Windows 10: Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; So I figured out that I do have the settings in the registry, they are:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by swarfega, Mar 8, 2018.

1. corylulu Win User

Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10

So I figured out that I do have the settings in the registry, they are:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemSettings\SettingId\SystemSettings_TabWindows_ApplyEnable d
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemSettings\SettingId\SystemSettings_TabWindows_BrowseWin32 Apps
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemSettings\SettingId\SystemSettings_TabWindows_Enabled

They just don't appear in my settings view. I checked that all the referenced files exist and the Title/Description locals are available as well. They also appear in the "Windows.UI.SettingsAppThreshold.en-US.pri" file, but I have no idea how to forcibly set the value despite that.

I also tried to make a new account, hoping that a new account, with a new settings configuration, might show me the option... but it wasn't there either.

I thought they said Sets weren't only going to select users anymore and everyone should be able to get them, but maybe the previous mechanic to lock people out is stuck on for me. I'm not sure.

Is there any particular services I need to have running/not running maybe?

corylulu, Mar 29, 2018
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

I must admit that I'm not sure why you do not have Sets yet. *Sad

Brink, Mar 29, 2018
  3. corylulu Win User
    I did figure out that I'm not the only one though.

corylulu, Mar 29, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

The only thing I can figure is that it's not actually completely available for everyone in Skip Ahead yet.

Brink, Mar 29, 2018
  5. corylulu Win User
    Are you currently on the same build (and have the feature)?

Do you think copying the "C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel" folder from a build with the settings might make it show up?

corylulu, Mar 29, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 29, 2018
  7. corylulu Win User
    Yeah, the odd thing is that it doesn't turn the feature off if you had it on. Some people in the reddit post say they are looking for the feature to turn it off, but it's stuck on because they can't access the settings. Which indicates to me that it's possible to enable it, just gotta figure out where.

corylulu, Mar 29, 2018
  8. corylulu Win User

Scratch my previous statement. That guy informed me he had it turned on before, but it's not working now. But he wanted to set it to off to see if it got Edge working. So I guess it actually was just removed for some people.

corylulu, Mar 29, 2018
  9. Edwin New Member
    Doable...???

Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
  10. KoRke Win User
    Hello. I also do not have the option to set tabs.

KoRke, Apr 6, 2018
  11. onlykhaz Win User
    I have them too, but no setting option what could we do?

onlykhaz, Apr 7, 2018
  12. onlykhaz Win User
    now on 17643 and still no option in settings *Sleepy

onlykhaz, Apr 13, 2018
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello onlykhaz, *Smile

If it may help, from the release notes for build 17643.

NOTE: Some Insiders may see Sets disappear temporarily after installing this build. Sets should return in 1-2 days or upon the next reboot of your PC.

Brink, Apr 13, 2018
  14. Edwin New Member
    Because of the composition of Chrome's Title Bar/Frame UI, Chrome will not open in Windows 10 Sets.

However, you can create shortcuts to open web pages in 'windows' with Chrome options and have them mount into Windows Sets:

Navigate to your favorite web page, click the Options button in the upper right of the Chrome UI and add a shortcut to that web page as depicted in the following screenshot:

The shortcut will automatically be saved to a newly created folder in your Start Menu called 'Chrome Apps'; then you can Pin desired shortcuts to your Start Menu if you wish:
    (You may delete the Desktop shortcut it creates, if you wish, the shortcut in the Chrome Apps folder will remain)

then, holding Ctrl while you select the shortcut, it will open in the existing Sets window or, it will create a new Sets window...

( @Brink , my apologies if this has been covered already but, I couldn't find it!) *Wink

Edwin, Apr 15, 2018
  15. Edwin New Member
    Some strange anomalies in Sets:

Opening numerous Tabs of folders, into one window, from the Start Menu or Taskbar by way of Ctrl+Select, the Ribbon ends up being squashed on every tab, then the whole window must be Restored down and re-maximized for every Tab! Not good!

(more to follow...) *Wink

Opening numerous instances of media in the Photos App from it's jumplist will always open in it's own window, you have to drag all the Tabs to one window manually...

Edwin, Apr 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Tabs

2. No "turn on or off Bluetooth" setting in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No "turn on or off Bluetooth" setting in windows 10: I cannot turn on my Bluetooth form settings app. There is no turn on toggle button in my windows. It is missing from the action center too. I have a Lenovo desktop. Why is that? Is it because I don't have a laptop?...
  3. Turn off TAB's Caps lock function in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off TAB's Caps lock function in Windows 10: I am looking for a way to remove the caps fuction, I find it really annoing and useless. Can anybody suggest me a software that inhibitaes TAB, not the reconition of the button though (I still want to be able to use it in videogames), or a better subreddit to post in?...
  4. Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings.: My problem is as above. After I turn it off, the apps will not auto start itself at startup, but after a few startups, it will start to turn on again. It annoys me to see Microsoft teams, Zoom, Origin, Steam and Spotify jumping at me everytime I boot up my computer. Is...
  5. App and browser settings, won't turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    App and browser settings, won't turn off: Under app and browser section, check apps and smart screen settings and smart screen for ms store when you click off, close out , it doesn't save. any idea how to force this crap off? I swear if the MS store work and its games worked for windows 7 , there's no way in hell i...
  6. Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10: How to: Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 How to Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a...
  7. Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 Starting with Settings. This content comes in a variety of forms, and can help you discover new features within Settings, or...
  8. Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can choose which apps can receive info, send notifications, and stay up-to-date, even when you're not using them. Turning background apps off can...
  9. Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 In...
  10. Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10 [img] Information Apps for websites is a feature that uses web-to-app linking to associate an app with a website. Apps for websites was first introduced in...