do you copy...
  8. Turn On or Off File History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off File History in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off File History in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off File History in Windows 10 [img] Information File History was first introduced in Windows 8, and has been improved in Windows 10. You can use File History to automatically back up versions of...
  9. Turn On or Off Collect Activity History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Collect Activity History in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Collect Activity History for Timeline in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Collect Activity History for Timeline in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17040, Microsoft added settings that let you to view and manage your activity history....
  10. Turn On or Off Cortana Browsing History Permissions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Browsing History Permissions in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Browsing History Permissions in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Cortana Using Your Microsoft Edge Browsing History in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services....