Windows 10: Turn on/off touch screen without administrator privileges

Discus and support Turn on/off touch screen without administrator privileges in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to turn on/off touch screen without administrator privileges? reason being you can on/off touch screen in device manager but you must have admin... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PerryTT, Dec 31, 2018.

1. PerryTT Win User

Turn on/off touch screen without administrator privileges

How to turn on/off touch screen without administrator privileges? reason being you can on/off touch screen in device manager but you must have admin privileges and I have a computer that needs to be able to ton/off touch screen without having access to admin privileges. So how do I do this?

:)

PerryTT, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Turn off Administrative priviledges period

Hi William,

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to remove the administrative privileges from the user account through which you have logged in?

• Do you have any other user account with administrative privilege?
    If yes, I suggest that you try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows
      key + R key and type netplwiz, press Enter key.

• Select the user account
      (on which you want to remove the administrative privilege).

• Click on Properties.

• Click on Group Membership tab and
      check on Standard.
    Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Loss of administrative privileges

Hi Christine,

As a workaround, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps given above after entering Windows Recovery Environment on Windows 10. Kindly follow the steps below on how to enable the Administrator account using Windows Recovery Environment:

• Press and hold the power button on your PC until it powers off. Press the power button on your PC to turn it on.
    • A Windows logo screen or a Please wait screen will appear on the screen after repeating a force shutdown for three times.
    • The system would enter advanced recovery interface. Click Advanced options to enter Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In Windows Recovery Environment, click Troubleshoot
    • Under Advance options, click Command Prompt.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type in net user and press
      Enter.
      It will display the list of all user accounts on the system.
    • To activate the inactive Administrator account, type in the command:
      net user administrator /active:yes
      and press Enter.
    • Close the Command Prompt and exit out of the Windows Recovery Environment. Reboot your PC and try to log in.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Turn on/off touch screen without administrator privileges

Windows 10 PC not recognizing administrator privileges.

Hi Jade,

Damages within the components of your user profile can be one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with using its administrator privileges. To troubleshoot this concern, we suggest creating a new admin user profile. To be able to create
    a new administrator user profile, you would need to enable the built-in administrator in your Windows 10 device.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Using Search type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes and then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out the user profile you are currently using, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.
    • Using the built-in administrator account, create a new admin user profile.
    • Check if the same issue persists.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and
    you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command
    net user administrator /active:no and then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Turn on/off touch screen without administrator privileges

1. Turn on/off touch screen without administrator privileges - Similar Threads - Turn off touch

2. how to turn off/on touch screen without restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off/on touch screen without restart?: Hi, I need help with a problem I have on windows 11. I know how to enable/disable touch screens on windows but every time I turn them on/off, windows requires a system restart. That didn't happen in the past. I have researched this problem online but there is not a single...
  3. how to turn off/on touch screen without restart?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn off/on touch screen without restart?: Hi, I need help with a problem I have on windows 11. I know how to enable/disable touch screens on windows but every time I turn them on/off, windows requires a system restart. That didn't happen in the past. I have researched this problem online but there is not a single...
  4. Run apps without Administrator privilege

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run apps without Administrator privilege: HelloWhen I run PowerShell or Command Prompt program, they are started with Administrator privilege, that is, their window title is following Administrator: Windows PowerShell, Administrator: Command Prompt. Of course, my login account is "sun", which have Administrator...
  5. Run apps without Administrator privilege

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run apps without Administrator privilege: HelloWhen I run PowerShell or Command Prompt program, they are started with Administrator privilege, that is, their window title is following Administrator: Windows PowerShell, Administrator: Command Prompt. Of course, my login account is "sun", which have Administrator...
  6. Run apps without Administrator privilege

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Administrative privilege on a share without accessing to data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrative privilege on a share without accessing to data: Hi everyone,Is there a way to have administrative privilege on a share without accessing to data, just to assign authorizations to end users, thank you....
  8. Allow program to run without administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow program to run without administrator privileges: I have a program that I want a user in my "users" group to be able to run, but I don't want to put the user in the "Administrators" group. The program currently requires elevation to run. Can I remove this? I have given the "users" group full control of the folder that the...
  9. Chrome is able to install without administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome is able to install without administrator privileges: What the hell? My younger sister has a low level profile on our laptop, and even after saying no when the prompt asks for the administrator password, the installer says “Google Chrome can be installed without administrator privileges. Continue?”. You click yes and it fucking...
  10. Turning off Touch Screen on the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning off Touch Screen on the computer: Split from this thread. Oh ok. Then can you help me on turning off my touch screen on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/turning-off-touch-screen-on-the-computer/d5140994-e1ba-4eb5-a793-018593754ad9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it possible to turn on/offtouchscreen in windows 10