Windows 10: Turn on location permissions on your child's Android device **** for family features to work.

Discus and support Turn on location permissions on your child's Android device **** for family features to work. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I get the above error under Recent activity - Notifications section of the microsoft website when logged on. I have installed microsoft launcher onto... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bgml1, Dec 15, 2019.

1. bgml1 Win User

Turn on location permissions on your child's Android device **** for family features to work.

I get the above error under Recent activity - Notifications section of the microsoft website when logged on. I have installed microsoft launcher onto my sons asus Android tablet and I can't seem to enable location permissions. when i look at the option under family (microsoft launcher) on the tablet it is greyed out and says it is not setup when you tap it but gives no clue on how to set this up!

:)

bgml1, Dec 15, 2019
  2. Suman_B Win User

Family Features and Manage Permissions not working on 1 child's account

Hi PAfable,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Remove device

I suggest to remove the device from your child's Microsoft account. Ask your child to open a web browser and login to his Microsoft account on a different device. Then, go to Devices, locate the name of the device, click on more
    actions and select Remove pc. Then, ask your child to log in again to the computer using his/her Microsoft account.

Method2: Remove the child account and add the child to family

I suggest you to follow the instructions on how
    to remove child account. You can click
    here
    to find out how to add a child account to your family

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Dec 15, 2019
  4. McHenry Win User

Turn on location permissions on your child's Android device **** for family features to work.

Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly

I recently determined that my son's Windows 10 account profile (Windows 10 regular user account linked to his Family/Child Microsoft email account) had become corrupted, as several things were not working correctly under his Windows 10 login (Edge and IE
    were limited to 8MB of internet cache)

I removed the profile, and had him login again, and a new profile was created, resolving the Edge issues, however the Family Features are not active or working. His time limits are not enforced, and my Family settings online at https://account.microsoft.com/family/
    indicate that there is an issue with his account.

"Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly."

The resolution steps indicate that I should do the following:

"To fix this:

1. Have your child sign in with their Microsoft account on their device.
    2. Open Microsoft Edge and go to Microsoft - Official Home Page.
    3. Follow the instructions on screen to verify their account."

When I follow the steps and try to go to the URL, Windows 10 attempts to open the Microsoft Store app to look for an app to open MS_WPC

On the same computer, when I go to the same URL, it asks for my live credentials, then updates the Family Features settings.

It seems like windows is not fully linking to his Windows Live account. For his siblings, their accounts show up as their email address until they login, then it resolves to their full name. For the new profile for him, this does not happen. I have removed
    the profile a few times and tried starting over again, but it yields the same result. Any ideas or suggestions?

Perhaps has the default profile become corrupted?

EDIT: He has received notification that his time is up, but when he requests more time, there is an error that indicates there may be an issue with the Internet connection (which there is not).

McHenry, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn on location permissions on your child's Android device **** for family features to work. - Similar Threads - Turn location permissions

2. We can not turn on Microsoft Family Safety Permissions on Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can not turn on Microsoft Family Safety Permissions on Android: We have installed the Microsoft Family app on our son's Sony Xperia SO41B and followed the instructions herehttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/permissions-needed-to-use-microsoft-family-safety-d2b4b127-e6ac-f541-2a76-25e8ceafc19aturning on three of the four...
  3. We can not turn on Microsoft Family Safety Permissions on Android

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can not turn on Microsoft Family Safety Permissions on Android: We have installed the Microsoft Family app on our son's Sony Xperia SO41B and followed the instructions herehttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/permissions-needed-to-use-microsoft-family-safety-d2b4b127-e6ac-f541-2a76-25e8ceafc19aturning on three of the four...
  4. We can not turn on Microsoft Family Safety Permissions on Android

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Turn on the Accessibility permission on your family member's Android device

Turn on the Accessibility permission on your family member's Android device: I am getting this message in family safety, IT says "Turn on the Accessibility permission on your family member's Android device HTC One M9 for family features to work." But accessibility permission is already enabled. I have disabled and re-enabled it multiple times. I...
  6. "Your child needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device XXX for family features to work"...

"Your child needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device XXX for family features to work"...: Hi, My daughter is using a number of PCs at home, one of them being the one supplied by the school. On all PCs, she's using her MSA to log in, and everything (Windows logon, OneDrive, Skype...) is linked to that MSA. Still, on that particular device supplied by the...
  7. Update your child's Windows 10 device to get family features to work *not working*!

Update your child's Windows 10 device to get family features to work *not working*!: I recently setup a new laptop for my child for school. After adding his account to the laptop, the new device appeared in Microsoft Family, but with the message of "Update your child's Windows 10 device [DEVICE-NAME] to get family features to work." I ran through all Windows...
  8. Receiving "Update your child's Windows 10 device [device name] to get family features to...

Receiving "Update your child's Windows 10 device [device name] to get family features to...: Hello, I cannot seem to get management access under family options for my kid's device, even after downloading and installing Win10 updates. The child has been added to the family and appears to be verified. I am an admin with my Microsoft account on his laptop, and he...
  9. Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly

Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly: I recently determined that my son's Windows 10 account profile (Windows 10 regular user account linked to his Family/Child Microsoft email account) had become corrupted, as several things were not working correctly under his Windows 10 login (Edge and IE were limited to 8MB...
  10. Microsoft Family Child Permissions

Microsoft Family Child Permissions: I want to block Google Hangouts which has an address of hangouts.google.com But my child needs access to Google Docs which has an address of google.com/drive My question is can I block certain sites in google.com but allow others? Thanks! Larry...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft launcher permissions needed to show child on map

2. turn on the accessibility permission on your childs android device

3. should i turn on location permissions for launcher