Windows 10: "Turn on caret browsing?" window appears on lock screen after sleep

Discus and support "Turn on caret browsing?" window appears on lock screen after sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This issue only started happening today. I have Edge Dev 81.0.381.0 open on Windows 10 build 18363.535, and closed my laptop to put it to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kelpso1, Jan 9, 2020.

1. "Turn on caret browsing?" window appears on lock screen after sleep

This issue only started happening today. I have Edge Dev 81.0.381.0 open on Windows 10 build 18363.535, and closed my laptop to put it to sleep multiple times, only to come back with standard Edge's caret browsing prompt overlaying the middle of the lock screen. I have checked and it is not Edge Dev's caret browsing prompt UI as that is more Chromium-like and appears at the top of the screen, instead it is the more Fluent UI designed one that appears in the center of the screen from the standard Edge browser. I forgot to take a screenshot last time it happened, but I will update this post and add it when it happens again.

Either Windows has randomly started popping up Edge prompts or Edge Dev is popping it up from yesterday's update, and somehow is using the old UI.

submitted by /u/kelpso1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kelpso1, Jan 9, 2020

2. caret browsing

Hi Elizabeth,

Caret Browsing is when you use the keyboard to navigate a browser using the
    Home, End, Page Up/Down, and
    arrow keys
    instead of the mouse. If the message to turn on Caret Browsing pops up, you will see a blue border on either
    Yes or No. Use use the left or right arrow keys to change the selection, and then press
    Enter to confirm your choice. You can also use the Tab
    key on the keyboard.

We hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with.

Patricia Yu, Jan 9, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Caret Browsing prompt

Hi Jim, which browser are your using, that you want to enable Caret Browsing in?

DaveM121, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Jim Bat Win User

"Turn on caret browsing?" window appears on lock screen after sleep

Caret Browsing prompt

I ticked to box on the caret browsing prompt to stop being asked if I wanted to use caret browsing or not and to use F7 instead.

Would anyone know HOW I may reinstate this option please (If there is a video available also, it would be a bonus)

The way shown on some routes is to go through the ... at top right- Then to "Settings" - Then to "View Advanced Settings" and select "Caret Settings" which is just below "Use Adobe Flash" BUT as you can see on my route, the "Caret Settings" choice is missing.

(I have looked at Open other sites in Apps but this proved to be a false trail.

As a result I am at a loss to know where else to look for this. Hence my question.
    "Turn on caret browsing?" window appears on lock screen after sleep 5d9410a3-60b9-455a-8f3c-fadc71452f09?upload=true.jpg

Thanks.

Kind regards

Jim Bat, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

"Turn on caret browsing?" window appears on lock screen after sleep

1. "Turn on caret browsing?" window appears on lock screen after sleep - Similar Threads - Turn caret browsing

2. How To Turn Off Caret Browsing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How To Turn Off Caret Browsing: Hi! I’m trying to turn off Caret browsing but it won’t let me, I’ve tried, f7+fn and fn+esc and it does not work, the buttons f2,f3/brightess will not work and f6,f7,and f8 does not work, it’s getting frustrating because i usually watch stuff on my computer so it’s hard not...
  3. How To Turn Off Caret Browsing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Turn Off Caret Browsing: Hi! I’m trying to turn off Caret browsing but it won’t let me, I’ve tried, f7+fn and fn+esc and it does not work, the buttons f2,f3/brightess will not work and f6,f7,and f8 does not work, it’s getting frustrating because i usually watch stuff on my computer so it’s hard not...
  4. How To Turn Off Caret Browsing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to turn off caret browsing?

How to turn off caret browsing?: Hi, I pressed F7. Got a pop -up. Checked "never show again" and pressed OK, instead of No. Now my keyboard buttons F3 -F7 used for brightness and sound management do not work. Windows 11, Edge.Tried to reset browser - did not help. Tried to turning off this: "Navigate pages...
  6. How to turn off caret browsing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off caret browsing?: Hi, I pressed F7. Got a pop -up. Checked "never show again" and pressed OK, instead of No. Now my keyboard buttons F3 -F7 used for brightness and sound management do not work. Windows 11, Edge.Tried to reset browser - did not help. Tried to turning off this: "Navigate pages...
  7. Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere: I have been seeing this popup for 3 or 4 months after some usual windows update, before that it didn't come. Now it appears everywhere, in the start menu, in settings, when I right-click to the taskbar, in applications, etc. and the interesting part is I never clicked F7 then...
  8. Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere

Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere: I have been seeing this popup for 3 or 4 months after some usual windows update, before that it didn't come. Now it appears everywhere, in the start menu, in settings, when I right-click to the taskbar, in applications, etc. and the interesting part is I never clicked F7 then...
  9. Turn on caret browsing? Annoying popup appears everywhere

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Caret browsing prompt appears on lock screen (with image)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Caret browsing prompt appears on lock screen (with image): [ATTACH] This is an update to the post here. I switched Edge Dev to light mode and kept Windows in dark mode, and still the prompt shows up as the dark Fluent UI, so this is definitely a Windows issue. I've included a screenshot this time to show what it looks like, and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. caret browsing win 10 on login screen withiut inout?

2. lock screen ask for caret browsing