Windows 10: Turn on Numlock from terminal.

Discus and support Turn on Numlock from terminal. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a numpad layer on my keyboard but no numlock key. How can I turn on numlock? Literally the only topic I can find is setting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrskwrl, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Turn on Numlock from terminal.

I have a numpad layer on my keyboard but no numlock key. How can I turn on numlock?

Literally the only topic I can find is setting the InitialKeyboardIndicators key to 2 to 'Turn on NUMLOCK at startup.' I don't even have that InitialKeyboardIndicators key. I just want to toggle it through a command or something.

Is there a command for this I can use in the terminal. I was able to do this with Ubuntu, easy, but can't find anything for Win10.

submitted by /u/mrskwrl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mrskwrl, Jun 7, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows 10 keeps turning Numlock off *Mid-Session*

Hello,

If the NumLock key is turning on automatically, there might be corrupt registries within the system, or that software conflicts are occurring inside the system. For us to isolate the issue about the
    NumLock turning on automatically, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur recently? If yes, what changes were made before it occurred?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Aside from modifying the registry, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Windows10 - numlock not on at startup

Hi guys,

Trick was not really helpful.

After a logon, the NumLock key is now effectively on, but I need this before the logon.

My logon password has digits, and I would need the Numlock key to be «ON» at the logon process.

Is there another way to solve that ??

Thanks for your help.

Robert

RobertHenault, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Turn on Numlock from terminal.

Numlock on at startup

Ditto for me on Win 10 Pro.

I edited the registry to the suggested values to no effect.

Then tried the trick of shutting down at the login screen after manually turning on the Numlock.

Remarkably, this actually worked, but only for the next startup.

On subsequent starups the Numlock was off.

Tom123_834, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Turn on Numlock from terminal.

1. Turn on Numlock from terminal. - Similar Threads - Turn Numlock terminal

2. Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn off the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So the...
  3. Turn off Capslock and/or Numlock indicator Lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Capslock and/or Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key, off.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So...
  4. Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off on-screen Capslock Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn off the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So the...
  5. Turn off Capslock and/or Numlock indicator Lenovo

Turn off Capslock and/or Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key, off.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So...
  6. how do i turn numlock off

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i turn numlock off: ive pressed fn+12 but its not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-numlock-off/2a26c8e7-d78c-4be3-9bad-6c70ca59a47b
  7. how do i turn numlock off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i turn numlock off: ive pressed fn+12 but its not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-numlock-off/2a26c8e7-d78c-4be3-9bad-6c70ca59a47b
  8. how do i turn numlock off

9. Numlock causes some Accessibility setting to turn on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Numlock causes some Accessibility setting to turn on: Whenever I turn on numlock on my laptop (not something I do often I usually hit it by accident) my computer locks and then opens a bunch of windows help tabs on edge. Then whenever I try to type it seems like the windows key is being held down. So H turns on voice to text and...
  10. Turn off numlock for laptop keyboard ONLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off numlock for laptop keyboard ONLY: Recently, I bought a numpad keyboard extension for my laptop for ease of data entry. However, I forgot that activating the numlock means the laptop numpad is activated as well. Is there any way to turn on the numlock only for the extension or disable the numlock function...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn numlock on from terminal