Windows 10: 'turn on 7.1 Virtual Surround sound' under the 'Spatial Sound' tab disappeared after an update

Discus and support 'turn on 7.1 Virtual Surround sound' under the 'Spatial Sound' tab disappeared after an update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After I updated this evening, I noticed some changes like the search tab becoming bigger and the sound icon, when right-clicked, does not show the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rjasbert strongman, Sep 27, 2019.

1. 'turn on 7.1 Virtual Surround sound' under the 'Spatial Sound' tab disappeared after an update

After I updated this evening, I noticed some changes like the search tab becoming bigger and the sound icon, when right-clicked, does not show the 'playback devices' option.

I'm pretty much setting up my cheap computer speakers, finding more comfortable spots, which is why I noticed that this particular option was missing. It was my favorite enhancement, whether it be for Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos(free trial lol) for headphones, as it is always an available option unless spatial sound is off.. and a few days before I updated, I also noticed that DTS option on spatial sound appeared, which also disappeared after this latest update.

Has something gone wrong? If so, would there be ways to get the now missing 7.1 virtual surround sound function back?

:)

rjasbert strongman, Sep 27, 2019
  2. chrisssj2 Win User

Dolby Atmos Headphones Spatial viritual surround sound 7.1 on or off?

The option "turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound"

Do you need to turn this on or off in use with Dolby Atmos for headphones?
    I read you need to disable "enhancements" when using Dolby Atmos

However since the 7.1 virtual sound option is in the tab of spatial audio, where dolby atmos resides.
    It gives the impression they are ment to be used together.

Does anyone have more knowledge about this?

chrisssj2, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Spatial Sound

Hi,

The Spatial Sound feature is available in Windows 10 but by default, it has been disabled. To enable it, follow the steps below:

• In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    • In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    • Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    • Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    • Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

Get back to us if there is anything else. We'll be glad to help.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 27, 2019
  4. boop2951 Win User

'turn on 7.1 Virtual Surround sound' under the 'Spatial Sound' tab disappeared after an update

Spatial Sound

I followed the instructions but when I got to #4 spatial sound said off and there was no other info or any way to turn it on. I hit return to default but that did nothing. Please help. my earphones are off .

boop2951, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

'turn on 7.1 Virtual Surround sound' under the 'Spatial Sound' tab disappeared after an update

1. 'turn on 7.1 Virtual Surround sound' under the 'Spatial Sound' tab disappeared after an update - Similar Threads - 'turn Virtual Surround

2. Why can't I use 7.1 surround sound and spatial sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I use 7.1 surround sound and spatial sound?: Every time I got to enable spatial sounds it removes the 7.1 surround sound and only allows me to have Stereo sounds. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-use-71-surround-sound-and-spatial-sound/1209552d-675b-4100-b2ce-d688330a946b
  3. Why can't I use 7.1 surround sound and spatial sound?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I use 7.1 surround sound and spatial sound?: Every time I got to enable spatial sounds it removes the 7.1 surround sound and only allows me to have Stereo sounds. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-use-71-surround-sound-and-spatial-sound/1209552d-675b-4100-b2ce-d688330a946b
  4. no option to turn spatial sound on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no option to turn spatial sound on: context: I have had my head phones Arctis 7's for quite some time now and I have always had the problem of no spatial sound but today I finally put time aside to fix this however came to no avail. The option to pick any is greyed out and I cannot install Dolby Access I have...
  5. no option to turn spatial sound on

no option to turn spatial sound on: context: I have had my head phones Arctis 7's for quite some time now and I have always had the problem of no spatial sound but today I finally put time aside to fix this however came to no avail. The option to pick any is greyed out and I cannot install Dolby Access I have...
  6. Unable to turn on spatial sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn on spatial sound.: I have an LG C9 OLED Tv which i am using as monitor for my PC. My OLED TV supports Dolby Vision and Atmos. However to enable dolby atmos i am unable to turn on spatial sound and select dolby atmos for home theatre. Here are my Windows info : Edition Windows 10 Pro Version...
  7. Unable to turn on spatial sound.

Unable to turn on spatial sound.: I have an LG C9 OLED Tv which i am using as monitor for my PC. My OLED TV supports Dolby Vision and Atmos. However to enable dolby atmos i am unable to turn on spatial sound and select dolby atmos for home theatre. Here are my Windows info : Edition Windows 10 Pro Version...
  8. Windows Spatial Audio - No longer an option for 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spatial Audio - No longer an option for 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound?: Since updating to version 1909 last month it now seems that the Windows Spatial Audio API no longer virtualizes multichannel audio played through any media player. The checkbox that used to be visible in the sound device properties "Spatial Audio" tab to 'Turn on 7.1 Virtual...
  9. Sound Option for My Surround Sound disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Option for My Surround Sound disappeared: I just installed a new SSD into my computer but now my surround sound soundbar doesn't work. I have my tv hooked to my computer through hdmi. My soundbar hooked to my computer through hdmi. They are both hooked through my 1080ti graphics card. Before today, I could have my...
  10. Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound checkbox is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound checkbox is gone: Hi, I see several post and i don´t have the option to 'Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound' checkbox in Windows 10 sound panel control. Really you can´t select this option in current branch 1903? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound option missing

2. turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound missing

3. windows 10 turn on 7.1

4. missing Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound,
  5. windows no virtual surround sound after update