Windows 10: Turn Windows Defender off when using Windows 10 Backup Program?

Discus and support Turn Windows Defender off when using Windows 10 Backup Program? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; When using Windows 10 built in back up program to make an image, can Windows Defender continue to run or should it be turned off during the process? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Lexus45, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Lexus45 Win User

Turn Windows Defender off when using Windows 10 Backup Program?

When using Windows 10 built in back up program to make an image, can Windows Defender continue to run or should it be turned off during the process?

I have been making image backups with WD running, but then I have never had to use the backup to restore an image. Just want to be sure the backup will work if needed.

Thanks

PS: Same question as respects my other system with Windows 7 but using Norton Security. Should the AV be on or off during the backup process?

:)

Lexus45, Apr 2, 2019
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Apr 2, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Back to Windows 10 for me!

msmpeng.exe is Windows Defender(a completely useless program in Windows 7). You can get rid of it by turning off Windows Defender in the Tools section in Windows Defender, and then going into services.msc and disabling the Windows Defender service.

newtekie1, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Turn Windows Defender off when using Windows 10 Backup Program?

Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Turn Windows Defender off when using Windows 10 Backup Program?

1. Turn Windows Defender off when using Windows 10 Backup Program? - Similar Threads - Turn Defender off

2. Turn off Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Windows Defender: I am trying to install a new AV software and Windows defender is blocking it. How do I turn off Windows defender in Windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-defender/75cc62c9-69c6-4b9b-8b43-a55a5cec3d1f
  3. Turn off Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Windows Defender: I am trying to install a new AV software and Windows defender is blocking it. How do I turn off Windows defender in Windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-defender/75cc62c9-69c6-4b9b-8b43-a55a5cec3d1f
  4. windows defender turned off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender turned off: my windows defender got completly turned off by a virus and i need help turning it back on[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-turned-off/1ace7038-f611-4e3d-a190-a6a133ce76df
  5. Windows Defender turning off.

Windows Defender turning off.: I have Malwarebytes Premium and I use Windows Defender as a primary scanner, but whenever i update or restart, it turns itself off and i have to turn it back on. Is this normal or something?...
  6. turning off windows defender

turning off windows defender: [ATTACH]i need help because i'm not sure,if i turned off my windows defender will these threats comeback and be allowed? the other 3 at the top are removed or restored so please help....
  7. Turn off Windows Defender

Turn off Windows Defender: I understand I can only turn windows defender off in the short time but to fully turn it off I have to go to the registry. Not computer savvy so beyond my capabilities. I run iolo System Mechanic Pro and don`t want to run them both at the same time. However when windows...
  8. window defender turned off

window defender turned off: my window defender on win 10 pro is turned off and i am unable to turn on. system asks to turn on connect network administrator. and defender is turned off due to group policy etc....
  9. Turn On or Off Schedule for Windows Backup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Schedule for Windows Backup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Schedule for Windows Backup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Backup Schedule in Windows 10 [img] Information The Backup and Restore (Windows 7) feature (aka: Windows Backup) was originally included in Windows 7. It was deprecated in...
  10. Turn On or Off Windows Defender in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Windows Defender in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 Windows Security is built-in to Windows 10 and includes an antirvirus program called Windows Defender Antivirus. Windows Defender Antivirus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.bing.com5% 30%

2. how to backup using windows defender windows 10

3. will windows defender keep backup image from working

4. if i have norton security should i turn of windows defender in window 10 1803?,
  5. windows defender proteção windows 10,
  6. should i be running defender on windows 10 2019