Windows 10: Turn Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot

Discus and support Turn Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use Xfinity cable connected per my work requirement. When I turn on Mobile hotspot in my settings, I can use Xfinity Wifi all throughout my condo on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HelenLois, Sep 8, 2020.

1. HelenLois Win User

Turn Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot

I use Xfinity cable connected per my work requirement. When I turn on Mobile hotspot in my settings, I can use Xfinity Wifi all throughout my condo on other devices not connected by cable. I thought this was great. Then I discovered that I could also connect to my hotspot, walking outside, up to about 50 feet from the building. So I am wondering if other people in nearby condos, or outside, have access and is my network secure?

:)

HelenLois, Sep 8, 2020

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Sep 8, 2020
  3. tommygun Win User
    Projecting to this PC with Mobile Hotspot turned on ?

Hi.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 1909 trying to cast my Android phone to Windows 10 with Mobile Hotspot turned on.

The phone is connected to the internet with Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot, but the screen cast is only is working when Mobile Hotspot is turned off.

Is there a way to screen cast with Mobile Hotspot turned on ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

tommygun, Sep 8, 2020
  4. borhan48 Win User

Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

Why should I turn on mobile hotspot on phone instead of turning on wifi? Moreover I can't turn on hotspot on mobile if cellular data is not turned on.

borhan48, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Turn Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot - Similar Threads - Turn mobile hotspot

2. Mobile hotspot not turning on automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile hotspot not turning on automatically: Hi, I read a thread on the community on how I can turn on my mobile hotspot automatically when my laptop comes on and I followed the due process but It doesn't come on.When the laptop comes on it briefly displays the command I saved in the startup folder, but still it doesn't...
  3. turning mobile hotspot for hp window 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    turning mobile hotspot for hp window 10: i failed to turn on mobile hotspot in my pc it tells me that i have not connected to any internet that is why it cant turned on while i have connected to modem internet broadband modem...
  4. Turn Hotspot Mobile on automatically

Turn Hotspot Mobile on automatically: Yes, I've read all the similar and equal questions and replies, but none worked for me. I would like to my Hotspot Mobile to turn on at system start. That would be the Hotspot option right by my wifi connection button, ok? When running netsh wlan start hostednetwork on...
  5. Projecting to this PC with Mobile Hotspot turned on ?

Projecting to this PC with Mobile Hotspot turned on ?: Hi. I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 1909 trying to cast my Android phone to Windows 10 with Mobile Hotspot turned on. The phone is connected to the internet with Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot, but the screen cast is only is working when Mobile Hotspot is turned off. Is there a...
  6. Automatically Turn On Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

Automatically Turn On Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10: I already success setting mobile hotspot and share my LAN internet connection though WIFI in my windows 10 computer. My problem is every time i turn off computer then turn it on again, i must click mobile hotspot to turn on it and share my LAN internet. Is there a way to...
  7. Mobile Hotspot Won't Turn On

Mobile Hotspot Won't Turn On: I've been using the mobile hotspot for a while now and I've never had any problems, but for the past couple days, I haven't been able to get it to work. On my sidebar it says it's turning off, and whenever I go to the settings it just gets stuck loading [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Unable to turn on Mobile Hotspot

Unable to turn on Mobile Hotspot: Hi. I'm on a metered connection using my USB Data Card, but been unable to to turn on the Mobile Hotspot to share my connection with other devices (see screenshot below). Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you. [img] 30897
  9. Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 You can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. You can share a Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or cellular...
  10. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...