Windows 10: Turn Windows features on and off does not work - windows 10

Discus and support Turn Windows features on and off does not work - windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I'm trying turn ON the windows feature "windows subsystem for Linux" but it does not work. When I reboot my computer it says the was some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatriciaPettersson, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Turn Windows features on and off does not work - windows 10

Hello!

I'm trying turn ON the windows feature "windows subsystem for Linux" but it does not work. When I reboot my computer it says the was some problem in completing the changes and that they will be removed. When I open windows feature the checkbox is unchecked again.

The same happens when I check the feature for virtualization", after rebooting the same message and then it is unchecked. Any tips on what to do?

Thanks in advance!

:)

PatriciaPettersson, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Turn Windows features on and off does not work - windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Turn Windows features on and off does not work - windows 10

1. Turn Windows features on and off does not work - windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn features off

2. Turning Windows features on/ off not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning Windows features on/ off not working!: Hello sir, I was trying to turn on virtual machine platform in Windows features. But unfortunately, it is throwing error, with error code 0x800705aa. I searched the internet but got no solution. I will be providing the screen recording for the reference. Also, the error is...
  3. Turning Windows features on/ off not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning Windows features on/ off not working!: Hello sir, I was trying to turn on virtual machine platform in Windows features. But unfortunately, it is throwing error, with error code 0x800705aa. I searched the internet but got no solution. I will be providing the screen recording for the reference. Also, the error is...
  4. Turning Windows features on/ off not working!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Turning of Snap Window Feature in Windows 10 does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning of Snap Window Feature in Windows 10 does not work: Turning off the snap window feature does not work and is incredibly frustrating as I'm constantly resizing my windows and then having to very slowly and carefully resize them again because they snapped into a totally pointless size and not how and where I want them. I've...
  6. Turning of Snap Window Feature in Windows 10 does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning of Snap Window Feature in Windows 10 does not work: Turning off the snap window feature does not work and is incredibly frustrating as I'm constantly resizing my windows and then having to very slowly and carefully resize them again because they snapped into a totally pointless size and not how and where I want them. I've...
  7. Turn Windows Features on or off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Windows Features on or off?: When I go to turn on some of the Windows features and click "Ok" they automatically turn themselves back off. And vice versa. Any way to stop this from happening? Am I doing something wrong?...
  8. Turn windows features on or off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn windows features on or off: Every time i try to play this one game one my computer a message pops up. “An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature: Collecting feature detail.” Under it shows “-> Install this feature”(which is gray and not clickable) and “-> Skip this installation”(thats blue...
  9. Turn Windows features on or off not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Windows features on or off not working: Hi everyone, When I try to use turn windows features on or off, it doesn't work. I use it, and then a message appears that says "Windows completed the requested changes." I go back to check, and nothing happened. I've also tried restarting my system. I'm trying to turn on...
  10. Turn Windows Features On or Off in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Windows Features On or Off in Windows 10: How to: Turn Windows Features On or Off in Windows 10 How to Turn Windows Features On or Off in Windows 10 Some programs and features included with Windows, such as Internet Information Services, must be turned on before you can use them. Certain other features are turned...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tunr windows feature on off not working

2. windows features on and off not working

3. windows features on and off will not turn on

4. windows 10 turn features on not working