Windows 10: Turn on WiFi using a command

Discus and support Turn on WiFi using a command in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Rather than switching WiFi on/off using WiFi icon in Action center, is there any command to perform this task? Thanks and Regards, Akshay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Akshay Sakpal, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Turn on WiFi using a command

Hi,

Rather than switching WiFi on/off using WiFi icon in Action center, is there any command to perform this task?

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Sakpal

:)

Akshay Sakpal, Jul 25, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Turn on WiFi using a command :)

3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Turn on WiFi using a command

Turn of push notice 'action required Wifi' Lumia 950

Hi, Kittyvan H.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Turn WiFi search off, when you don’t need it, by taping on WiFi quick action button or by managing your
    WiFi notification by following these steps:

• Slide your finger downwards on the screen.
    • Press All settings.
    • Press Network & wireless.
    • Press WiFi. and then select Wi-Fi Sense.
    • Turn on/off "Connect to suggested open hotspots".
    • Uncheck "Show a notification banner when action is needed from me".

Let us know if it works.

Marcel Dio, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Turn on WiFi using a command

1. Turn on WiFi using a command - Similar Threads - Turn WiFi using

2. Wifi not turning on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi not turning on: I've been clicking on my wifi icon but it's not switching on despite several clicking and troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-turning-on/d9e4d9b7-43c1-4fe5-93bb-f843d0c4b684
  3. Intel graphics command center is not opening if I didn't turn on the wifi

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Intel graphics command center is not opening if I didn't turn on the wifi: When I open intel graphics command center without connecting to Internet it keeps loading. I restarted the pc and turn on the WiFi and it opened normally. I shut downed the pc and turned on it again I opened intel graphics command center again without connecting to the...
  4. Intel graphics command center is not opening if I didn't turn on the wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel graphics command center is not opening if I didn't turn on the wifi: When I open intel graphics command center without connecting to Internet it keeps loading. I restarted the pc and turn on the WiFi and it opened normally. I shut downed the pc and turned on it again I opened intel graphics command center again without connecting to the...
  5. Intel graphics command center is not opening if I didn't turn on the wifi

6. How to turn on periodic scanning using only the command prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to turn on periodic scanning using only the command prompt: Hi, Windows Defender automatically disables periodic scanning when another antivirus program is installed on the device. A scan then cannot be initiated from the command prompt without first enabling periodic scanning. What is the command to enable periodic scanning from the...
  7. WiFi not turning on

WiFi not turning on: I am unable to turn on my WiFi, and whenever I click on the button it greys out and doesn’t do anything. The issue is identical to that described in this video. Unfortunately, I’m on a desktop not a laptop and, to my knowledge, do not have a WiFi key that would be causing...
  8. WiFi not turning on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not turning on: I am unable to turn on my WiFi, and whenever I click on the button it greys out and doesn’t do anything. The issue is identical to that described in this video. Unfortunately, I’m on a desktop not a laptop and, to my knowledge, do not have a WiFi key that would be causing...
  9. WiFi will not turn on

WiFi will not turn on: Starting the morning of Feb 2, 2021, the WiFi turned off and will not turn on. I have tried resets, new driver downloads, new Windows 10 download. The WIRELESS light is now on constantly, but still no WiFi connection. Computer: Sony VAIO, model SVE151D11L. Originally came...
  10. WiFi turning off when using computer

WiFi turning off when using computer: I can use the internet on my phone with no problems but whenever i connect my HP laptop to the internet, the Wi-Fi stops working and no devices including the computer can access the internet until i turn the laptop off. Please help!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c# windows 10 turn on wifi