Windows 10: Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by swarfega, Mar 8, 2018.

1. swarfega Win User

Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10.

Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10

Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a controlled study. The concept behind Sets is to make sure that everything related to your task: relevant webpages, research documents, necessary files and applications, is connected and available to you in one click. Office (starting with Mail & Calendar and OneNote), Windows, and Edge become more integrated to create a seamless experience, so you can get back to whats important and be productive, recapturing that moment, saving time Microsoft believes thats the true value of Sets.

Sets: With all the elements that go into a task, sometimes convincing yourself to get started is the hardest part. Sets help you keep webpages, documents, files, and apps connected, while remaining just one click away. When you close a file that includes a group of tabs, itll help you bring those tabs back to life the next time you open it. Whether its something you pick up later in the day or in a couple weeks, Sets is being designed to help you keep the important things together.

Add tabs to apps: To help fuel Sets, most apps will be able to add app and web tabs. When you select a link in something like an e-mail, itll open in a new tab next to the app you were using. Selecting the plus (+) in an app will take you to a new tab page, which will help you jump to your next location. You might already know where you want to go, or just need a little bit of inspiration. From here, youll be able to search your PC and the internet, access customized feeds, open frequently used websites and apps, and get suggestions based on your recent activity.

Here are a few keyboard shortcuts you can try out:
    • Win+Ctrl+Tab – Switch to the next tab
    • Win+Ctrl+Shift+Tab – Switch to the previous tab
    • Win+Ctrl+1 through 8 – Switch to a specific tab
    • Win+Ctrl+9 – Switch to the last tab
    • Ctrl+T or Win+Ctrl+T – Open a new tab
    • Ctrl+W or Win+Ctrl+W – Close the current active tab
    For more details about Sets, see: Introducing Sets - Windows Insider

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the Sets feature to have tabs in apps for your account in Windows 10.

*note Sets is available for all Insiders who have opted in to rebooting your PC.

*tip Enable Sets Manually in Windows 10 RS5 builds Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Warning Starting with Windows 10 build 17666, Sets can no longer be turned on or off.

Instead, you can now only enable or disable Sets via a group policy for specific or all users.

*Arrow How to Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) using a REG file
    EXAMPLE: Sets in Windows 10

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Multitasking on the left side, and turn on (default) or off Tabs in apps for what you want under Sets on the right side. (see screenshots below)

3. Restart the computer to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the BINARY value in the registry key below.

Code:
    Data BINARY

02,00,00,00,51,1a,48,fb,c1,cd,d3,01,00,00,00,00,43,42,01,00,00 (hex) = On
    02,00,00,00,7a,fa,5c,b5,bd,cd,d3,01,00,00,00,00,43,42,01,00,02,00,00 (hex) = Off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Tabs in apps (Sets)
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Sets-Tabs_in_apps.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Tabs in apps (Sets)
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Sets-Tabs_in_apps.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Restart the computer to apply.

8. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

swarfega, Mar 8, 2018

2. Lumia 550 - Log in to apps / Data wont turn off or on

Purchased this phone at the start of December and have now spent 2 evening completely resetting the phone. I am still experiencing the following issues:

1) I can't login to apps such as ebay or twitter. When I go to put in my details the screen turns black.

2) The Mobile data page keeps disappearing. Under settings I go to NETWORK & WIRELESS and then MOBILE & SIM only to find that the screen says "Learn More" rather than giving me the sim and data options. A soft reset holding power and volume down solves this
    if anyone else is getting this problem.

3) Battery issues. Seems to need charging a lot more than my old Lumia 635 under the same usage, despite a bigger battery.

I have already spent 2 full evenings setting up this phone and can't face the prospect of doing that again. The build for the phone does not feel finished.

Anyone else had the same

BuildingDesign, Mar 8, 2018
  3. Lumia 550 - Log in to apps / Data wont turn off or on

1) does this happen all the time or only randomly? does internet connection otherwise work on the phone at the time when the issue happens?

2) what is your operator and country?

3) are you using the original charger that came with the phone, or some 3rd party charger?

armagonfin, Mar 8, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hey Nick, *Smile

It won't work unless you have Windows 10 build 17618 instead.

Brink, Mar 8, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd. Do you have Option 1 available in Settings?

Brink, Mar 8, 2018
  6. swarfega Win User
    No, this is what it looks like:

swarfega, Mar 8, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You would need to scroll down further on the right side in your screenshot to see it if there.

MS didn't mention anything about Sets being available for only certain locations.

As a test if you like, change your location to "United States" and/or language to "English (United States)" to see if Sets may be available after that.

Brink, Mar 8, 2018
  8. swarfega Win User

Thanks Shawn, I'll look at that tomorrow.

swarfega, Mar 8, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Anytime mate. I look forward to your findings.

Brink, Mar 8, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I just tested by switching to UK location and display language then restarting, and I still have Sets.

I'm not sure why you don't have Sets available either. *Confused

Brink, Mar 8, 2018
  11. swarfega Win User
    I have sets, they work when I press task view. Perhaps I'm not doing something.

swarfega, Mar 8, 2018
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Clicking on the Task View button would open Timeline.

Is that what you're seeing instead of Sets, or you only see Sets when Timeline is showing?

Brink, Mar 8, 2018
  13. swarfega Win User

This is what I'm seeing:

swarfega, Mar 8, 2018
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 9, 2018
  15. consume Win User
    This doesn't seem to work anymore with build 17623.

consume, Mar 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Tabs

2. No "turn on or off Bluetooth" setting in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No "turn on or off Bluetooth" setting in windows 10: I cannot turn on my Bluetooth form settings app. There is no turn on toggle button in my windows. It is missing from the action center too. I have a Lenovo desktop. Why is that? Is it because I don't have a laptop?...
  3. Turn off TAB's Caps lock function in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off TAB's Caps lock function in Windows 10: I am looking for a way to remove the caps fuction, I find it really annoing and useless. Can anybody suggest me a software that inhibitaes TAB, not the reconition of the button though (I still want to be able to use it in videogames), or a better subreddit to post in?...
  4. Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings.: My problem is as above. After I turn it off, the apps will not auto start itself at startup, but after a few startups, it will start to turn on again. It annoys me to see Microsoft teams, Zoom, Origin, Steam and Spotify jumping at me everytime I boot up my computer. Is...
  5. App and browser settings, won't turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    App and browser settings, won't turn off: Under app and browser section, check apps and smart screen settings and smart screen for ms store when you click off, close out , it doesn't save. any idea how to force this crap off? I swear if the MS store work and its games worked for windows 7 , there's no way in hell i...
  6. Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10: How to: Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 How to Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a...
  7. Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 Starting with Settings. This content comes in a variety of forms, and can help you discover new features within Settings, or...
  8. Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can choose which apps can receive info, send notifications, and stay up-to-date, even when you're not using them. Turning background apps off can...
  9. Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 In...
  10. Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Apps for Websites in Windows 10 [img] Information Apps for websites is a feature that uses web-to-app linking to associate an app with a website. Apps for websites was first introduced in...