Windows 10: Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; The 'Mute Audio' button is missing when Edge is opened in Sets, (New Tab), as opposed to Edge on it's own... [img] Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by swarfega, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Edwin New Member

Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10

The 'Mute Audio' button is missing when Edge is opened in Sets, (New Tab), as opposed to Edge on it's own...

Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 15, 2018
  2. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Apr 15, 2018
  3. Edwin New Member
    Not sure if this is a problem with Sets, but a problem nonetheless...

UWP Apps hibernate after a period of time rendering the thumbnail audio controls inoperative and thus messes up the Audio Controls Desktop Overlay....

Edwin, Apr 15, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

Cent Browser documents the dedicated windows opened in Sets! No other Chromium variant does!

Edwin, Apr 16, 2018
  5. Edwin New Member
    For those Desktop Users using Keyboard and Mouse, if you have a mouse with assignable buttons, specifically Ctrl+Click, selecting Apps from the Start Menu, the Taskbar and some jumplists will be a breeze!
    Ctrl+Left Click opens the app in the current/focused Sets window, and switches to it immediately, or opens in a new window.

Edwin, Apr 16, 2018
  6. Edwin New Member
    If you're like me and like to maintain window size and position but find when you open media in Windows Media Player while in a group of Sets, WMP may resize all Tabs; simply right click on the WMP interface and uncheck 'Fit Player to video'.

(I find you do have to train Tabs to remember sizes)

Edwin, Apr 17, 2018
  7. Edwin New Member
    Chrome will open an online radio station as a pop-out which I can drag into Sets, but Edge, it will let me drag the tab but won't let me drop it into Sets, I have to open a new Sets Tab and paste and go!

(Be nice if you could maintain the 'Audio Mute' button on these Tabs as well!) *Wink

Edwin, Apr 17, 2018
  8. Edwin New Member

The Taskbar window options work for groups of Sets...

... but the 'Undo' option does not!

Edwin, Apr 17, 2018
  9. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Apr 17, 2018
  10. Edwin New Member
    For those who still rely on the use of Windows Photo Viewer but notice it won't open in Sets, ImageGlass is a favorable, light weight alternative...

Edwin, Apr 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Tabs

2. Accidenitly Turned Off Monitor Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidenitly Turned Off Monitor Settings: I have a Windows 10 laptop with a broken screen. I had been using an external monitor just fine, however, I went into my settings and accidently turned off the external monitor settings. I thought I was turning off the broken, attached monitor, but it turned off my external...
  3. Turning wifi off at set times?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning wifi off at set times?: Is it possible to set an on/off time for a routers wifi at set times even when the PC is off? Id like to be able to turn the wifi off over night without physically turning it off via the router itself or through the browser. My router allows me to set a time but it doesnt...
  4. PC is turning completely off? Set to turn off screen at 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    PC is turning completely off? Set to turn off screen at 10 minutes: I use the PC, walk away, and everytime it sits awhile it is off when I go back. I have to push power button, it boots showing the bios screen just like it actually is completely off. There are no lights on, the PC does not react to keyboard or mouse, only the power...
  5. Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Launch Tracking in Windows 10: Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I have the "Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results" option greyed out (..."some settings hidden/managed by your organizaition"). Registry trick doesn't help, Start_TrackProgs is already set to 1. I'd really...
  6. Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10: Thanks for the info Any idea if there is a limit to how many apps can do this? In 8 (unless I am misreading it) you can only get 7 apps to run like this in the background 7225
  7. Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Tabs for Sets in Alt+Tab in Windows 10: It still shows the tabs in Alt+Tab in build 17639 no mater if set to Windows only or Windows and tabs for me though. How about for you folks? 107462
  8. Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tab Preview in Microsoft Edge: This doesn't work in Edge 40 (CU). I would really like to turn off the entire 'down arrow tab preview' guff. I hit it by accident when going for the new tab sometimes. TIA. 59159
  9. Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: Brink; I started using Edge as my default browser after CU but Option 1 here doesn't work. The message window opens every time even if I tick the 'Always close all tabs' box. I used your regedit in Option 2. I can see the new reg entry but next time I close Edge with multiple...
  10. Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10: Tutorial has been updated to add OPTION THREE to turn on or off Start suggestions using a REG file. *Smile 24117