Windows 10: Turn Windows Defender off when using Windows 10 Backup Program?

Discus and support Turn Windows Defender off when using Windows 10 Backup Program? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; When using Windows 10 built in back up program to make an image, can Windows Defender continue to run or should it be turned off during the process? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Lexus45, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Lexus45 Win User

Turn Windows Defender off when using Windows 10 Backup Program?

When using Windows 10 built in back up program to make an image, can Windows Defender continue to run or should it be turned off during the process?

I have been making image backups with WD running, but then I have never had to use the backup to restore an image. Just want to be sure the backup will work if needed.

Thanks

PS: Same question as respects my other system with Windows 7 but using Norton Security. Should the AV be on or off during the backup process?

:)

Lexus45, Apr 2, 2019
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Apr 2, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Back to Windows 10 for me!

msmpeng.exe is Windows Defender(a completely useless program in Windows 7). You can get rid of it by turning off Windows Defender in the Tools section in Windows Defender, and then going into services.msc and disabling the Windows Defender service.

newtekie1, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Turn Windows Defender off when using Windows 10 Backup Program?

Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Turn Windows Defender off when using Windows 10 Backup Program?

1. Turn Windows Defender off when using Windows 10 Backup Program? - Similar Threads - Turn Defender off

2. window defender turned off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    window defender turned off: my window defender on win 10 pro is turned off and i am unable to turn on. system asks to turn on connect network administrator. and defender is turned off due to group policy etc....
  3. WINDOW DEFENDER IS TURN OFF

WINDOW DEFENDER IS TURN OFF: I NEED HELP FROM THE SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR TO HELP ME TURN ON MY WINDOW DEFENDER THROUGH GROUP POLICY THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-is-turn-off/35198a9c-39b1-4fa2-9011-2e3918aa76cd
  4. How to Turn Off Windows Defender (Windows 10)

How to Turn Off Windows Defender (Windows 10): Are you looking for How to Turn Off Windows Defender? so this is the right place where you can learn How to Turn Off Windows Defender in Windows 10. This is a Step by Step Process. If you are searching for How to Turn Off Windows Defender then you are installing some...
  5. Turn off Windows Defender

Turn off Windows Defender: Hi I'm trying to turn off Windows Defender as recommended by Sophos the new antivirus software I am getting. But when I followed the instructions online I didn't have an option to manage setting on the last step. I have an hp envy 360 that I just bought and I think it may be...
  6. Temporarily Turn OFF Windows Defender

Temporarily Turn OFF Windows Defender: I know I have seen how to turn Defender on or off temporariy. I have searched on the internet but NONE that have seen tell me how to turn it off or on. I have the Security Center on my Task bar but I can NOT see anything in there to allow turning Defender on and off. The way...
  7. How to Turn Off Windows Defender in Windows 10

How to Turn Off Windows Defender in Windows 10: Are you looking for How to Turn Off Windows Defender? so this is the right place where you can learn How to Turn Off Windows Defender in Windows 10. This is a Step by Step Process. If you are searching for How to Turn Off Windows Defender then you are installing some...
  8. Windows Defender Cannot Be Turned Off

Windows Defender Cannot Be Turned Off: As I use a proprietary antirvirus, and on a whim, I just thought to check my Windows Defender setting, only to find to find that it was turned on*. (I could swear I turned it off, sometime in the past. I was further surprised to find that the On/Off button is disabled--so I...
  9. trying to turn off windows defender

trying to turn off windows defender: I am trying to completely turn off/disable windows defender. i have norton and malwarebytes pro installed on my computer so there is need for another antivirus program to be running at all. i managed to turn off the real time protection, but the service is still running...
  10. Turn On or Off Windows Defender in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Windows Defender in Windows 10: Hi Shawn, I'm new here on 10 forums since the upgrade date but been on 8 forums for over a year. I am now using Win 10 and like it much. I tried the steps above to keep Win Defender on. but it's not working or not in the registry anywhere. What am I doing wrong or do I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i have norton security should i turn of windows defender in window 10 1803?

2. windows defender proteção windows 10

3. https://www25% 30%.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/how-do-i-turn-off-defender-windows-security-win-10.159356/

4. should i be running defender on windows 10 2019