Windows 10: Turn On or Off Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Firefox

Discus and support Turn On or Off Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Firefox in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Firefox How to Turn On or Off Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Firefox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by SteveSKP, Jul 18, 2018.

1. SteveSKP Win User

Turn On or Off Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Firefox

How to: Turn On or Off Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Firefox

How to Turn On or Off Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Firefox

Content blocking is a collection of Firefox privacy features that protect you from threats and annoyances on the Web. This includes protections against trackers, which collect your browsing data across multiple websites. Starting with Firefox version 67, you can block harmful scripts including cryptominers and fingerprinters. These privacy protections are mostly invisible, but youll know theyre working when you see a shield
    Turn On or Off Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Firefox [​IMG]
    icon on the left within your address bar.

Starting with Firefox 69, Enhanced Tracking Protection for content blocking will automatically be turned on by default for all users worldwide as part of the Standard setting in the Firefox browser and will block known third-party tracking cookies according to the Disconnect list.

In some cases, blocking this content makes pages load faster, but can affect the page's functionality such as prevent pages or parts of pages from loading. If content blocking interferes with your browsing, you can disable it on individual sites.

Since Private Browsing doesnt save information about your browsing session, when you disable content blocking for a site, it will only remain disabled during your current private browsing session. When you start a new private browsing session, your content blocking settings will be restored for all sites. If youve disabled content blocking for a site while in a normal browsing window, Firefox will continue to disable content blocking for this same site when in a private window.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off content blocking for individual sites in Mozilla Firefox.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Control Center panel
    • Option Two: Turn Off Content Blocking for Individual or All Sites from Exceptions

EXAMPLE: Shield icon for Content Blocking

*note When you see the shield icon, you should feel safe that Firefox is blocking thousands of companies from your online activity.

For those who want to see which companies we block, you can click on the shield icon, go to the Content Blocking section, then Cookies. It should read Blocking Tracking Cookies. Then, click on the arrow on the right hand side, and you’ll see the companies listed as third party cookies that Firefox has blocked:

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Control Center panel
    1. Open Firefox.

2. Go to the website you want to turn on of off content blocking for.

3. Click/tap on the shield icon or the information icon to expand the Control Center panel. (see screenshots below)

4. Click/tap on Turn off Blocking for This Site (if currently on) or Turn on Blocking for This Site (if currently off) for what you want.

*note If you are in a private window, you will see Turn off Blocking Temporarily instead of Turn off Blocking for This Site.

When content blocking is turned on for a site, the site is added to the content blocking exceptions list.

When content blocking is turned off for a site, a shield icon with a strikethrough will appear in the address bar.

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn Off Content Blocking for Individual or All Sites from Exceptions
    1. Open Firefox.
    2.Click/tap on the Menu
    button, and click/tap on Content Blocking. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Manage Exceptions button. (see screenshot below)

4. Perform one of the following actions below for what you want to do: (see screenshot below)
    A) To turn off content blocking for individual sites: Select a website, click/tap on the Remove Website button, and click/tap on Save Changes when finished removing websites from exceptions.

OR

B) To turn off content blocking for all sites: Click/tap on the Remove All Websites button, and click/tap on Save Changes.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

SteveSKP, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. z3r010 Win User
    Firefox Site Content Issues

I see from the screenshot you are using ublock origin and it is blocking 8 scripts on the site, you need to click the ublock icon and disable it for that site.

z3r010, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Callender Win User

Callender, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Site is blocked

Are you talking about Block Site add-in for Firefox / Chrome?

When I click Block Site icon, I get following where I click Edit Block Sites list where I can remove it.

Turn On or Off Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Firefox 87fcfa0a-a260-4a7a-b767-5325d3cb4366?upload=true.png

Vijay_Verma, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Firefox Site Content Issues

If you are trying to place a bet then Firefox is probably blocking the content for security reasons.

Josey Wales, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Firefox - Similar Threads - Turn Off Content

2. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked sites: Why have you blocked access to certain sites that I had access to in the recent past. I am a concenting adult of 65 years of age? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-sites/abd01c8a-e78b-4f0f-aa62-f4b49c9de4f2
  3. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked sites: Why have you blocked access to certain sites that I had access to in the recent past. I am a concenting adult of 65 years of age? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-sites/abd01c8a-e78b-4f0f-aa62-f4b49c9de4f2
  4. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot Turn Off Search Suggestions in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Turn Off Search Suggestions in Firefox: I have Firefox 76.0.1 running on 4 different W10 pro machines. One 1909, the rest 2004. On any of these, I cannot turn off 'Search Suggestions' by unchecking the appropriate box in Options. I think they are distracting and don't want them. I know if I use Private Browsing...
  6. W10 - Microsoft Edge - Blocking Notifications for individual sites.

in Browsers and Email
    W10 - Microsoft Edge - Blocking Notifications for individual sites.: Hi, I have Microsoft Edge Version 81.0.416.68 (Official build) (64-bit) - a recent update - running on a HP Pavilion x360 Model 14 laptop (Op System Windows 10 Home) and want to be able to block notifications from dodgy websites. I have looked online and found that in...
  7. Site is blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Site is blocked: I accidentally caused the facebook.com site to be block on my laptop. After my mistake, attempting to access facebook.com results in this notification. ===== Block Site www.facebook.com is blocked! In order to remove this domain from the block list, please visit options...
  8. Blocked Sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocked Sites: Hard to believe that #Microsoft is running a scam but if your computer downloads a specific “infected” site a warning comes up on your computer telling you that your blocked by Microsoft and to call a Microsoft 1800 number to “unblock” your computer. When you call the number,...
  9. Firefox Site Content Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Site Content Issues: Hi guys. Have a bit of a weird issue. Just realised that Firefox will not display a sites full content but it will do on Edge. I'm trying to place a bet and it won't let me view the full coupon but it will do on Edge. Just seems very strabge [img] Firefox is updated to...
  10. Turn On or Off UI Animations in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off UI Animations in Firefox: How to: Turn On or Off UI Animations in Firefox How to Turn On or Off UI Animations in Firefox Quantum [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. The Photon UI includes a number of animations...