Windows 10: Turn windows features on or off

Discus and support Turn windows features on or off in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Every time i try to play this one game one my computer a message pops up. “An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature: Collecting feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jendrusick, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Turn windows features on or off

Every time i try to play this one game one my computer a message pops up. “An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature: Collecting feature detail.” Under it shows “-> Install this feature”(which is gray and not clickable) and “-> Skip this installation”(thats blue and clickable). By clicking the second option nothing happen the game is not started. I go into programs to Turn Windows Features on or off and it opens its box with a please wait in the smaller box. I waited all night with no change. I think there might be a problem here.

:)

Jendrusick, Oct 2, 2019

2. Win 10 Pro 64x: under Turn Windows features on or off, what are the default features?

Hi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

When you will open the Windows features window the options in front of which there is a check mark then those options are turned on by default. You may refer to the steps provided below to open Windows feature on.

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type appwiz.cpl
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Now check the list and see the option in front of which there is a check mark.

For example Internet explorer, media features, Print to PDF etc.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 2, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Turn windows features on or off

Windows 7 top feature request list leaked to the public

With Windows still managing to find its way to over 95 percent of the desktop computers sold each year, it's not surprising that one can find plenty of people interested in giving their feedback about what future versions of Windows should be able to do.

A few years ago, before Windows Vista had even shipped, Microsoft sent out a wish list form asking people what features they would like to see in the next version of Windows, currently code-named Windows 7. The top wished-for features in this list were recently leaked to the public and have popped up at various sites (e.g., Neowin). While anonymous sources at Microsoft tell us that they bear no relationship to the actual feature set Microsoft is currently writing for Windows 7, the list does provide interesting insight into what the Windows-using public most wants from Windows.

The features are listed in no particular order, but they break down into various categories depending on what part of Windows the feature request falls under. Many requests for improvements in Internet Explorer, such as a session restore function, are fairly obvious wishes for features that already exist in competitive products such as Firefox and Opera. Other suggestions, such as a tabbed Windows Explorer, look for features from web browsers to migrate into the general user interface.

Turn windows features on or off win7-early_feedback.gif

Some of the feature requests are clearly unrealistic, such as the desire to "back up" Xbox 360 games to the PC (yeah, I don't think Microsoft will be doing that one). Others are minor user interface enhancements that would be nice additions but wouldn't really change the Windows experience, such as a progress bar when hibernating the system. However, there are a few that make good sense and would be welcome additions to the operating system, such as a built-in video and audio codec manager.

A Windows 7 insider who wishes to remain anonymous told Ars that the leaked feature list was gathered before any real development on Windows 7 was started, and readers should not expect to see requests from the list necessarily implemented in Microsoft’s next major Windows release.

Ben Clarke, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Turn windows features on or off

1. Turn windows features on or off - Similar Threads - Turn features off

2. Turn Windows features on or off error:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn Windows features on or off error:: Selected to turn on Windows Hypervisor Platform in the Windows features and by screen is stuck on Searching for required files. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-windows-features-on-or-off-error/15e359b1-ef43-4713-bbdf-4364f2d4f56d
  3. Turn Windows Features on or off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Windows Features on or off?: When I go to turn on some of the Windows features and click "Ok" they automatically turn themselves back off. And vice versa. Any way to stop this from happening? Am I doing something wrong?...
  4. Turn Windows Features On or Off

Turn Windows Features On or Off: Some time ago, I messed with the option of turning Windows features on or off. I was wondering what the default features are, and maybe which ones I should have on. If it helps, I have a FLEX 4-1470. Thanks....
  5. Turn Windows Features on or off empty

Turn Windows Features on or off empty: Hi! I tried system restore, turning on Windows module installer, sfc /scannow, Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth but it is still empty. What can I do?...
  6. Permission to turn Windows Features On and Off

Permission to turn Windows Features On and Off: I need to turn off Isolated User Mode,but when i open OptionalFeatures.exe,it gives this message. Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Any help?...
  7. turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......

turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......: no option …… here what can I do ???[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-windows-features-on-or-off-features-problems/a096cbff-d166-4258-aca7-276e271d300b
  8. Turn Windows Features on or off Blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn Windows Features on or off Blank: Trying to run Age of Empires 3 and getting error code: 0x800F0831. Apparently I need to access Turn Windows Features on or off to fix this problem, but it comes up blank no matter what I try. Windows version is 10.0.16299. Thanks....
  9. Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off": Hello, I will go straight to the point here guys, I need WMP and I have installed Windows 10 Pro N recently (since my university gives free keys) I went to the windows download section in the website and downloaded the Media features Pack! The problem is, after I...
  10. Problem with "Turn Windows features on and off"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with "Turn Windows features on and off": Hello ! In order to play an old game, I need to activate the DirectPlay feature. I tried to do it through the graphical interface "Turn Windows features on and off" but it failed (and it is the same whatever the feature I try to modify). I tried to do it in command lines...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows features which ones should i turn on 2019

2. turn features on or off windows 10