Windows 10: Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; I merged the reg file but it doesn't appear to have worked. How do I get tabs? 102362 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by swarfega, Mar 8, 2018.

1. swarfega Win User

Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10

I merged the reg file but it doesn't appear to have worked. How do I get tabs?

:)

swarfega, Mar 8, 2018

2. Lumia 550 - Log in to apps / Data wont turn off or on

Purchased this phone at the start of December and have now spent 2 evening completely resetting the phone. I am still experiencing the following issues:

1) I can't login to apps such as ebay or twitter. When I go to put in my details the screen turns black.

2) The Mobile data page keeps disappearing. Under settings I go to NETWORK & WIRELESS and then MOBILE & SIM only to find that the screen says "Learn More" rather than giving me the sim and data options. A soft reset holding power and volume down solves this
    if anyone else is getting this problem.

3) Battery issues. Seems to need charging a lot more than my old Lumia 635 under the same usage, despite a bigger battery.

I have already spent 2 full evenings setting up this phone and can't face the prospect of doing that again. The build for the phone does not feel finished.

Anyone else had the same

BuildingDesign, Mar 8, 2018
  3. Lumia 550 - Log in to apps / Data wont turn off or on

1) does this happen all the time or only randomly? does internet connection otherwise work on the phone at the time when the issue happens?

2) what is your operator and country?

3) are you using the original charger that came with the phone, or some 3rd party charger?

armagonfin, Mar 8, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hey Nick, *Smile

It won't work unless you have Windows 10 build 17618 instead.

Brink, Mar 8, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd. Do you have Option 1 available in Settings?

Brink, Mar 8, 2018
  6. swarfega Win User
    No, this is what it looks like:

Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 [​IMG]

swarfega, Mar 8, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You would need to scroll down further on the right side in your screenshot to see it if there.

MS didn't mention anything about Sets being available for only certain locations.

As a test if you like, change your location to "United States" and/or language to "English (United States)" to see if Sets may be available after that.

Brink, Mar 8, 2018
  8. swarfega Win User

Thanks Shawn, I'll look at that tomorrow.

swarfega, Mar 8, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Anytime mate. I look forward to your findings.

Brink, Mar 8, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I just tested by switching to UK location and display language then restarting, and I still have Sets.

I'm not sure why you don't have Sets available either. *Confused

Brink, Mar 8, 2018
  11. swarfega Win User
    I have sets, they work when I press task view. Perhaps I'm not doing something.

swarfega, Mar 8, 2018
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Clicking on the Task View button would open Timeline.

Is that what you're seeing instead of Sets, or you only see Sets when Timeline is showing?

Brink, Mar 8, 2018
  13. swarfega Win User

This is what I'm seeing:

Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 [​IMG]

swarfega, Mar 8, 2018
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 9, 2018
  15. consume Win User
    This doesn't seem to work anymore with build 17623.

consume, Mar 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Tabs

2. Accidenitly Turned Off Monitor Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidenitly Turned Off Monitor Settings: I have a Windows 10 laptop with a broken screen. I had been using an external monitor just fine, however, I went into my settings and accidently turned off the external monitor settings. I thought I was turning off the broken, attached monitor, but it turned off my external...
  3. Turning wifi off at set times?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning wifi off at set times?: Is it possible to set an on/off time for a routers wifi at set times even when the PC is off? Id like to be able to turn the wifi off over night without physically turning it off via the router itself or through the browser. My router allows me to set a time but it doesnt...
  4. PC is turning completely off? Set to turn off screen at 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    PC is turning completely off? Set to turn off screen at 10 minutes: I use the PC, walk away, and everytime it sits awhile it is off when I go back. I have to push power button, it boots showing the bios screen just like it actually is completely off. There are no lights on, the PC does not react to keyboard or mouse, only the power...
  5. Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10: Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I have the "Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results" option greyed out (..."some settings hidden/managed by your organizaition"). Registry trick doesn't help, Start_TrackProgs is already set to 1. I'd really...
  6. Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10: Thanks for the info Any idea if there is a limit to how many apps can do this? In 8 (unless I am misreading it) you can only get 7 apps to run like this in the background 7225
  7. Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10: It still shows the tabs in Alt+Tab in build 17639 no mater if set to Windows only or Windows and tabs for me though. How about for you folks? 107462
  8. Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge: This doesn't work in Edge 40 (CU). I would really like to turn off the entire 'down arrow tab preview' guff. I hit it by accident when going for the new tab sometimes. TIA. 59159
  9. Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: Brink; I started using Edge as my default browser after CU but Option 1 here doesn't work. The message window opens every time even if I tick the 'Always close all tabs' box. I used your regedit in Option 2. I can see the new reg entry but next time I close Edge with multiple...
  10. Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10: Tutorial has been updated to add OPTION THREE to turn on or off Start suggestions using a REG file. *Smile 24117