Windows 10: Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"?

Discus and support Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My windows spotlight lock screen is covered with obnoxious "Fun Facts" that ruin otherwise beautiful images. Is there a way to turn this off? I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by brian_sh, May 15, 2019 at 9:38 AM.

1. brian_sh Win User

Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"?

My windows spotlight lock screen is covered with obnoxious "Fun Facts" that ruin otherwise beautiful images. Is there a way to turn this off? I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

I tried a method suggested in another thread (switch the lock screen to "Picture" or "Slide Show", turn off "Get Fun Facts", then switch back to Windows Spotlight). This doesn't work - even after rebooting my machine, the annoying "Fun Facts" are still covering the screen. Do I need to change a registry entry or something?

Also, where can we provide feedback to Microsoft on this? I'm amazed anyone thought this annoying feature was a good idea, and providing no easy way to turn it off is just crazy. There are threads on this exact topic going back several years, so clearly I'm not the only one annoyed by this.

:)

2. Windows Spotlight "get fun facts, tips, tricks and more" feature is missing

Hi, my Windows Spotlight "Like what you see?" option ("get fun facts, tips, tricks and more" feature) is missing. My Windows version is 1709, Windows 10 Home edition.

Thank you.

3. Windows Spotlight "get fun facts, tips, tricks and more" feature is missing

Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Lock screen

Click in the Background list box and make sure Windows Spotlight is selected.

Below that, that, you should see an option to toggle on "get fun facts, tips, tricks and more" feature is missing"

If you are not seeing, you should try performing a repair upgrade:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, May 15, 2019 at 9:41 AM
  4. Marc Win User

Remove "fun" facts from Spotlight lock screen in Windows 10 Home (1803)

UPDATE: I tried all solution proposed in How to disable “link your phone” links on the lock screen? and none of them seem to work on Windows 10 Home (version 1803), so this is probably not a duplicate question.

I like Spotlight on my lock screen, it keeps things fresh Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"? :). And with the 1803 update, I get new images more frequently, which is good. But with that same update some new "fun" facts were added, which mess up the picture.
    Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"? 5QtpP.jpg

Can I remove these facts ?

In the lock screen settings for Spotlight, there is no option to remove these:

Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"? o9JTI.jpg

I even switched to the lock screen picture settings to deactivate the setting, but that doesn't help either:

Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"? ft7l4.jpg

I already searched the internet, and some say to use the Group Policy settings, but they are not available on windows 10 Home edition.

Can this be done, or do I have to live with the "fun" facts ?

Update: I installed the Group Policy Editor and enabled the suggested option:

Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"? Paact.jpg

But I still have the facts displayed on my lock screen, even after a reboot.

Thema:

1. Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"? - Similar Threads - Turn off Spotlight

2. turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off: how do I go back to my regular picture and turn off paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off/ae72a602-5fc5-48ce-8150-ba8c396566dc
  3. window defender turned off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    window defender turned off: my window defender on win 10 pro is turned off and i am unable to turn on. system asks to turn on connect network administrator. and defender is turned off due to group policy etc....
  4. Win 10 1083: how to disable facts and tips in the Spotlight locksreen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 1083: how to disable facts and tips in the Spotlight locksreen?: I just want a clean Spotlight lockscreen, no ads, no tips. Is it still possible this on Windows 1803 playing with the registry? 111741
  5. Missing Fun Facts in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Fun Facts in Lock Screen: For some time now I've had missing fun facts in Windows Spotlight on the Lock Screen. Its the same on my old insider PC which uses the same account which makes me wonder if its a setting thats being synced. My Mum's PC has Windows Spotlight with fun facts working and...
  6. Turn off "Windows Spotlight (?)"

Turn off "Windows Spotlight (?)": I think it's called Windows Spotlight, I maybe wrong, it's when you first boot up or wake up the pc, it's the pre-login screen, that has the Cortana stuff on it. I don't use Cortana and have all but eliminated it from the desktop. Of course it can't be completely eliminated...
  7. Fun with Cortana

Fun with Cortana: Here's a short vid of Cortana in action on Build 9926, albeit in 'Her' limited capacity! Mostly the standard funny stuff cuz 'she' sucks at performing the real tasks as of yet! Enjoy. Fun with Cortana - 000's library 3898
  8. Lock screen fun facts and tips...

Lock screen fun facts and tips...: hi, I have my lock screen set to “picture” I have the setting for get more fun facts tips... set to on.. When I lock the pc the fun facts and tips do not show... Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thank You 104037
  9. Turn off windows updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off windows updates?: How can I turn off windows updates? The new windows update settings page is extremely basic and appears to lack many options from windows 7. I am concerned about updates downloading and update checks being performed whilst gaming. I would not be happy with bandwidth or...
  10. Fun with the Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 News
    Fun with the Windows Subsystem for Linux: At Build 2016, Microsoft introduced to the world the Windows Subsystem for Linux (Beta) [WSL], which enables developers to run native Ubuntu user-mode console binaries through the Bash shell in Windows 10. If you’re in the Windows Insider program, you’ve had the opportunity...