Windows 10: Turn On or Off Download Save Prompt in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Turn On or Off Download Save Prompt in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14361, the download notification in Microsoft Edge will include filename, download status, and site... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by erpster4, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Download Save Prompt in Microsoft Edge

Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14361, the download notification in Microsoft Edge will include filename, download status, and site domain on separate lines.

Brink, Jun 7, 2016
  2. ironfist Win User

When I check the selection there is no downloads section.

Turn On or Off Download Save Prompt in Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

ironfist, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 5, 2016
  4. Turn On or Off Download Save Prompt in Microsoft Edge

Using Option 2 I downloaded the .REG file and was trying to follow the rest of the tutorial. The instruction to Save the .REG file to my Desktop does not work, as I do not get a "Save to" feature in the menu. The closest thing to that is "Send to", which I used, but the file does not show in the Desktop list. This is unfortunate, because I cannot double click on it to merge. Double clicking on the file in the Downloads folder gets no result.

Please help by providing screenshots like were provided for Option 1. I do not wish to sign up at MS.

Agent 0013, Oct 28, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 28, 2016
  6. Thank you for the quick response. I followed the tutorial you provided to find my Windows 10 build, and I have it now for you: 14393.351

I believe this is the latest build, as my PC updated the OS this afternoon.

Agent 0013, Oct 28, 2016
  7. hotrippr Win User
    Great thread. But is there a way to auto open as well? I mean after the download completes I would like it to just open like it does in chrome.
    Thanks

hotrippr, Mar 5, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello hotrippr, *Smile

If you Windows 10 build 15007 or later installed, you could click/tap on the Open or Run option in the download prompt to have the download automatically run when it has finished downloading.

Brink, Mar 5, 2017
  9. hotrippr Win User
    Awesome to see that it is an option, too bad I am not on insider builds. Guess I'll just have to wait.

hotrippr, Mar 5, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Luckily, it won't be much longer. The Windows 10 Creators Update will be released to the general public sometime in April 2017.

Brink, Mar 5, 2017
  11. hotrippr Win User
    Cool. I am tempted to get on insider ring, but I am hesitant, concerned mostly about gaming issues that may arise from unstable builds and it is my only PC atm.

hotrippr, Mar 5, 2017
  12. hotrippr Win User
    Hmmm I guess I didn't explain well. So I do have the creator's update now but I guess it still does not have the feature. For example when I click on a .jpg to download, Chrome has a setting to remember just to open with the default app every time I click on any .jpg in the browser. It is a minor issue but was hoping they would include it in the update as it does cut out one less click of the mouse.

hotrippr, Apr 8, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

You should be able to right click on images to have a "Save picture as" type option available.

Only downloadable links (ex: files) will have the save prompt seen in the tutorial though.

Brink, Apr 8, 2017
  14. I had the same experience. After down loading and registering the .reg file the Downloads folder was created with a dword “EnableSavePrompt” created with the value of 1.
    However my experience wasn't as successful, the save as option is not available even after restarting the lap.
    What next?

bknight2602, May 27, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 27, 2017
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Download Save Prompt in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Turn Off Download

2. How to Turn On or Off Show Downloads Menu in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn On or Off Show Downloads Menu in Microsoft Edge: When a download starts in Microsoft Edge, the downloads menu will show to let you know. This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to show downloads menu when a download starts in the Chromium based Microsoft Edge. EXAMPLE: Downloads menu in Microsoft Edge [img]...
  3. How to turn off "Help" on microsoft edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off "Help" on microsoft edge?: I'm playing a game and the f1 button closes a window that opens up when I want help on MY GAME. But when I push f1 it pulls down my game and brings up Microsoft edge help. This is REALLY irritating me. I want tao turn off F1 FOR HELP!!!!!...
  4. How to Turn On or Off Ask Where to Save in Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Turn On or Off Ask Where to Save in Microsoft Edge Chromium: How to: How to Turn On or Off Ask Where to Save in Microsoft Edge Chromium How to Turn On or Off Ask Where to Save in Microsoft Edge Chromium Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web...
  5. Turn On or Off Save Data in Application Guard for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Save Data in Application Guard for Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Save Data in Application Guard for Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Save Data in Application Guard for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...
  6. Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Extensions in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible...
  7. Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  8. Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  9. Turn On or Off Make Microsoft Edge Default Browser Prompt

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Make Microsoft Edge Default Browser Prompt: How to: Turn On or Off Make Microsoft Edge Default Browser Prompt Turn On or Off 'Make Microsoft Edge your default browser' Prompt in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed...
  10. Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Save Protected Media Licenses

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Save Protected Media Licenses: How to: Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Save Protected Media Licenses How to Turn On or Off 'Let sites save protected media licenses' in Microsoft Edge Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...