Windows 10: turn off windows media sharing if using another program like messmo?

Discus and support turn off windows media sharing if using another program like messmo? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have turned on Windows Media Sharing . I want to use a 3rd party media server SW like Messmo or Plex , do I need to turn off Windows media Sharing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sportflyer, May 4, 2021.

1. turn off windows media sharing if using another program like messmo?

I have turned on Windows Media Sharing . I want to use a 3rd party media server SW like Messmo or Plex , do I need to turn off Windows media Sharing to avoid conflict? Tks

:)

sportflyer, May 4, 2021

2. turn off windows media sharing if using another program like messmo?

I have turned on Windows Media Sharing . I want to use a 3rd party media server SW like Messmo or Plex , do I need to turn off Windows media Sharing to avoid conflict? Tks

sportflyer, May 5, 2021
  3. Windows updates turns off Media Sharing

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Follow the methods below and check.

Method 1:

Check and make sure that the Windows media player network sharing service is running on the computer.

a) In search type Services and hit enter.

b) In the Services (Local) list, right-click
    Windows media player network sharing, and then click
    Properties.

c) Make sure that the service is started and startup type is set to Automatic.

Method 2:

Try to disable and enable Media Player and check.

Step 1: Disable the Windows Media Player:

a. Go to start and in the search type "Turn Windows features on or off".

b. Click on "Turn Windows features on or off".

c. Browse to the Media Features and uncheck Windows Media Player.

d. Restart the computer.

Step 2: Enable the Windows Media Player:

a. Go to start and in the search type "Turn Windows features on or off".

b. Click on "Turn Windows features on or off".

c. Browse to the Media Features and place a check mark in front of Windows Media Player.

d. Restart the Computer.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 5, 2021
  4. turn off windows media sharing if using another program like messmo?

Windows updates turns off Media Sharing

I

will not know if this solves the issue until windows 10 updates again!

mdlhotmail, May 5, 2021
Thema:

turn off windows media sharing if using another program like messmo?

1. turn off windows media sharing if using another program like messmo? - Similar Threads - turn off media

2. Using KODI to share media on NAS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using KODI to share media on NAS.: When right-click a file in Explorer and choose play, it downloads the file then plays. Used to just play it from the NAS. Cannot figure it out. Any suggestions?...
  3. Using KODI to share media on NAS.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using KODI to share media on NAS.: When right-click a file in Explorer and choose play, it downloads the file then plays. Used to just play it from the NAS. Cannot figure it out. Any suggestions?...
  4. Using KODI to share media on NAS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Media Streaming Keeps Turning Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Streaming Keeps Turning Off: It seems like every few days I have to turn media streaming back on. I suspect but haven't proven that streaming turns off whenever there is a Windows update. I have to continually go into WMP, click on the "Stream" down arrow and enable streaming. A few days later, I'm...
  6. Media Streaming keeps turning off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Streaming keeps turning off: Hi. I was just wondering if someone can help me. Whenever i turn on media streaming via network and sharing centre, upon a shutdown or reboot etc it will always rever to being turned off. Is there a way to keep it turned on? Many thanks Anthony...
  7. Folder being Shared but file and media sharing is off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder being Shared but file and media sharing is off: So I've had file and media sharing turned off for a long time. I typically run one computer and turn off all of that just for security reasons. I don't feel the need to be a networking guru so I always just keep all sharing turned off. Today I stumbled across a problem. My...
  8. Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off": Hello, I will go straight to the point here guys, I need WMP and I have installed Windows 10 Pro N recently (since my university gives free keys) I went to the windows download section in the website and downloaded the Media features Pack! The problem is, after I...
  9. Turn On or Off Near Share in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Near Share in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Nearby Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Nearby Sharing in Windows 10 Microsoft introduced a new Near Share feature starting with Windows 10 build 17035. Near Share was renamed to Nearby sharing in Windows 10 April 2018 Update version...
  10. Turn On or Off Show Most Used Apps at Top of Share in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Most Used Apps at Top of Share in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show Most Used Apps at Top of Share in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Most Often Used Apps at Top of Share List in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 15007 released on January 12th 2017....