Windows 10: Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hello Blueliner, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile Option 2 is not available any more. It's still available, but you will need to do what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by pietro99, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

Hello Blueliner, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It's still available, but you will need to do what is noted in the blue note box in Option 2 first to have the setting available.

Yes, these options still work if followed step by step.

Option 3 would be good for this.

Brink, Dec 6, 2017
  2. Blueliner Win User

I have tried option 3 and it worked - but only after restarting the machine. If password is required and I change it via option 3, password is still required after wakeups until I restart the machine. And vice versa.

Blueliner, Dec 6, 2017
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Option 3 changes the setting in Settings for me without having to restart, but you should be able to use Option 4 (Group Policy) to apply this without having to restart.

Brink, Dec 6, 2017
  4. Blueliner Win User

Thanks for your reply! You are right, option 3 changes the value in the settings immmediately. Still, it does not take effect before restarting the machine.
    Option 4 is also not good, because I want to change the value for my user only - option 4 changes the value for all users.

Blueliner, Dec 7, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Actually, the other options get applied to your active power plan, and affects all users that use the same power plan.

Brink, Dec 7, 2017
  6. Blueliner Win User
    Yeah this is not what I intend. Thanks for your support, Brink, but for now, I am finde with my little AutoIt script. It is not the smartes solution, but at least it does exactly what I want it to do:

Code: Func enablePassAtReactivation() ShellExecute("ms-settings:signinoptions") WinWaitActive("[CLASS:ApplicationFrameWindow]") Sleep(600) Send("{TAB}{BACKSPACE}{TAB}{TAB}{END}") Sleep(100) WinClose("[CLASS:ApplicationFrameWindow]") EndFunc[/quote]

Blueliner, Dec 10, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The main thing is that it works for you. *Smile

Brink, Dec 10, 2017
  8. Hemimax Win User

*Thumbs Thank you for this, the wake login reappeared after the v1803 update.

Hemimax, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Require

2. turn off sign off lockdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off sign off lockdown: i need to turn off sign off lockdown so please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-sign-off-lockdown/70ef4a08-af2c-4675-bd73-d706fc2bb14b
  3. Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251: I have tried under settings>accounts>sign-in options: the present option is When PC wakes up from sleep. That is grayed out -- I cannot change it. I also see "To change this, go to Settings and search for Power & sleep. I have done that, but cannot find any option to change...
  4. Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251: I have tried under settings>accounts>sign-in options: the present option is When PC wakes up from sleep. That is grayed out -- I cannot change it. I also see "To change this, go to Settings and search for Power & sleep. I have done that, but cannot find any option to change...
  5. Can't turn off password required upon wakeup. Using Windows 10 Pro version 19045.2251

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to enable or disable Require Sign in on Wakeup in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Require Sign in on Wakeup in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you want to enable or disable Require sign in on Wakeup setting in Windows 11 or Windows 10 then you can do it with the help of the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry Editor. By default, Windows 11/10 doesn’t require you to log in or enter your password...
  7. How Do I Turn Off the Sign in Requirement Completely

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Do I Turn Off the Sign in Requirement Completely: I have turned off the require sign in in account options. I have turned off the password requirement setting with netplwiz. I turned off the lock screen in gpedit. Windows now does not ask for a login password when I start my computer. But, after about 20 minutes of...
  8. Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off: I am the administrator and the only user of my new Lenovo X1 laptop running Windows 10. I don't want to have to type a password or use the face recognition function every time that I lift the laptop's lid. But I'm being forced by Windows to sign in every time because it will...
  9. Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Require a password on wakeup to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Require a password on wakeup" from Power Options in Windows 10 In Windows 10, the Require Sign-in setting by default now. To help secure your PC, Windows requires users to...
  10. Turn On or Off Require PIN for Projecting to this PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Require PIN for Projecting to this PC in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Require PIN for Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Require PIN for Pairing when Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows...