Windows 10: Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"?

Discus and support Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My windows spotlight lock screen is covered with obnoxious "Fun Facts" that ruin otherwise beautiful images. Is there a way to turn this off? I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by brian_sh, May 15, 2019.

1. brian_sh Win User

Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"?

My windows spotlight lock screen is covered with obnoxious "Fun Facts" that ruin otherwise beautiful images. Is there a way to turn this off? I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

I tried a method suggested in another thread (switch the lock screen to "Picture" or "Slide Show", turn off "Get Fun Facts", then switch back to Windows Spotlight). This doesn't work - even after rebooting my machine, the annoying "Fun Facts" are still covering the screen. Do I need to change a registry entry or something?

Also, where can we provide feedback to Microsoft on this? I'm amazed anyone thought this annoying feature was a good idea, and providing no easy way to turn it off is just crazy. There are threads on this exact topic going back several years, so clearly I'm not the only one annoyed by this.

:)

brian_sh, May 15, 2019

2. Windows Spotlight "get fun facts, tips, tricks and more" feature is missing

Hi, my Windows Spotlight "Like what you see?" option ("get fun facts, tips, tricks and more" feature) is missing. My Windows version is 1709, Windows 10 Home edition.

Thank you.

Eugene_479, May 15, 2019
  3. Windows Spotlight "get fun facts, tips, tricks and more" feature is missing

Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Lock screen

Click in the Background list box and make sure Windows Spotlight is selected.

Below that, that, you should see an option to toggle on "get fun facts, tips, tricks and more" feature is missing"

If you are not seeing, you should try performing a repair upgrade:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, May 15, 2019
  4. Marc Win User

Remove "fun" facts from Spotlight lock screen in Windows 10 Home (1803)

UPDATE: I tried all solution proposed in How to disable “link your phone” links on the lock screen? and none of them seem to work on Windows 10 Home (version 1803), so this is probably not a duplicate question.

I like Spotlight on my lock screen, it keeps things fresh Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"? :). And with the 1803 update, I get new images more frequently, which is good. But with that same update some new "fun" facts were added, which mess up the picture.
    Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"? 5QtpP.jpg

Can I remove these facts ?

In the lock screen settings for Spotlight, there is no option to remove these:

Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"? o9JTI.jpg

I even switched to the lock screen picture settings to deactivate the setting, but that doesn't help either:

Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"? ft7l4.jpg

I already searched the internet, and some say to use the Group Policy settings, but they are not available on windows 10 Home edition.

Can this be done, or do I have to live with the "fun" facts ?

Update: I installed the Group Policy Editor and enabled the suggested option:

Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"? Paact.jpg

But I still have the facts displayed on my lock screen, even after a reboot.

Thema:

1. Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"? - Similar Threads - Turn off Spotlight

2. Unable to turn off fun facts on Windows 10 lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn off fun facts on Windows 10 lock screen: I just can't find a way to turn this feature off. Firstly, I went to Personalization->Lock screen and toggled off Show fun facts,tips, and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen. Then I locked screen and it still displays fact about tomorrow's St. Patrick's day...
  3. Unable to turn off fun facts on Windows 10 lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to turn off fun facts on Windows 10 lock screen: I just can't find a way to turn this feature off. Firstly, I went to Personalization->Lock screen and toggled off Show fun facts,tips, and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen. Then I locked screen and it still displays fact about tomorrow's St. Patrick's day...
  4. Unable to turn off fun facts on Windows 10 lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Fun fact! Did you know...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fun fact! Did you know...: Hi,Did you know that the Settings app is actually a browser? Don't believe me? I'll show you.Open the Settings app and press the F7 key. A pop-up comes, asking if you wanna turn on caret browsing.This proves that it's a browser.The actual truth is, the Settings app was made...
  6. Windows Spotlight Fun Fact

Windows Spotlight Fun Fact: Recently I reinstalled my Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Version. after that in lock screen I'm not able to set windows spot light as lock screen wallpaper. on the top the window *some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. But I'm using my personnel laptop. How...
  7. Windows Picture Fun Facts

Windows Picture Fun Facts: Hello Microsoft! I really want to put picture and add fun facts in lockscreen but fun facts in lockscreen it's not working so I hope you can solve this problem Windows 10 Pro Edition...
  8. Fun Facts

Fun Facts: I'm trying to get my fun facts button back to my log on screen. When I go to Settings/Personalization/Lock Screen, I see the button that turns this feature on and off but I can get it to stay on. No matter what background setting I set it to, when I leave the Lock Screen...
  9. Missing Fun Facts in Lock Screen

Missing Fun Facts in Lock Screen: For some time now I've had missing fun facts in Windows Spotlight on the Lock Screen. Its the same on my old insider PC which uses the same account which makes me wonder if its a setting thats being synced. My Mum's PC has Windows Spotlight with fun facts working and...
  10. Lock screen fun facts and tips...

Lock screen fun facts and tips...: hi, I have my lock screen set to “picture” I have the setting for get more fun facts tips... set to on.. When I lock the pc the fun facts and tips do not show... Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thank You 104037

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off fun facts

2. fun facts turn off

3. how to turn off fun

4. windows spotlight not available in win 10 edu but works in win 10 ent,
  5. how to disable fun facts on windows home spotlight,
  6. windows spotlight quiz,
  7. how to get fun facts on windows spotlight,
  8. turn off Windows spotlight,
  9. turn off windows fun facts,
  10. spotlight fun facts 2019,
  11. windows 10 remove spotlight ads,