Windows 10: Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; You're most welcome drekko. *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10

You're most welcome drekko. *Smile

Brink, Jan 17, 2017

2. On settings in the "Position" I can not turn on location and appears "Some settings are hidden or managed by the organization". How can I fix ? I switched telemetry to "Complete" *Sad

Thx for the help.

TheKerevas, Apr 7, 2017
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 7, 2017
  4. Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10

Thanks for your help, now I give a look ! All this has happened after I have manually installed the Creatives Update :/

UP: Here's what appears, everything should be ok ? They are disabled "Disable Windows geographic Locator" and "Disable sensors"

Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 [​IMG]

TheKerevas, Apr 7, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That would be why. You can set those two policies back to "Not Configured" and apply to then be able to set Location Service settings afterwards.

Brink, Apr 7, 2017
  6. The problem is not solved I still have that written and I can not turn on geolocation *Sad

TheKerevas, Apr 7, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Double check to see if you may also have any policies set under "User Configuration" (bottom section).

In addition, see if you may be able to after restarting the computer.

Brink, Apr 7, 2017
  8. Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10

I did as told and from everywhere is "Not configured"

TheKerevas, Apr 7, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, see if using step 2 in Option 4 and step 2 in Option 5 from the first page here may at least turn them on for you.

Brink, Apr 7, 2017
  10. Done but nothing still works... Ifsvc Services is Active

TheKerevas, Apr 7, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 7, 2017
  12. The language is right and also the number for the state, wich screenshots I have to send ?

TheKerevas, Apr 7, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Location in Settings -> Privacy would be good for now.

Brink, Apr 7, 2017
  14. Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 [​IMG]

TheKerevas, Apr 7, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Let's see if there's anything in the two registry keys below that may be causing this. Export them from Registry Editor as a .reg file, and upload them here. I'll be happy to take a look to see.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies

Brink, Apr 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Location

2. I can't turn on location services.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't turn on location services.: I'm not controlled by any organization but it shows up and won't let me turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-location-services/d3816d26-aa8a-46c3-b26f-6c080a47e47e
  3. Cant turn on Location Service on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant turn on Location Service on Windows 10: In Settings : Some of theses setting are hiddenen or managed by your organization Windows 10 20H2 Latest updates Applied. Single User System in USAGeolocation is running automatic in Services . Tried Ifsvc registry delete and other suggestion and no luck....
  4. How to turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10: If you want to turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10, this post is what you need. In Windows 10, by default, all location scripts run. However, if you want to disable Location Scripting on Windows you need to edit some group policy. The policy “Turn off location...
  5. Cortana doesn't work with location services turned off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana doesn't work with location services turned off?: I recently switched from a windows phone to android... I loved my windows phone and the assistant, talk to text is essential to me. I work with sticky fingers all day and it's best if I reduce the amount of time I touch it. Anyway, trying to avoid the google dominance I tried...
  6. Cant turn off location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant turn off location: My location is always on. When i go to settings and then privacy and click location the settings closes by itself submitted by /u/fizzy2001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gi08ai/cant_turn_off_location/
  7. Turning off Windows 10 Update under services.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning off Windows 10 Update under services.: Why is Windows 10 now blocking me from accessing the options to turn Update on or off in Services. I can't choose any of the options. This is AFTER I disabled it on multiple occasions only to have it turn back on. It stayed off for over a week this last time but it started...
  8. windows search service is turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows search service is turned off: search performance will be impacted. How do I turn it back on? Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-service-is-turned-off/96286bb5-cb49-4b64-a425-7d31c462b036
  9. Turn off location icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off location icon: Howdy, Thanks to Brink for his good tutorial on how to disable location service here: Location Service - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Settings > Home > Taskbar > Turn system icons on or off > Location is ON. I also want to turn it off via registry...
  10. Turn On or Off Cortana Location Permissions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Location Permissions in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Location Permissions in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Location Permissions in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities...