Windows 10: Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup?

Discus and support Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently heard that one of the next updates will remove passwords and push facial recognition. I can't even list the many reasons why I don't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Grimm-Flowers, May 12, 2019.

1. Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup?

I recently heard that one of the next updates will remove passwords and push facial recognition. I can't even list the many reasons why I don't want that. So I want to shut the log-in screen off altogether if I can't use just a password.

I don't know how to, though, because I'm wary of random online tutorials when it comes to something that could lock me out of my computer for good. Even ones on the microsoft website (although outdated) ending with them breaking their computer despite support assistance. Facial recognition has never recognized my face and I do not want it. I want to remain using my passwords. But if it's going to be forced on me, then I want to disable the log-in screen entirely. Without being locked out of the functionality of my computer.

Thank you.

:)

Grimm-Flowers, May 12, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 12, 2019
  3. No Login Box at Start Screen - Windows 10

Hi Michael,

We just want to verify, did the login screen reappeared after you reimage your computer? If you still encounter the same issue, then we suggest turning off fast startup to further isolate this case. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and click System and Security.
    • Click Power Options.
    • On the left pane, click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup, then click
      Save changes.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 12, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup?

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup?

1. Turn Off Windows 10 Login Screen on Startup? - Similar Threads - Turn Off Login

2. Turn Off On-Screen Keyboard at Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn Off On-Screen Keyboard at Login: <vent> Every time I use my drawing tablet, Windows decides I need the on-screen keyboard when logging in (even though the tablet is disconnected, and the computer has been fully shut down). I turn if off. It comes back the next time I use the tablet. One of the recent...
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Transparency Turning Off at Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar Transparency Turning Off at Startup: I'm a big fan of the transparency settings for the taskbar on Windows 10. Recently I've been using my laptop more for college so I turn my laptop off in between my study and class time to save battery. However, every time I start up my laptop the transparency effects aren't...
  4. Cant turn off windows login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant turn off windows login screen: Did a fresh install of Win10 the other week, for some reason I am unable to disable the Windows 10 login screen. Before it was as simple as going into netplwiz and disabling it from there. I have tried going into regedit as well and following the methods via that way....
  5. Airplane mode on the login screen not turning off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane mode on the login screen not turning off: Hi, I'm having an issue on my desktop that when the computer is on the login screen it cant connect to the internet and the only option that comes up is the airplane mode. Nothing happens when I click it and it doesnt turn off. I cant log into the computer without an...
  6. windows 10 login screen does not show / display turns off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 login screen does not show / display turns off: After getting a bluescreen while launching firefox (no no noticable relation to any driver stuff) windows doesn't start correctly anymore. I get BIOS POST, bitlocker, windows logo with dots animation and then the screen goes black. After some seconds, the display turns off....
  7. Turning off Windows 10 screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off Windows 10 screen: I listen to a lot of audio files and audio programs on my Windows 10 computer. However, there is no known function to just turn off the display screen. If I let the computer go to sleep, I lose my audio. Is there a shortcut or Key sequence I can program this function into my...
  8. Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Fast startup (aka: hiberboot, hybrid boot, or hybrid shutdown) is turned on by default in Windows and is a setting that helps your PC start up faster after shutdown. Even...
  9. Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Run OneDrive at Startup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Start OneDrive Automatically when you Sign in to Windows 10 [img] Information OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you...
  10. Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Play Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10 Windows 10 can play a sound at startup to let you know it's loaded and ready. This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the Windows startup sound...