Windows 10: Turn on Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth

Discus and support Turn on Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi There I am trying to use my Windows 10 Pro laptop to turn on Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Pro Mini PC. Background / Objective: The Mini PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BornHydra, May 30, 2019.

1. BornHydra Win User

Turn on Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth

Hi There

I am trying to use my Windows 10 Pro laptop to turn on Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Pro Mini PC.

Background / Objective: The Mini PC (Kodlix GN41) is connected to a telescope, and is used out in the field. I want to be able to control the telescope from the comfort of my warm tent. There's no internet connection at the remote site, and sites change from one session to the next (hence, no internet connection on the field). I want to be able to be able to switch on Mobile Hotspot on the Mini PC once powered up, then control the telescope via RDC.

Problem: I am following this guide: https://appuals.com/how-to-turn-on-mobile-or-pc-hotspot-using-bluetooth-on-windows-10/.

I have the laptop and the minipc paired over bluetooth, but I do not see the minipc listed on my wifi connections list. How does one fix this problem? "Turn on remotely" is selected in the Mobile Hotspot settings. Also Mobile Hotspot and RDC work very well if I manually turn it on. However, I won't have a screen and keyboard in the field, hence require the ability to switch on the mobile hotspot remotely.

Thanks!

:)

BornHydra, May 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 30, 2019
  3. Turing off Bluetooth turns on Mobile Hotspot

Hello,

I've just noticed when I turn off Bluetooth on my HP 250 G3 (Intel N3540) Mobile Hotspot turns on. The name of my laptop pops up in the list of available networks, however Hotspot button remains inactive. What gives?

AlecClaire, May 30, 2019
  4. borhan48 Win User

Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

Why should I turn on mobile hotspot on phone instead of turning on wifi? Moreover I can't turn on hotspot on mobile if cellular data is not turned on.

borhan48, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn on Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Turn Mobile Hotspot

2. Windows Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth. Is the Bluetooth protocol Classic or Low Energy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth. Is the Bluetooth protocol Classic or Low Energy?: Wondering which Bluetooth protocol is used in the hotspot share function. Is it using Bluetooth Classic or Bluetooth Low Energy protocol? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mobile-hotspot-via-bluetooth-is-the/a10a91ad-dec4-4d99-a2b4-c1364a40f611
  3. Windows Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth. Is the Bluetooth protocol Classic or Low Energy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth. Is the Bluetooth protocol Classic or Low Energy?: Wondering which Bluetooth protocol is used in the hotspot share function. Is it using Bluetooth Classic or Bluetooth Low Energy protocol? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mobile-hotspot-via-bluetooth-is-the/a10a91ad-dec4-4d99-a2b4-c1364a40f611
  4. How to remotely turn on mobile hotspot on Windows11 via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remotely turn on mobile hotspot on Windows11 via bluetooth: All the help on this topic seems to say in order to enable remote activation of Windows 11 mobile hotspot via a bluetooth device we need to enable the "Turn on Remotely" switch. I am running Windows 11, and I do not see such a switch on the mobile hotspot page. I am able to...
  5. How to remotely turn on mobile hotspot on Windows11 via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remotely turn on mobile hotspot on Windows11 via bluetooth: All the help on this topic seems to say in order to enable remote activation of Windows 11 mobile hotspot via a bluetooth device we need to enable the "Turn on Remotely" switch. I am running Windows 11, and I do not see such a switch on the mobile hotspot page. I am able to...
  6. Mobile hotspot not turning on automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile hotspot not turning on automatically: Hi, I read a thread on the community on how I can turn on my mobile hotspot automatically when my laptop comes on and I followed the due process but It doesn't come on.When the laptop comes on it briefly displays the command I saved in the startup folder, but still it doesn't...
  7. Turn Hotspot Mobile on automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turn Hotspot Mobile on automatically: Yes, I've read all the similar and equal questions and replies, but none worked for me. I would like to my Hotspot Mobile to turn on at system start. That would be the Hotspot option right by my wifi connection button, ok? When running netsh wlan start hostednetwork on...
  8. Internet via mobile hotspot on bluetooth

Internet via mobile hotspot on bluetooth: I am trying to connect my HP Pavilion Windows 10 computer to internet using the mobile hotspot on my phone via Bluetooth. I have activated mobile hotspot on my phone and connected the computer to the phone via Bluetooth. However, I cannot find where to tell the computer to...
  9. Mobile Hotspot Won't Turn On

Mobile Hotspot Won't Turn On: I've been using the mobile hotspot for a while now and I've never had any problems, but for the past couple days, I haven't been able to get it to work. On my sidebar it says it's turning off, and whenever I go to the settings it just gets stuck loading [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. MOBILE HOTSPOT THROUGH BLUETOOTH

MOBILE HOTSPOT THROUGH BLUETOOTH: In Win 10 April 2018 version there is an option to create mobile hotspot from pc to other devices through Bluetooth. How does it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/mobile-hotspot-through-bluetooth/edd19eac-c57f-4abc-9006-d4a6b61aceaf