Windows 10: Turn Off Windows Update 10 Pro

Discus and support Turn Off Windows Update 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings, I'm running an IT software company and we wish to turn off the windows 10 update for our customers as it has been causing issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WednesdayRaven, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Turn Off Windows Update 10 Pro

Greetings,

I'm running an IT software company and we wish to turn off the windows 10 update for our customers as it has been causing issues especially related to other software that has been setup / fixed in the system such as printers, independent program and also some other changes that we have done. Adding on, these computers are used on a daily basis of 12 hours or more for POS operations and such.

Is there any way we can turn it off for a long duration (1 year approx.) instead of 7 days pause or 30 days ?

Various clients of mine has been calling in due to windows updating and causes the drivers such as printer not to work properly and had to be re-install or so. Adding on, usually after the long working wee hours, they wish to rush back home and thus if any windows update has been in there will force them to wait till completion =(

Our version of windows we supply
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 PRO

Windows 10 ioT Enterprise.

Any help we appreciate it much =)

:)

WednesdayRaven, Sep 19, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Sep 19, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Turn Off Windows Update 10 Pro

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Turn Off Windows Update 10 Pro

1. Turn Off Windows Update 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Turn Off Update

2. Turning off Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off Windows Updates: My Computer has not been able to update windows for 2 years. Every time it tries to update, it blue screens with 'PAGED FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA' and then takes 40 minutes to repeat this blue screen 5 times, only for it to eventually give up and return me to as I was before...
  3. Turning off Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning off Windows Updates: My Computer has not been able to update windows for 2 years. Every time it tries to update, it blue screens with 'PAGED FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA' and then takes 40 minutes to repeat this blue screen 5 times, only for it to eventually give up and return me to as I was before...
  4. Windows update is turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update is turned off: Hello, I recently went to microsoft store to download something when suddenly I encountered this error.I tried many ways shown in youtube, but I can't solve this problem. Please check if something is wrong on your side.Thank you!...
  5. Windows 10 turn off Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 turn off Windows Update: Hello there, is there anyway I can unable/delete/deactivate Windows Update specially the update feature of "Upgrading to Windows 10 20H2". I use the version 1903, because my favorite games such as FIFA 11, 12 and 13 do not work on Windows 20H2, I've used it once and the games...
  6. Turn OFF windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn OFF windows 10 updates: Hi, I have a 14gb windows tablet and as soon as I install a fresh copy of windows, I have 6-8gb free on my install drive. Later on, as soon as I connect to the internet, it all gets filled up and my tablet starts to lag. I don't really know where the updates are...
  7. Turn Off Windows 10 Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn Off Windows 10 Update?: Had to uninstall latest Win 10 update on a more current computer. Battery being replaced on this computer. How Do I stop / turn off next Win 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-10-update/d6eea9bf-7493-4e7b-8dbe-b558d065061e
  8. Windows 10 pro 1803: Turn off Cortana in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro 1803: Turn off Cortana in: I'd like to use search (superkey/winkey activated) to open up programs not to search the web or the store apps if possible How to turn off cortana in 1803? Can not find any option in gpedit.msc no more, turnin off cortana worked in 1709 is it still possible or has this...
  9. Turn off cortana in windows 10 pro 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off cortana in windows 10 pro 1803: I'd like to use search (superkey/winkey activated) to open up programs not to search the web or the store apps if possible How to turn off cortana in 1803? Can not find any option in gpedit.msc no more, turnin off cortana worked in 1709 is it still possible or has this...
  10. Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates: Hello. To turn off automatic updates in Windows 10, we basically need to prevent the Windows Update service from running on startup. This can be done by going to Start Menu>type 'Services'>look for a service called 'Windows Update' and double click on it>if it's already...