Windows 10: Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.

Discus and support Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I do apologise if this has been asked, I have searched and also used google to search, to no avail, at least not worded this way. I do not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by wrecche, Sep 30, 2015.

1. wrecche Win User

Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.

Hi,

I do apologise if this has been asked, I have searched and also used google to search, to no avail, at least not worded this way.

I do not use windows firewall, I opt to use Windows10Firewall Control, which does, IMO, a better job of giving me control. Which is really beside the point.

I have disabled Windows Firewall in settings, and asked it not to alert me, yet on Every boot I get the dingle tune and the alert box popping up telling me "Turn Windows Firewall On." with an X next to it.

I made the mistake once of clicking the X to get rid of this, but that's a new trick... it, for some reason, tells windows "Hey This idiot wants to turn the firewall on, we better do it, silently." and I spent the next few hours pulling my hair out as to why my test webserver was now inaccessible.. I mean, I turned it off, I set it to not alert me, I clicked the X, yet it still knows better than I do.

I have tried searching inside settings for an option to stop this annoying intrusive alert, yet when I click on "Change how windows alerts me" it only takes me to a settings page for notifications of selected apps, like mail..

I have had to refresh the OS a number of times trying my hardest to fix little things like this.

Please someone must know how to get rid of this. I am not brand new. I know what risks I take not having this on, but I don't need it. and the fact that it sneakily turns on when you think you are clicking the X button, which in every single other instance of windows means "Go away" and not "Yes, ok I agree" just makes my skin crawl.

I am becoming pretty over 10 quite fast *Sad

any help would be appreciated... even if it's delete some exe or edit the backside out of the registry... :/

:)

wrecche, Sep 30, 2015

2. Firewalls no longer automatically turn on

Hi

Since the last Windows 10 update, my firewall does not automatically turn on. Every morning I get a message telling me that I have no firewall and suggesting I turn on either Window Firewall or my third party firewall (Kaspersky). I duly turn on Kaspersky
    every morning.

I have followed a tonne of hints, tips and guidance to no avail. Both services are set to automatic (Kaspersky and Windows Firewall).

I find it a bit annoying, but know my partner will ignore it completely and open us up to the outside world. How can I fix this?

Michelle

Perplexed user99, Sep 30, 2015
  3. SadoniB Win User
    Windows Firewall Notifications on Windows 10

I have turned off Windows Firewall on every profile, set the ToastEnabled key on Push Notifications in the registry to 0, and turned off messages about the network firewall in Security and Maintenance, and yet when I restart my PC, the message option turns
    itself back on. Is there any way I can stop this from happening?

Thanks!

SadoniB, Sep 30, 2015
  4. Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.

Windows10Firewall Control uses Windows Firewall, it is just a different interface for a better management, it is most likely Windows10Firewall Control telling you to turn WF on, because it can not work without it.

TairikuOkami, Sep 30, 2015
  5. wrecche Win User
    I did not realise this. But anyway, it didn't do this on Windows 8.1 - And it is working perfectly without it turned on.

As in, it's OFF all the time, which is why it is annoying me to turn it on, and when it was accidentally turned on, things I had working broke...

either way, it's a windows 10 annoyance, and given the plethora of problems I have both seen and encountered, such as the app store failing to work, failing to download apps, netlix not loading at all, cortana disappearing taking the start menu and task bar with it... I am entirely unimpressed.

Even if it was a case of something not working, where is the option to Stop it annoying me. Maybe I want to have it turned off. The Notification settings are not there any more, as they used to e for AV/Firewall and automatic updates.. now it will just annoy you till you go back to windows 8.1

sigh..

wrecche, Sep 30, 2015
  6. shimshom Win User
    As TairikuOkami said it's meant to work with Windows firewall and is not a separate firewall it uses the core functionality of Windows firewall and "enhances" it so basically when you turn WF off you're not really protected and when you turn it on you need to configure it so as to allow the programs and services you need to function and there are many guides about how to do so otherwise if you disable the Win firewall you're better off removing the Windows10Firewall Control and using a stand alone firewall or as part of a security suite like Comodo or many others which will still need tweaking to allow what you need to function. Win 10 at least here is good just needs taming and tweaking and ultimately I find it works well and is mostly faster than 7

shimshom, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.

1. Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot. - Similar Threads - Turn Firewall unwanted

2. how to turn off Firewall protection messages.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to turn off Firewall protection messages.: I'll try to be nice but Microsoft is making me mad again.I keep getting notifications to turn on the Firewall & network protection.How can I turn this off.I can't use the Windows firewall because it will interfere with our printing. I use another software for antivirus and...
  3. how to turn off Firewall protection messages.

how to turn off Firewall protection messages.: I'll try to be nice but Microsoft is making me mad again.I keep getting notifications to turn on the Firewall & network protection.How can I turn this off.I can't use the Windows firewall because it will interfere with our printing. I use another software for antivirus and...
  4. Unwanted messages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted messages: The following keeps appearing when using Microsoft Solitaire: do you want to get-user-id.js from ads.yahoo.com? I do not wish to accept this, but trying to cancel it or clicking on the 'x' does nothing. It will not go away. How can I get rid of this, and stop it from...
  5. Unwanted notification: "Turn on windows firewall". I don't want it.

Unwanted notification: "Turn on windows firewall". I don't want it.: I want to preface this by saying I did search for the answer to this question but the ones I found were obsolete. So I'm behind physical firewalls on my home network and I've turned off the windows firewall. Now I get a nagging notification urging me to turn it back on. I...
  6. How to turn on every Windows firewall notification?

How to turn on every Windows firewall notification?: So, here's a new question for almost everyone on this forum: How do I turn on every single notification from Windows firewall before it makes any rash decisions based on "this program is a part of Windows, it should automatically be allowed to access the internet."? It would...
  7. Unwanted message on Boot

Unwanted message on Boot: sir, start PC booting process PCGuard ROM V1.1 Feb 2 2010 11:44:56 Please setup the Hidepartion of pcguard? this two line message appear for 1 second and boot normal. can i remove the message? Hitu...
  8. firewall turned off showing on every boot

firewall turned off showing on every boot: windows 10 gives windows firewall & mcafee firewall both are turned off on every boot but its not actually turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-turned-off-showing-on-every-boot/a24b9d5e-02f6-42fd-acc7-b216faa8497e"
  9. Notification message on every boot: Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notification message on every boot: Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned...: For the past year that I've had my laptop, I've always been greeted a few minutes after login with a notification that reads: "View firewall options Windows Firewall and McAfee Firewall are both turned off. Tap or click to see available options." I get a similar message...
  10. Unwanted messages

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted messages: In the lower right hand corner of the desktop, (where windows messages usually show up such as, "Download complete") I keep getting messages, "The supreme court said..." and Trump said,"blah, blah, blah"),"Shooting in Massachusetts". I don't want or care about or want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn on windows firewall message