Windows 10: Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound checkbox is gone

Discus and support Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound checkbox is gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I see several post and i don´t have the option to 'Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound' checkbox in Windows 10 sound panel control. Really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nickneutrino, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound checkbox is gone

Hi,

I see several post and i don´t have the option to 'Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound' checkbox in Windows 10 sound panel control.

Really you can´t select this option in current branch 1903?

Thanks

:)

Nickneutrino, Sep 22, 2019
  2. HuânLê Win User

Windows Sonic and Realtek Virtual Surround

I would like to have more technical details about Windows Sonic and Realtek Virtual Surround (WS and RVT for short). WS gives us 7.1 virtual but limits our sound quality to 16 bit 192000Hz. If I uncheck the 7.1 checkbox, what surround WS give me? Also
    RVT allow us to use 24 bit 192000hz, I just don't know how "good" it surround? Quadra, 5.1 or 7.1? Can't find anything on Google.

HuânLê, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    5.1 surround sound not working :/

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to output 5.1 audio from your PC, the sound card of your computer should have the support for it. Not all soundcards can output 5.1 surround signal. However, you can try the following steps and see if it works.

• Right click on the Volume icon (bottom right corner) and select
      Sounds to open the sound Properties window.
    • Go to the Playback tab and right click on your 5.1 speakers and select Set as Default.
    • Right click on the speaker again and select Configure.
    • In the speaker setup window, select 5.1 surround and click Next.
    • Check all the checkboxes under optional speakers and click Next.
    • Check the checkboxes under Select full-range speakers if applicable and click Next.
    • Click the Finish button once the configuration completes and see if you get the desired output audio signal.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound checkbox is gone

Problem with 5.1 surround sound

Hello Alison, thank you for your message! My name is Ted and I'm an Independent Adviser.

The sound card must support the output 5.1 audio from the PC. Follow the steps below to check if your sound card support output 5.1 surround signal.

1. Locate the Volume icon in the bottom right corner and right click on it

2. Select Sounds and open the sound Properties window

3. Move to the Playback tab to right click on the 5.1 speakers, then choose Set as Default

4. Right click on the speaker again and choose Configure

5. Select 5.1 surround in the speaker setup window and click on Next

6. Mark all the checkboxes next to optional speakers, then click on Next

7. Mark the checkboxes next to Select full-range speakers if applicable and click on Next

8. Once the configuration completed, click on the Finish and check if you get the desired output audio signal.

Ted Willson, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound checkbox is gone

1. Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound checkbox is gone - Similar Threads - Turn virtual surround

2. should use more than 1 surround sound software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should use more than 1 surround sound software: My dts headphone x came with my laptop and then I got a razer headphone and it cames with their 7.1 surround sound an I don't know if I should use both or just 1. I play valorant and warzone 2...
  3. Audio Crackling in Boom 3D Virtual Surround Sound Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Crackling in Boom 3D Virtual Surround Sound Software: Hello.I am facing a problem with my virtual surround sound software, Boom 3D. Boom 3D is not as famous as surround sound software like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, but Boom 3D is the best and most compatible surround sound software in my case. However, I started noticing that the...
  4. how to turn on 7.1 surround sound ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn on 7.1 surround sound ?: how to turn on 7.1 surround sound ? i just bought headset 7.1 surround sound but i cant change the setting on windows 10 latest updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-71-surround-sound/7ee6281a-eba6-49b0-a26d-a730682522ea
  5. I can't turn on 7.1 surround sound

I can't turn on 7.1 surround sound: Hello everyone, i purchased headset with virtual 7.1 surround system last year and it worked perfectly. Then something went wrong with left channel and i got same new headset but this time there is NO option for me to turn on 7.1 surround system. I updated drivers, tried...
  6. 7.1 virtual surround sound checkbox is gone in 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    7.1 virtual surround sound checkbox is gone in 1903 update: [ATTACH] Is this a bug? I've heard Microsoft removed the checkbox but Im not sure, in my office laptop with 1903 still that option. https://preview.redd.it/vpncr183r4141.png?width=641&format=png&auto=webp&s=5d8dc7a52ac0535c0931b45bcc4126671a1b3ef0 submitted by...
  7. 'turn on 7.1 Virtual Surround sound' under the 'Spatial Sound' tab disappeared after an update

'turn on 7.1 Virtual Surround sound' under the 'Spatial Sound' tab disappeared after an update: After I updated this evening, I noticed some changes like the search tab becoming bigger and the sound icon, when right-clicked, does not show the 'playback devices' option. I'm pretty much setting up my cheap computer speakers, finding more comfortable spots, which is why...
  8. turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound missing the option after update windows 10

turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound missing the option after update windows 10: hello i ws be able to see this option on my pc b4 update [ATTACH] after update windows 10 i can't see the option now :( [IMG] any help plz ?...
  9. Surround Sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surround Sound: Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features? This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10...
  10. Surround sound

Surround sound: Hello, I have a bioware version 1803. The problem is no matter what headphone i useI can't seem toactivate surround sound. It doesn't let me at all. It's frustationg because i am a music lover and really just sets me off. Please do help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound

2. windows 10 7.1 surround sound tick is not there

3. windows sonic virtual 7.1 missing

4. 7.1 virtual surround sound is gone,
  5. no turn on 7.1 surround sound tick box,
  6. windows 10 7.1 surround not shopwing ,
  7. no 7.1 option on wndows sonic,
  8. turn on 7.1 surround sound is not an option,
  9. virtual 7.1 sound missing from windows 10,
  10. why dont i have 7.1 sound in windows 10 as option,
  11. windows sonic no 7.1 options,