Windows 10: Turn volume down 1 level at a time? (Windows Media Player)

Discus and support Turn volume down 1 level at a time? (Windows Media Player) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to make Windows Media Player turn down 1 level at a time instead of in increments on 5, 6, 7? (Whenever I press F10 to turn down the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/idekfml, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Turn volume down 1 level at a time? (Windows Media Player)

Is there a way to make Windows Media Player turn down 1 level at a time instead of in increments on 5, 6, 7?

(Whenever I press F10 to turn down the volume it goes to 100 to 95 then 89. I want to make it 1 at a time, so 100 then 99 and so on.)

submitted by /u/idekfml
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/idekfml, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Eric Ber Win User

windows media player win 10

Hi Lee,

Turning on Auto Volume Leveling on Windows Media Player will equalize the relative volume of the songs listed in the "Now Playing" pane. This will resolve the issue of some songs playing at high volume while others are low, even though the speakers are at the
    same volume settings. You will need to turn it on and let an entire song play to take effect, in the future, the volume levels will be normalized.

To enable the Auto Volume Leveling in Windows Media Player, you can follow the steps below:

• Open the Windows Media Player.
    • In Now Playing mode, right-click an open space in the Player. Tips: If the Player is currently open and you are in
      Library mode, click the View, then choose
      Now
      playing to switch it to the Now playing
      mode.
    • Right click inside the player. Roll the mouse over Enhancements
      and select Crossfading and Auto Volume Leveling.
    • Click the Turn on Auto Volume Leveling link.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Apr 1, 2021
  3. robotics1 Win User
    can't stop volume leveling in media player

Typically in a song the voices go down in volume when there is a louder bass (or other instrument) then you can hear it come back up again until the next loud bar. This used to be a serious problem when I had Beats software. I got rid of that and everything
    seemed fine but it still happens though reduced effect. If I play the same song through VLC player it doesn't happen so I am blaming media player and not the sound device or driver. If I try to check volume leveling in WMP I get "Volume leveling not available
    for current media" (regardless of the media). So it seems to be permanently engaged and I can't turn it on or off. I don't like VLC but I have to use it to avoid this problem with WMP. Any advice? Would it work to uninstall WMP and download a fresh copy?

robotics1, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Turn volume down 1 level at a time? (Windows Media Player)

Turn media player on

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to turn on the Windows media player?
    • What are you referring to "turn on media player for FM"?
    • Are you trying to rip the Disk?
    Please post to us with exact issue with more clarity of the issue you are facing to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Turn volume down 1 level at a time? (Windows Media Player)

1. Turn volume down 1 level at a time? (Windows Media Player) - Similar Threads - Turn volume down

2. Volume going up and down by 1 level rapdily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume going up and down by 1 level rapdily: HiThe volume control panel won’t go away because the volume is stuck going back and forth one level eg. 100 and 98, 0 and 2, etc. I tried restarting the pc, disabling the sound driver and even reinstalling it but it didn’t do anything. I can drag the volume using my mouse to...
  3. Volume going up and down by 1 level rapdily

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume going up and down by 1 level rapdily: HiThe volume control panel won’t go away because the volume is stuck going back and forth one level eg. 100 and 98, 0 and 2, etc. I tried restarting the pc, disabling the sound driver and even reinstalling it but it didn’t do anything. I can drag the volume using my mouse to...
  4. Volume going up and down by 1 level rapdily

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to turn down TTS's default volume levels?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn down TTS's default volume levels?: I hear Discord's TTS uses the TTS of Windows 10. Sometimes I use the /tts command in text channels to communicate with friends we're in a voice channel with. If one of them finds that the voice that reads my text-to-speech is too loud, how would they go about lowering? From...
  6. volume levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume levels: hey, I have a new laptop asus zenbook with windows 10. whenever I unplug my headphones and then plug them back it resets my volume level to 100%. in my previous laptop also windows 10 it would remember my volume level let's say 50%. How do I fix it so it will remember my...
  7. Windows Media Player volume leveling when burning a CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player volume leveling when burning a CD: I have never been able to get Windows Media Player to level the volume when I burn various .Wav files to CD. I have Windows 10, WMP 12. Yesterday I uninstalled WMP 12 and reinstalled, no help. I do have the check box for volume leveling normalizing in the burn options...
  8. Windows Media Player volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player volume: WMP audio volume slider and mute are not working but it does have sound. If I use the main volume mixer I can control the speaker volume but not WMP. I also have MPC-HC media player installed and it's volume control works fine. What can I do? 77616
  9. How to turn brightness up or down, five levels at a time?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn brightness up or down, five levels at a time?: I hate how I have to continuously press the brightness 50 times to get it to where I want it. Is there a way I can change it to go up or down in fives? Or can I at least change it so I can hold the button down and it will keep going until I release it? 28318
  10. Windows Media Player randomly changes the volume

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Media Player randomly changes the volume: Hello, I use WMP a lot while I'm working. It worked fine on my previous box, but I just got a new PC and installed Win10 Pro with all updates. When I play mp3s, WMP will randomly alter the volume. Sometimes it plays them at normal volume, sometimes they are really...