Windows 10: Turn off Windows 10 taskbar popups?

Discus and support Turn off Windows 10 taskbar popups? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to turn off all taskbar popups in Windows 10. Some apps, such as Line (a messaging app) cause the taskbar to popup every time I receive a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by longtimepcuser, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Turn off Windows 10 taskbar popups?

I want to turn off all taskbar popups in Windows 10.

Some apps, such as Line (a messaging app) cause the taskbar to popup every time I receive a new notification. Another app, Evernote, always causes the taskbar to appear whenever I create a new note using Evernote's hotkeys.

I've turned off Notifications in in settings. (Get notifications from apps and other senders: off). I've turned off all apps under Get notifications from these senders (except for Cortana, which can't be switched off.) Neither Line nor Evernote are listed under Get notifications from these senders.

All I want to do is not have my taskbar show itself when I do something else. I only want my taskbar to appear when I move my cursor to the bottom of my screen.

Is there a registry setting I can change to prevent the taskbar from popping up? Or something else?

I'm using Windows 10, 18362.1016.

Thanks.

:)

longtimepcuser, Oct 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 Taskbar window popups

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Are you referring to taskbar preview window pop-ups?

If yes, there is no option to disable the taskbar window pop-ups when you hover the mouse, this is by design. However you may Auto-hide taskbar by following the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select properties.

• In the Taskbar tab, Place a tick mark for Auto-hide the taskbar.
    You may provide your suggestions in the feedback app.

It will be directly referred by our developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback, and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, and then select Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, and choose a topic from Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Turn off Windows 10 taskbar popups?

Taskbar Preview Popups Get Stuck "On"

Hi Kenton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if the issue persists with accessing the accessing the active apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Turn off Windows 10 taskbar popups?

1. Turn off Windows 10 taskbar popups? - Similar Threads - Turn off taskbar

2. How to turn off advertising popups in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off advertising popups in Windows 11: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system may show suggestions as popups regularly on the computer using the notification's system. Initially designed to give users tips and suggestions on improving workflows with Windows 11, the suggestions system has been turned almost...
  3. How to turn off Nero popup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to turn off Nero popup: Nero Popup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-nero-popup/f6dd432c-f01a-471a-99db-c13ff9009b71
  4. How to turn off Nero popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off Nero popup: Nero Popup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-nero-popup/f6dd432c-f01a-471a-99db-c13ff9009b71
  5. How to turn off Nero popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. turn off popup keyboard in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off popup keyboard in windows 10: how do i turn off the keyboard popping up in windows 10 when i tried to type on the built in keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-popup-keyboard-in-windows-10/f584c6dd-01da-4410-8de7-11c357ccf771
  7. How to turn off changing language popup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off changing language popup?: [ATTACH] this popup is very annoying, I know that if I will use Shift + alt this popup will not appear, but it is not a solution, I want fully disable it without removing second language...
  8. Turn off "Send to OneNote" popup

Turn off "Send to OneNote" popup: When I first got a Windows 10 computer over a year ago, the daily "Send to OneNote" popup (from the Taskbar) on startup drove me crazy. I finally managed to get it to stop, but I don't remember how I did it. Somehow I've reawakened the beast now, however. I am using an older...
  9. Turning off Japanese popup suggestions box on Windows 10?

Turning off Japanese popup suggestions box on Windows 10?: Hello everyone. I'm encountering a strange feature on Windows 10, using the Microsoft IME Japanese language pack. When playing a computer game, I attempted to input Japanese text. A little suggestions box would popup instead in the top left corner of my screen, with the...
  10. Have popup taskbar on both monitors. How to turn off on 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Have popup taskbar on both monitors. How to turn off on 2nd monitor: Just finished the upgrade from Win7-64 to Win10-64 & have an odd problem that I didn't have using Win7. I now have popup taskbars on both monitors. How do you turn off on 2nd monitor? *Confused 9555